Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-15-2021, 05:02 PM   #471
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Teela is my only MOTU statue. She is so well done. I have to have her. Hope production is as good as prototype. Will add Sorceress and other ladies if they come out.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 05:00 AM   #472
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Hmmm, I would hate to dissuade someone away from MOTU, but it is sounding more and more like the Teela isn't a good fit for you and your collection.

The PCS Sorceress is 1/4 (if I remember correctly... I'm not fond of the Filmation look, so I didn't commit much about these to memory)... so if scale and similar style matters to you, again maybe not the best fit for your collection. 1/4 cartoony and a 1/5 realistic (although the Teela could kinda work as it does have strong enough Filmation influence).

Doubt and even the consideration of selling is usually a huge sign of where you really want to go. Whatever you decide isn't permanent. Maybe keep both MOTU pieces and see how you feel with them in your presence. Or give them both up and if down the line you feel like you've made a mistake, pick them back up again... these things almost always come around.
I think this is what i may do? keep the presale and wait until it?s in hand to decide what I want to do?. I preordered the ex so hopefully can be sold easily if I do sell?.

In terms of scale? your comments are correct?. The sorceress statue is 1:4 however I think it?s in between 1:4- 1:5, as when I have it next to other 1:4, it seems to be smaller in size?. Hence I was thinking it may go well with this Teela
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 05:34 PM   #473
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
I think this is what i may do? keep the presale and wait until it?s in hand to decide what I want to do?. I preordered the ex so hopefully can be sold easily if I do sell?.

In terms of scale? your comments are correct?. The sorceress statue is 1:4 however I think it?s in between 1:4- 1:5, as when I have it next to other 1:4, it seems to be smaller in size?. Hence I was thinking it may go well with this Teela
Yeah, many time scales seem to differ between companies... PCS and XM seem notorious for this discrepancy even between their own pieces.

Since Teela should be arriving in a few months (hopefully), look at them in hand and decide from there. This is the best way to know for sure how they scale, how they look together, how they look in your collection, and how you fully feel about them.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 01:07 PM   #474
Igo
Producer
Producer

We've been really rigorous with making sure our sizing within lines is as on point as possible. This Teela was sized / scaled to be as close to working with the Sideshow He-Man and She-Ra as possible. So if you have the Sideshow She-Ra, she's pretty close to that. Some slight differences, but pretty dang close.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 03:19 PM   #475
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
We've been really rigorous with making sure our sizing within lines is as on point as possible. This Teela was sized / scaled to be as close to working with the Sideshow He-Man and She-Ra as possible. So if you have the Sideshow She-Ra, she's pretty close to that. Some slight differences, but pretty dang close.
I'm not sure what Teela and She Ra canonical heights are...who should be taller?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 03:56 PM   #476
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm not sure what Teela and She Ra canonical heights are...who should be taller?
Hard to say, seeing as how canon for this license is very flexible. From the 80?s Filmation canon, then She-Ra and Teela I believe are the same as all females were the same more or less due to the same animation cells being used and reused. She-Ra may be a tad taller because of her helm/tiara.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:21 PM   #477
nearmint
Phoenix

Sideshow just changed the shipping window from OCT-DEC to MAY-JUL 2022.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:21 PM   #478
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wow. That’s quite a delay. Will give IS some ability to move in on that market. iS is smaller/cheaper obviously. Good thing tweeterhead appears to have nailed this one perfectly.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:49 PM   #479
AC_808
Hercules

I'm torn ...kinda wanted to see how Teela turns out sooner rather than later. Oh well ...I guess I'll just wait.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:03 AM   #480
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Sideshow just changed the shipping window from OCT-DEC to MAY-JUL 2022.
Expected, could see it slipping to late 2022.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote