Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
SONICobra
Batman

oh man briggin back all kinds of memories! not to brag but I was pretty bad ass at this game. I could play most characters pretty well but cinder was my go to guy. I could score some wicked combos and I was like 8 lol
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #12
rubeng
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'd be down for KI designs but none of the new designs, really don't like Glacius now at all.
I like the old characters also, but its hard to find good pics.
rubeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #13
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
oh man briggin back all kinds of memories! not to brag but I was pretty bad ass at this game. I could play most characters pretty well but cinder was my go to guy. I could score some wicked combos and I was like 8 lol
You made me laugh.

I was in high school when this came out, always hanging out at the pool hall instead of in class.

Playing: SSF2T, MK3 and UMK3, KI1 and KI2.... Not to mention Sega Rally and Hydro Thunder!

I'll never forget, one day we were playing MK3, this guy walks in, pulls the machine out, messes with it for a while.......

Bam! He'd just installed UMK3! We were all HYPE!

Good times.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #14
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just my 2 cents, but I hope not. Shoto clone, Balrog clone, fire and ice guy.....egh. The music is nostalgic from part 1, but everything else is very forgettable, especially the cast. Definitely not feeling this, I could think of so many other great fighting games with more original characters that I think PCS could sink their teeth into, this would be way down at the bottom of my list.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #15
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Jago looks so badass. Not into KI though.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #16
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ki will flop and will be a bad license to even bother getting. While the chars are cool looking, the game just wont survive. Seeing it at evo its the same move in a row while mashing buttons. No footsies or set ups, just mashing.

The response at evo was so poor for the game, that just tells you it wont sell like Street Fighter, Tekken or MK merchandise does.

Beter off getting a Soul Calibur License then KI.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #17
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

John is correct. It's the next skull girls...but without the hype.... Heh heh. I don'tsee this lasting over a month....even though ppl that play it will claim it's active and how deep of a fighter it is.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #18
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Ki will flop and will be a bad license to even bother getting. While the chars are cool looking, the game just wont survive. Seeing it at evo its the same move in a row while mashing buttons. No footsies or set ups, just mashing.

The response at evo was so poor for the game, that just tells you it wont sell like Street Fighter, Tekken or MK merchandise does.

Beter off getting a Soul Calibur License then KI.
Really??? Because the link I just put up shows everything you just mentioned.

BTW, did you know that every incarnation of KI they show has tons of new things. They had an hour long Q&A at EVO (I watched the whole thing), and even admitted that each incarnation they show is VASTLY different than the last.

I don't know...but millions of combos says there is more depth to this game than just about any other classic 2D / 3D fighting game. Just from watching the video, I saw something new each match. Also, every button can be a linker now.

But hey, every time something new comes out, people are always quick to poo poo it.

I may be wrong, but I am willing to bet this becomes the best fighter on the market for quite some time. Just my hunch.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #19
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I enjoyed playing the E3 build they had at SDCC. It was fun. I have no idea about the longevity. It seems like it's still very early days and they are really being very transparent with the building process.

But I keep forgetting it's an XBone exclusive which sucks and is the main reason people were booing at Evo.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #20
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Skullgirls is almost tailored made for action figures over statues. I'd kill for a set of them even as small non posable PVC minis.

damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote