Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Andy Bergholtz

Old 07-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #11
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Bergholtz View Post
Bearmdel, sorry man... I understand your frustration but you're barkin' up the wrong tree. Not only is the Aragorn technically not 'my' sculpt (even in it's prototype stage, as I mentioned in my post above), but I have no connection or influence with Sideshow's production line.

Even if I did, there's nothing that could be done to fix it. The statue is a few days away from shipping, they are finished producing them and no changes can be made.

Personally, while I agree it differs quite a bit from the prototype, I still think it looks great. That's just my opinion though.
I know you couldn't help at all but I was sooo frustrated that I had to vent a bit. Sorry I took your time to do that. I think it does look okay but not as good. I love your work and have so many of your sculpts.

The irony of all this is that when it came out at first I ordered, then canceled, then a few weeks later put my name on the wait list, then got converted and canceled again. After finding out you had something to do with it, I put my name down again on the wait list and got converted yesterday and then this....

Oh well, thanks for responding anyway... can't wait to see what your next sculpt will be.
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #12
Vader
Ghost

It almost looks like they went back to Andy's sculpt.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
Figurefreaks
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hi Andy!

I can see that they have change the position of the head and his left arm
…but have they change much from the head sculpt from the prototype?
I think it’s hard to tell from the new pictures with different lightning and painting.
I guess it looks even more impressive in hand than in those pictures …they always are.

Tom.
Figurefreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #14
Andy Bergholtz
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figurefreaks View Post
Hi Andy!

I can see that they have change the position of the head and his left arm
…but have they change much from the head sculpt from the prototype?
I think it’s hard to tell from the new pictures with different lightning and painting.
I guess it looks even more impressive in hand than in those pictures …they always are.

Tom.

Heya Tom,

I honestly have no clue what changes were made from prototype to production, I'm out of the loop as much as the rest of ya. In fact I wasn't involved with this project at all past the point of turning in my original sculpt (which was already altered before the prototype stage by another sculptor). I don't follow the development of these pieces very much beyond my specific duty in the process.
Andy Bergholtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #15
Figurefreaks
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Bergholtz View Post
Heya Tom,

I honestly have no clue what changes were made from prototype to production, I'm out of the loop as much as the rest of ya. In fact I wasn't involved with this project at all past the point of turning in my original sculpt (which was already altered before the prototype stage by another sculptor). I don't follow the development of these pieces very much beyond my specific duty in the process.
Thank you for you’re answer Andy …guess we just have to wait and see then.

Hope you got some time to develop some of you’re private kit project this days too.

Take care!
Tom.
Figurefreaks is offline   Reply With Quote