Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-12-2021, 12:23 PM   #611
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohngPR View Post
He looks great. I was initially going for just a Bat Family display and I picked up the Super Powers Tweeterhead and Harley maquettes, but now I'm trying to justify having this Superman in there.

Superman is kind of like extended Bat Family right?
I'm very Gotham focused and picked up the Hal Jordan Green Lantern and Superman 2.0 because I love the sculpts. They might end up in a different area or get sold when I run out of room, but I have zero regrets until then. And if I get a classic Star Sapphire, Hal's not going anywhere
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:48 PM   #612
JohngPR
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
a friend of my mother's who was an antique dealer said "You never forget the purchase you did not make". It sounds like you are trying to justify the purchase instead of just saying "Hey, I want that".

If you really like it then I say go for it.
I think I will! My comment was more tongue in cheek than anything. My real hope is that my waitlist status for the Exclusive version converts over on sideshow’s website.

Just trying to play the balance of waiting until I know I won’t be able to get the exclusive before missing out on getting the other regular version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I'm very Gotham focused and picked up the Hal Jordan Green Lantern and Superman 2.0 because I love the sculpts. They might end up in a different area or get sold when I run out of room, but I have zero regrets until then. And if I get a classic Star Sapphire, Hal's not going anywhere
I really like that Hal Jordan as well! I’m thinking of getting XM’s 1/6 scale Super Sons statue to complement the Superman and maybe Krypto in the future so I’m holding out to see if that plan works out before I think about getting Hal.
JohngPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:54 PM   #613
Cygor
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Perhaps a bit of a rhetorical question but.... will see any Supermen, Supermans? Last sons of Krypton? anyway... in October or even this year?

iirc we have not even gotten a production update ever.....

I know shipping is a cluster you know what, but from what i see in other threads if you orderd from sideshow (Poison Ivy) some people have them in hand so maybe just maybe (Wishful thinking) we might see the last son of krypton under the tree?
Cygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 12:41 PM   #614
Igo
Producer
Producer

We had a production issue (unrelated to ALL the other global stuff going on) and we should be internally reviewing a final production sample this week. Production on this one should go fast, but again, we're still stuck with all the other shipping container concerns so we're not totally sure when we will have him here to ship to customers. But we're pushing forward, hoping for the best sooner rather than later!
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:06 PM   #615
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
We had a production issue
If they made them all in 1/4 scale by mistake, I'm okay with that.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:27 PM   #616
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

This is a handsome looking statue of the Superman but a little small in scale IMO. I really hope TH will make a classic style one (think Alex Ross) in a 1/4 scale with cloth cape as an option. A simple but quietly dignified "Museum Pose" will suffice. None of those overly dramatic Wolverine-ish poses, please. That would be a seriously tempting proposition to me.

Something like this:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/w6gN25

Last edited by Hobbyist; 12-05-2021 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Adding a Link
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:20 AM   #617
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

After seeing what TH can do in 1/5 with the MOTU line, I would love to see DC pieces in that scale. An Alex Ross specific line from the Justice comic story would be amazing in 1/5.
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #618
nearmint
Phoenix

Sideshow just changed the release window from OCT-DEC to JAN-MAR 2022.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:47 PM   #619
AC_808
Hercules

Just as well ... Trying to keep the amount of pieces being delivered in December to a minimum anyway.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:05 PM   #620
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Sideshow just changed the release window from OCT-DEC to JAN-MAR 2022.
Did you notice the ES on the Reg?

MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote