Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-18-2023, 08:55 PM   #11
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It's amazing they are expanding this line, and I'm all for more MK being made, but we also need more females than just Sonya (who I just ordered). Bring on Sindel, Kitana and Mileena. I would love a MK3 Sheeva as well.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 10:14 PM   #12
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Very glad to see Liu and Johnny coming. All that's left now is Kano and a pretty decent MK1 lineup can be had.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 11:23 PM   #13
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

After getting Sonya in and seeing how well done she is, I bought Shao Kahn and Sub-Zero. Sub-Zero hasn't shipped yet, but I got Shao Kahn in today. These pieces are amazing.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 10:19 AM   #14
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

When Shao Kahn first came out, the general consensus was that he seemed undersized compared to other 1/10 pieces. I personally only had Scorpion and Sub Zero from this line, and when they came in they both seemed the opposite - oversized, compared to my other 1/10 pieces. So I'm not really sure if the MK pieces ALL are oversized, if it was just Scorps and Subs, or what.

What's your opinion on Shao Kahn compared to Sonya sizing wise, and just in general those pieces compared to any other Iron Studios 1/10 pieces you may have?
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 11:55 AM   #15
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
When Shao Kahn first came out, the general consensus was that he seemed undersized compared to other 1/10 pieces. I personally only had Scorpion and Sub Zero from this line, and when they came in they both seemed the opposite - oversized, compared to my other 1/10 pieces. So I'm not really sure if the MK pieces ALL are oversized, if it was just Scorps and Subs, or what.

What's your opinion on Shao Kahn compared to Sonya sizing wise, and just in general those pieces compared to any other Iron Studios 1/10 pieces you may have?
I actually thought the same thing from pics and videos I've seen where he's included. Seeing them in person, I don't think that's the case. I think his seated pose is misleading. If he were standing, he would tower over her. However, he's the only male I have ATM. I have Sub-Zero coming soon and am trying to find some of the others that have sold out.
Old 01-07-2024, 05:59 AM   #16
Raven_Roth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm waiting on my Sonya order. I have Raiden, Sub and Scorp. I really want Shao and Goro.
The Shao sKulpt is beautiful. I do feel like he looks a tad undersized, though.
Raven_Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 12:18 PM   #17
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I was hesitant to pull the trigger on Goro way back when as I wasn't sure if it was gonna be another line that dies after 4 pieces. So glad I went all in as we're getting close to the original seven MK1 roster. AFAIK it's never been done officially?
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 12:55 PM   #18
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
I was hesitant to pull the trigger on Goro way back when as I wasn't sure if it was gonna be another line that dies after 4 pieces. So glad I went all in as we're getting close to the original seven MK1 roster. AFAIK it's never been done officially?
You're correct. They announced Johnny and Liu. So all that remains is Kano and Shang Tsung. But, I'm very hopeful they plan on all characters from the first three games. They've already done Shao and Baraka who weren't introduced until MK2.
Old 01-07-2024, 02:43 PM   #19
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
So glad I went all in as we're getting close to the original seven MK1 roster.
I likely won't be paying aftermarket prices to catch up, but I too am glad it's headed in that direction. I hope someone does a floating shelf with them all lined up like:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shrine.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	167337  
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 04:11 PM   #20
Castor
Doh!

I think this line is quite cool ! A great job from IS
I have Goro, Sub-Zero and Scorpion and Sonya is on her way.
I'm not going to take everyone but surely I'll take 2 to 3 more characters.

Given the outfit choices, it seems truely dedicated to MK trilogy more than just the first one.

I can't wait to see more about teased Liu Kang and Johnny Cage. If the production keeps going like that, I'm gonna take them.

I personnaly would like so badly to see a 1/10 Motaro (that would be a childhood's dream...) and a 1/10 Kitana would be great also.
Castor is offline   Reply With Quote