Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-27-2021, 09:13 AM   #541
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
Thats pretty much what happened there, Clay was also buying millions in movie props on payment plans using CC money along with money he was stealing from insurance companies by double or triple billing. Towards the end CC was just putting up pre orders just to try and pay for older pre orders to get finished and shipped.
So we go from "seems like" to "pretty much"...Yep, that is some grade A "first hand" info right there...

Considering I was the one who wrote about the prop debacle a long time ago, and the insurance issues were before Chronicle was even in business, I am not sure how we are supposed to take your "insider info" that isn't really info at all. If you have something new to add we are still waiting...
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 12:58 AM   #542
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
So we go from "seems like" to "pretty much"...Yep, that is some grade A "first hand" info right there...

Considering I was the one who wrote about the prop debacle a long time ago, and the insurance issues were before Chronicle was even in business, I am not sure how we are supposed to take your "insider info" that isn't really info at all. If you have something new to add we are still waiting...

Dude I dont understand your hard on and seemingly white knighting Clay.. I got my info from someone who would have first hand knowledge, Im also heavily involved in the prop trading and collecting community, Clay is well known there as well and not for the best of practices. Im purposeful being semi vague believe what you like I guess but in the end we all got hosed.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 03:59 AM   #543
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
Dude I dont understand your hard on and seemingly white knighting Clay.. I got my info from someone who would have first hand knowledge, Im also heavily involved in the prop trading and collecting community, Clay is well known there as well and not for the best of practices. Im purposeful being semi vague believe what you like I guess but in the end we all got hosed.
If you bothered to actually read the thread I already posted that he was the reason they went under and some of the reasons why. You said you had new info and I have yet to see any...Why mention you have info if you won't share it???
Old 11-01-2023, 06:38 PM   #544
rubberneck
Frackin!

Rebranded?

https://www.chroniclecollectibles.com/about-us/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	165629  
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 11:21 PM   #545
Blue Sphinx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
Wow! That's... unexpected. They glossed over quite a bit in that blurb there.
Blue Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 12:36 AM   #546
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 07:52 AM   #547
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
Looks to me like someone purchased the "brand" name to act like they have been in business for 10 years when they obviously haven't.
Old 11-03-2023, 12:43 PM   #548
Python
Omega Red

Be interesting to see if anything comes from it...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 07:49 PM   #549
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Lol this is a joke. I would be surprised if they have any original minds behind this. I love their comment on movie collectibles and now expanding to antique jewelry…clearly this is garbage and they have no intention of building back anything. This was a name purchase and that’s all.

The first thing i see when i clicked on antique rings is a mood ring. Give me a break.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 12:14 AM   #550
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This is hilarious, I am by no means a coin expert but do dabble in modern era gold / silver coin collecting, and all the crap they are selling is pure trash.

Someone should let the poor guy know the brand he purchased went bankrupt and ended with customer money stolen. I guess this is the last scam of CC to sell its brand to some clueless guy.

Well played original CC…well played…
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote