Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-14-2021, 01:41 PM   #1761
Mister H
Gen 13

I have a question to ask and I think this is as good a place to post it as any: Why are Manga sales out selling American comic sales? I know that Marvel and DC are mostly garbage now and that has a lot to do with it, but there are other companies too. Are we seeing Marvel putting out so many new omnibus and re-print omnibus books because of this?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:59 PM   #1762
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

You answered yourself, buddy. Marvel and DC are mostly garbage.

I believe that's because writters don't want to give their original ideas to company owned Super Hero Characters so they rehash past or steal some ideas from elsewhere (and that can be mangas and films) and use them on those characters.

Where manga creators, mangakas create their own unique manga and characters from ground zero, so they give their everything to them, all of their unique ideas to be succesful. That's why manga supreses Super Hero heavy American Comics. Manga = Consistant art and writting as well. No, character assassination because there is no other creative team involved. Same mangaka continues to writte and draw until the end and there is a freaking end.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:43 AM   #1763
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I just got New Warriors Omnibus. I dont know why I'm waiting money. I have the comics and the trades already. This is my 3rd copy of the same stuff. Anyone else have this sickness?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:45 AM   #1764
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four Omnibus Vol. 1 is also being reprinted at the end of this year. Hallelujah. That is a day one purchase for sure. I've seen it sell for hundreds of dollars for several years now wondering if I'll ever get it.

And Captain Britain will get a bigger omnibus than the previous edition. I'll stick with the smaller first release I already own. The additional material looks to be all the stories of Cap in his first costume which don't appeal to me.
Anything and everything Hickman writes, I hate it. I dont even understand it. His Avengers was terrible, his X-Men stinks. I cant even remember the Fantastic 4 run.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:27 AM   #1765
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I just got New Warriors Omnibus. I dont know why I'm waiting money. I have the comics and the trades already. This is my 3rd copy of the same stuff. Anyone else have this sickness?
I used to but I started to do something where if I got a collection in hardback(for some reason I just do not like trade paperbacks) then I get rid of the actual original issues. It has actually helped to keep the collection Dowd and to make a little more room because usually a collected edition or even an Omnibus doesn’t nearly take up as much room as all of the issues it is collecting.

As for Hickman I never read his fantastic four and I did like his Avengers at first but then it just went on and on and on and I actually hope that won’t be the case for X-Men. I actually think that his X-Men so far is better than his Avenger because there seems to be more character development in his X-Men. I thought with his Avengers run you could’ve put any 20 marvel superheroes in his entire run of the Avengers and it would’ve been the same story
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:41 AM   #1766
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Not yet. So far I've avoided buying Omnis that contain lots of issues I've already read but the temptation is still there. Inferno Prologue, Inferno Omnibus, and Amazing Spider-man by Micheline and McFarlane are all books I'm holding off on because I still have many of the single issues that make up those Omnis.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:08 AM   #1767
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
I just got New Warriors Omnibus. I dont know why I'm waiting money. I have the comics and the trades already. This is my 3rd copy of the same stuff.
With more than a few omnis. Both Punishers, Byrne's FF, WWbN, Shang-Chi Master of Kung-Fu, Brubaker's Cap. America, Annihilation, Marvel Knights, Moon Knight, Siminson's Thor & Millar's Wolverine. I have the comics of all of these yet still bought the omnis.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:47 AM   #1768
Mister H
Gen 13

I buy the omnis so I can get rid of the comics. Well, for most characters anyway. Some I keep both.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:47 AM   #1769
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Anything and everything Hickman writes, I hate it. I dont even understand it. His Avengers was terrible, his X-Men stinks. I cant even remember the Fantastic 4 run.
I don't think it stinks, it's just a more analytical slow build. I can understand how it's not to everybody's liking though because he can take a long time to get to his final destination and sometimes leaves things open like he forgot he started them.

I find the X-Men more enjoyable than they have been in years. It seems logical to me that the characters would behave how they are and that mutants have gotten to this point. I also think the interior art of a lot of the series have gotten so much better. For a while it seems liked X-titles were getting some of the weaker art pool (no offense to those artists, I just wasn't loving the interiors).
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:37 AM   #1770
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well, I'm gonna taking the plunge. I'm going to get AoA and X-Men Inferno Prologue because I just love those storylines and I'm not even sure I read all those issues. That Outback team was just a whole lotta fun and had great designs.

I WISH I could get a whole run of statues of the ladies.

Also, people rave about Batman Court of Owls. I might grab that HC set too.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote