Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 06-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #251
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Would love to see him pick up right where he left off and make that Simon Williams and Spiral statue.
Nightcrawler as well.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:51 PM   #252
qz33
Rescue

The General posts a lot he'd like Bowen to do 1/4.

I think it speaks to the fact that despite how many companies produce great 1/4 Marvel statues, none of them really have the authenticity, accuracy, and source material legitimacy of Bowen's stuff.
1/6 and smaller can be magically illusionary scales. Your mind fills in gaps of what isn't there while larger scales have to be more explicitly accurate.

Still think it's been a long enough since Bowen's been in the game that unless he has a secret ace in the hole the market and industry will be far different than he remembers or wants to deal with.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:55 PM   #253
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I remember reading that Randy wanted to keep his statues affordable. I think the only way he would do 1/4 scale is if they were not the price that a lot of 1/4 scale statues are.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:08 PM   #254
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

No love for 1/5?

I could see him sculpting in 1/4, but if he comes back with his own company I'd expect him to stick with BD scale. I'd be surprised if he didn't.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:02 AM   #255
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Nightcrawler as well.
I'm still upset that the K bros Nightcrawler didn't get released. It looked phenomenal in the WIP shot we've seen. I'm in dire need of a Nightcrawler as well. I also need an awesome looking Reed and Sue to finish off my FF lineup.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:28 AM   #256
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

K. Bros made a second Nightcrawler?
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:29 AM   #257
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Would love to see him pick up right where he left off and make that Simon Williams and Spiral statue.
If he starts up again I think he will put out the A listers from the films to capitalize on the success of the MCU during his absence, there are a lot of new Marvel fans out there now. Probably a new FS Thanos, Iron Man, Black Panther, Dr Strange, Cap, Thor, Spidey, etc.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:53 AM   #258
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I could see him definitely doing the cash cows of the Marvel Universe first (Wolverine would probably be there) but Bowen does have a love for the B, C and D list characters and I could definitely some in sooner than later.

I think it would be great if he would be able to start up a new version of "Rocky's Vault" (though it would probably have a different name). When it closed up it was done very quickly and with almost no notice. I know that some NIB Bowen statues were still being sold on Ebay by a friend of Randy's but wonder if he still has some inventory left to liquidate.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:14 AM   #259
protector2814
Phoenix

How many Caps, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spiderman statues do we need? Since he was "knee-deep" with the Marvel Monsters (Dracula & the Frankenstein Monster, Man-Thing, Simon Garth), I certainly hope that he follows through with more. I know he was talking about a Werewolf By Night statue. I'd also love to see a FS Morbius, Living Mummy, Son of Satan & Satana, Man-Wolf, Lilith, & Brother Voodoo.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #260
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I could see him definitely doing the cash cows of the Marvel Universe first (Wolverine would probably be there) but Bowen does have a love for the B, C and D list characters and I could definitely some in sooner than later.

I think it would be great if he would be able to start up a new version of "Rocky's Vault" (though it would probably have a different name). When it closed up it was done very quickly and with almost no notice. I know that some NIB Bowen statues were still being sold on Ebay by a friend of Randy's but wonder if he still has some inventory left to liquidate.
He would for sure do the cash cows first as that is the only way to have a viable business. The success of the blue chip characters is what makes the more obscure possible on occassion. I have to think that there isn’t much left in the way of vault items. My guess would be that those surplus statues were sold prior to the divorce, liquidated as part of the divorce, and maybe a few sold via different methods due to the divorce. I don’t see a glut of these remaining. Maybe Randy has a few personal copies but doubt there is enough volume to warrant a vault type sale.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote