Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-20-2006, 06:27 PM   #11
BOWEN NUT
Hydra

That Batman looks nice. I've been wanting a good Batman statue for quite some time. (I have the Dark Knight Returns Batman and Robin with a sling shot, but I was wanting something else.)

I do have that Flash statue that he's auctioning off as well. I like the sculpt (except for the oversized brow) but I'm not a fan of the paint job I got. Mine does not look like the picture shown. The red on Flash's costume is more of a tomato red it just doesn't look right. Do any of you know of someone who would be interested in a project?

I'd like to get the oversized brow sanded down a bit and the statue re-painted.
BOWEN NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:27 PM   #12
Confessor
The Avengers

I own the sculptix Batman statue. It is very nice....one of my faves. It captures him beautifully. I notice that the statue number #/20 is not given. It's claimed by them that only 20 of each character is made (or implied heavily, at least), but I question this. I'd love to get an online registry started for all sculptix statues and see how many Scultpix 4/20 (mine) are out there....prob 25 or so.

That sculptix Black Bolt is very nice. I like it better than the preview that BD had of him doing the "YMCA" song. But I'll wait to see the tweaks on that before making final judgement.

I have 4 sculptix statues, BTW: Batman, Apocalypse, Juggernaut and Magneto (the Mags is my favorite and the best Magneto statue done anywhere to date, including BD).

IMO, sculptix is a better line than ARH, but I say this b/c of ARH's habit at one time of basically duplicating characters on the same body mold.

The ARH STANDING Flash statue is very nice, but it is on a (standing) body style that is basic mold, where minor changes are done to create many other characters (I've seen Dr. Manhattan done from the same mold for example, and many, many, many others). I think that waters down the value of the line as a whole and each piece individually.

But of all the ARH statues, I wouldn't mind having the STANDING Flash one (done in red/GOLD...a red/yellow one is also out there). THe one he has is the "running" one and not as nice, IMO.
Confessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:05 PM   #13
Jameshowlett
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessor
I own the sculptix Batman statue. It is very nice....one of my faves. It captures him beautifully. I notice that the statue number #/20 is not given. It's claimed by them that only 20 of each character is made (or implied heavily, at least), but I question this. I'd love to get an online registry started for all sculptix statues and see how many Scultpix 4/20 (mine) are out there....prob 25 or so.

That sculptix Black Bolt is very nice. I like it better than the preview that BD had of him doing the "YMCA" song. But I'll wait to see the tweaks on that before making final judgement.

I have 4 sculptix statues, BTW: Batman, Apocalypse, Juggernaut and Magneto (the Mags is my favorite and the best Magneto statue done anywhere to date, including BD).

IMO, sculptix is a better line than ARH, but I say this b/c of ARH's habit at one time of basically duplicating characters on the same body mold.

The ARH STANDING Flash statue is very nice, but it is on a (standing) body style that is basic mold, where minor changes are done to create many other characters (I've seen Dr. Manhattan done from the same mold for example, and many, many, many others). I think that waters down the value of the line as a whole and each piece individually.

But of all the ARH statues, I wouldn't mind having the STANDING Flash one (done in red/GOLD...a red/yellow one is also out there). THe one he has is the "running" one and not as nice, IMO.
Can you post pics of Magneto and your other sculptix?
I know,that black bolt statue is awesome,I like it better than the preview too, but it was only a preiview, I know Bowen will make that rock.I too have noticed that the body types have been used on a # of other statues amnd agree with what you ssaid.
Man I wish I had that batman!
Jameshowlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:09 PM   #14
Jameshowlett
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

B/S/T rule #2: We request that NO threads or posts be created for the express purpose of advertising of ANY online auctions, be it personal, business, or 3rd party. Any and all such threads or posts will be deleted without notice and repeated offenses will result in banning.
Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow : Today at 03:56 PM.

I'm sorry about that. I had no idea that was a rule. I looked on the forum today and saw more than a few auctions posted in other threads so I assumed it was okay.
Anyway, Sorry Danny wont happen again.
Jameshowlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:10 PM   #15
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

I like bowen's magento better
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:35 PM   #16
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessor
It's hard to see in the pics (poor quality), but here's where I think the Sculptix wins out:

(1) paint job. The darker red (like a metalic crimson in person) and deep royal purple (not bluish like the pics look) are dead on Mags, rather than the overly pastel purple of BD's.
I hate the color bowen used for mags also,
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:53 PM   #17
kirthew
Zot

I was looking at the Batman online again... and the upper thigh is way massive... compared to the calf... look at the Left leg... looks like the thigh in the pic is blown out of poportion to the rest of the leg...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:52 AM   #18
enzo
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

it's a small company out of brazil, really nice high quality stuff not worth 300.00 though
enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #19
Helder M.
Sculptor
Sculptor

YMCA song , ho man that was good
All respect to BD but that pose is rediculus not mention funny though

http://heldermblog.blogspot.com/

Helder M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:33 PM   #20
daredevil2710
Blue Falcon

i got this one from sculptix:

daredevil2710 is offline   Reply With Quote