Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #521
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Such long delays are a red flag. PCS surely had a sunk cost from scrapping the production from another factory, and they will rush it however before they have to pay the new factory out of pocket.
It's clear they're done with this license and it's customers anyway.

They spent money to get good production with several Street Fighter pieces and they are still sitting in their warehouse 1.5 years after release so little reason to pay a premium for an even less profitable license.

They followed through with this mainly to keep from having to refund money.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:18 AM   #522
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It's clear they're done with this license and it's customers anyway.

They spent money to get good production with several Street Fighter pieces and they are still sitting in their warehouse 1.5 years after release so little reason to pay a premium for an even less profitable license.

They followed through with this mainly to keep from having to refund money.
Yes you're correct ...Was my last PCS piece on order ...I have s lot of their MK but also Conan and Master of The Universe but I wouldn't preorder with them again or order till a in hand review of the quality with close ups ...They'll need to prove their quality before purchase from now on.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:15 PM   #523
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Got mine put together. I like it. Pretty cool piece. They did miss some paint on the base and I had to widen the keyhole for the peg to fit. Base doesn't feel like it's the highest quality, but serves its purpose. I'm good with the paint on Scorpion...not bad. Not a masterpiece, but I'm happy with it and happy I got it. That said, I didn't have to wait 3 years for it, either...
Philintheblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:03 AM   #524
aaronica
The Avengers

Just got my scorpion statue today, kinda better than what i expected given the mixed reviews

is the paint on his face different from his body, mine look a bit "wash out" or more dull as compared to his arms
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:24 PM   #525
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronica View Post
Just got my scorpion statue today, kinda better than what i expected given the mixed reviews

is the paint on his face different from his body, mine look a bit "wash out" or more dull as compared to his arms
How good are the magnets on yours? The first few reviews that I came across said those were all solid. But then the last 2 or 3 video reviews I watched all said they were so weak that they were nervous about broken hands being an eventuality.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:29 AM   #526
aaronica
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by How2TrainKaiju View Post
How good are the magnets on yours? The first few reviews that I came across said those were all solid. But then the last 2 or 3 video reviews I watched all said they were so weak that they were nervous about broken hands being an eventuality.

it is alrite, not super strong but it will stay in place.
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:44 AM   #527
Biggunz
Loki

I guess this turned out to be a stinker ?
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:59 PM   #528
apellica
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
To me, it's not a stinker. I think it looks good and even better with the light-up features. However, it will not completely blow you away either.

I personally think the pose is what makes this piece standout. I'm happy with it....
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:28 PM   #529
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
To me, it's not a stinker. I think it looks good and even better with the light-up features. However, it will not completely blow you away either.

I personally think the pose is what makes this piece standout. I'm happy with it....
Watch some reviews like Xtreme Collectibles. Both are just sloppy and little cared for.

From across the room with beer goggles, probably will satisfy.

If you're expecting value for the cash or top quality then you will indeed probably be left with a bad smell.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:24 PM   #530
Biggunz
Loki

Haha . Appreciate the honesty

And I'm a sucker for light up features

I think if pcs hadn't screwed me a few times in the past and as long as the light up worked I could see my self being somewhat happy with it
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote