Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-19-2021, 05:29 PM   #61
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Everyone: looks awesome, must buy!
*Weta announces price
Everyone: are you crazy! I am not buying this!
lol and here we go...$1500 i am out!
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:45 PM   #62
Asgard
Deadman

Phenomenal
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:22 PM   #63
TheStig88
The X-Men

$1500 for a 1/4, good God man. Stop the ride, I want off.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:06 PM   #64
jonylin
Justice League

I was expecting this price considering that there's two 1/4 scale raptors on the base. It's like $500 per 1/4 scale character, which isn't that bad all things considered. I'm not getting it since I'm not a big enough Lara fan but I think Weta did an amazing job with this.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:19 PM   #65
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Their previous 1/4 Lara was more like 1/6 though. Their explanation was that she is 5’3” according to Square, so the small size is accurate. Sizing this up I’m photoshop (although a bit rough for estimating) makes it seem like this one will be the same.

I agree she looks really good, it’s not a bad statue, it just seems like they could have balanced it better for a more affordable piece.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:35 PM   #66
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

When exactly is this releasing? Weta estimates October 2021 and BBTS estimates April 2022. My guess is the latter might be a typo?
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:03 PM   #67
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Their previous 1/4 Lara was more like 1/6 though. Their explanation was that she is 5’3” according to Square, so the small size is accurate. Sizing this up I’m photoshop (although a bit rough for estimating) makes it seem like this one will be the same.

I agree she looks really good, it’s not a bad statue, it just seems like they could have balanced it better for a more affordable piece.
There's a picture on the Weta product page that has the two Lara statues side by side and this new one definitely seems to be a larger scale. I think Weta wanted a no-compromise centerpiece-worthy statue for the anniversary so they went all out without considering the cost. It prices many collectors out but I also respect their ambition in pushing the boundaries here. As long as the price is fair, which I think it is, I have no issue with it.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:13 PM   #68
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Going by the composition, the raptors look more like the centerpieces, with Lara sort of there in the way. As for the fairness of the price, for perspective, I recall when the TMNT Comiquettes which were equivalent to 1/4 scale in terms of mass, were only $199. I know we're not returning to those days, but I'm also not willing to adjust to these prices which have far outpaced inflation for a good while already. I'm more than good with Gaming Heads.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:18 PM   #69
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I know we're not returning to those days, but I'm also not willing to adjust to these prices which have far outpaced inflation for a good while already.
I think this sums up my feelings. It’s just another example in recent weeks (Queen’s Wonder Woman being the other) of just how much these prices have risen. I feel that Lara’s price is a bit more warranted than WW, but it’s still scary and disappointing that my hobby it entering mortgage payment territories.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:29 PM   #70
chronos1919
Nightwing

I've been a Tomb Raider fan for a long time and have played all of the games... this just doesn't reflect the character to me. When I think Tomb Raider I don't picture Lara facing down raptors (though I know it happened), never-mind leaping through the air while firing a handgun down ones throat. Feels like a miss to me and the price makes it even easier to pass on.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote