Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-22-2006, 04:32 AM   #1
sdbuzzcut
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Beware yesanimationl.com!

I was thinking about ordering a statue from yesanimation.com but their website doesn't work like all other online purchasing websites. Usually, you get to see the total purchase price including tax and shipping before making the final confirmation.

yesanimation.com's website showed me the price of the statue in the cart and I clicked on the confirm button thinking they would then show me the total with tax and shipping before final confirmation but when I clicked the confirm button on the screen with just the price of the statue, the next screen did show the total with tax and shipping but the order was already CONFIRMED and it was too late to change my mind.

I didn't realize yesanimation.com was in the same state but I always depend on the total screen to show tax (if any) and shipping and then allow me to make the purchase or not. Shipping was high and I figured I could find the statue out-of-state.

I immediately sent an email to cancel the order. This took place on a Sunday. They sent an order confirmation email on Monday, which I replied to indicating I had cancelled the order.

They shipped the statue on Tuesday so I refused it on Thursday and now they want to charge me 25% restocking fee and also the shipping costs (both ways).

1) Their ordering system is screwed up and doesn't work like every other online ordering website.
2) I cancelled the order two minutes after I made it and then again the next day. They shipped the order anyway.

I'm wondering if maybe their business plan is to make money by charging people restocking fees...
sdbuzzcut is offline   Reply With Quote