Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #321
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
Prime 1 schedule, marketing and actions are weird.

On their page, we can see Yennefer from the Witcher as coming soon for ages, no info about... size, price, dates, videos, nothing.

And now they´re not coming to SDCC
Prime 1 studios will be showing up to other events this year, and they'll surely be displaying new statues.....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:43 PM   #322
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Both P1 and XM reveal/tease their stuff way too early. It's just a buzzkill when you literally have to wait like 2.5+ years to have something that you're aware of.

It's the one thing Sideshow does tangibly better. They very, very rarely do any kind of really early teasing of statues and you in general have a statue right around a year from knowing it exists. Probably the main reason why I should stop coming to forums like this, to stop seeing the really early teases. But even then P1 ship dates from PO tend to be close to 1.5 years.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #323
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Prime 1 studios will be showing up to other events this year, and they'll surely be displaying new statues.....
I´m waiting to see Prime 1 Chun Li... Hoping they made a Cammy too... Even Ryu and the others of SF line, no info, price, dates, size...

I want to see something about the new license from Game of Thrones, some concept.

With so little info until now, "coming soon" looks like beyond 2020.... the others that have zero info? Beyond 2021...

That lack of info make hard to keep an agenda for statues, I keep my focus only on the ones I have info...
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #324
MegatronG1
The X-Men

It's hard to get hyped up for anything 1.5 years out. I may add it to the wishlist to keep it in mind, but have any Prime 1 pieces ever been impossible to obtain once they arrive and ship? Nothing really is anymore. That doesn't mean there isn't demand, just that things take more time to sell out and recover in the aftermarket now.

I like F4F's marketing strategy a lot more. They keep the hype going through their production vlogs, and engage with collectors a lot more. Prime 1 is unanswerable to us gaijin.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:20 PM   #325
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I like the long waiting times because it allows me to PLAN everything ahead of time. How i am going display it,where i am going to display it, which companion pieces i am going to get and what i am going to do with the boxes. All of that can be thought out before i even get the statues and personally for me the long wait coupled with knowing exactly what i am going to get helps reduce impulse buys.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:31 PM   #326
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

The tariffs on the tariff schedule still say 5.3% which is what collectors are having to pay on Prime 1 shipments. As I said before, I'd like to see some proof as opposed to just seeing the increases in statue pricing with no ability to validate claims. The increases are published and the statues/figures aren't on there.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:01 PM   #327
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I think maybe many businesses are jumpy and scared about the tariffs so maybe they are factoring them into their operations their cost prematurely.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:09 PM   #328
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
The tariffs on the tariff schedule still say 5% which is what collectors are having to pay on Prime 1 shipments. As I said before, I'd like to see some proof as opposed to just seeing the increases in statue pricing with no ability to validate claims. The increases are published and the statues/figures aren't on there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I think maybe many businesses are jumpy and scared about the tariffs so maybe they are factoring them into their operations their cost prematurely.
Check out Todd's Facebook video from 5/10/19. Start watching at 24:05...

Todd talks tariffs
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:11 PM   #329
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Check out Todd's Facebook video from 5/10/19. Start watching at 24:05...

Todd talks tariffs
Thanks. I'll check it out.

*edited - For those who want to see what I am talking about. Here are the new tariff items.

https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files...t-09.17.18.pdf

In May, the items on this list increased from 10% to 25% - https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy-off...cation-section
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:21 PM   #330
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It's just mind boggling to me that even after the steady stream of PO's that P1 has been doing the past few months, they still have THIRTY SIX products on their "coming soon" page. And oh by the way we're coming up on the time of the year where a lot of new things tend to be revealed.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote