Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-28-2021, 01:12 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Captain America

Ok, i read my first Captain America comics. Lets talk Capitan Gringo then Cowboys ! HA HA

I read a trade called ICE, it was drawn by Jae Lee, that's why i bought it back in the day probably. Yeah, i bought it so long ago with many other trades and forgot about it till now.

Jae Lee's art was fantastic. Captain America was fighting against this artifact glove of some advenced technology. When it found a host, it continued its evil plans from where they left or something. I'm not sure, this was an old Cap series' 3rd volume so i started with 2 vol. of unread story.

Cap was teaming up with this Atlantian girl and she was questioning Captain America's old fashioned values. Trying to adjust Cap. to 21st century's values of men and women relations of sex. And Cap was all like no, just no. Back in my day there was no sex on the beach, alright. xD HAHAH

Kind of ridiculous. This glove gave people halusination, prisioned them inside their head and stuff. So for some time it wasn't sure if the world cap was in was real or not, but cap finally got a grip, got away. Atlatian girl died on the way.

Cap was almost cheating on his real girl friend with the Atlantian girl... xD

OK ok, forget about the crapy story. Marvel must have lost it or something to produce stuff like this... It was crazy.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:20 PM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

Not a lot of great Cap stories out there. Not current ones anyway. If it was a "crappy story" then that's par for the course for Marvel these days.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:37 PM   #3
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

You can write about your favorite cap moment as well, if you want to Mister H. 'cause i just realised this can be turned in to an appreciation thread since its name is Captain America. I would like to write my favorite Cap moment but i haven't read any other Captain America comics yet.

----edit----

OH ! wait a munite, i read Captain America in Ultimate Marvel Comics, Ultimates 1 and 2. I liked how Captain America punched Hank Pym for beating Wasp. That was a fine moment.
Old 09-28-2021, 03:17 PM   #4
Mister H
Green Goblin

I'm not sure that I even have a definitive Cap moment. Like Batman and the Punisher, I like the idea of Captain America. Maybe when he beheaded Baron Blood. He had a problem with killing even if it was killing a monster. Brubaker's Cap will always be great. Millar's Ultimate Cap was cool as hell, sort of a mixture of Steve Rogers and Frank Castle.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:45 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Ultimate Captain America is a mixture with Frank Castle, huh... It has been so long since i read Ultimate Marvel and I couldn't really tell at the time 'cause i read so few Marvel back then and Captain America and Punisher was not among them. It was all Wolverine, Wolverine is my favorite Marvel character but i'm not that much in to X-Men in an interesting way, just Wolverine for me.

There isn't much good Cap stories, huh, Mister H... That's too bad.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:46 AM   #6
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Ultimate Captain America is a mixture with Frank Castle, huh... It has been so long since i read Ultimate Marvel and I couldn't really tell at the time 'cause i read so few Marvel back then and Captain America and Punisher was not among them. It was all Wolverine, Wolverine is my favorite Marvel character but i'm not that much in to X-Men in an interesting way, just Wolverine for me.

There isn't much good Cap stories, huh, Mister H... That's too bad.
Not in my opinion, no. I don't think there are a lot of great Batman stories either. Now just because a story isn't great doesn't mean I won't read it. It does have to be at a certain level though which today's comics are not even close to. As far as Ultimate Cap goes, the Frank Castle comparison is that neither one is afraid to kill at a moments notice. Maybe a better comparison would be John Walker or Clint McIntyre.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:40 AM   #7
Augen
The Hulk

Maybe it was the time in my life, but Garney drawing Cap in...I want to say late 90s always managed to capture an iconic, sort of Art Deco, feel to the character with the posing. For me Cap is a man and an ideal with the struggle between the two.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 12:53 PM   #8
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Not in my opinion, no. I don't think there are a lot of great Batman stories either. Now just because a story isn't great doesn't mean I won't read it. It does have to be at a certain level though which today's comics are not even close to. As far as Ultimate Cap goes, the Frank Castle comparison is that neither one is afraid to kill at a moments notice. Maybe a better comparison would be John Walker or Clint McIntyre.
If you ask me Batman has these great stories:

-The Dark Knight Returns
-Batman: Year One
-Gotham Central
-Batman Year 100
-Batman: Long Halloween
-Batman: Arkham Asylum
-Batman: Black Mirror
-Batman: Court of Owls
-Batman: Death and Maidens
-Batman: Ego
-Batman vs Predator 1
-Batman: No Man's Land
-Batman: Heart of Hush
-Batman: Killing Joke

Not many but still really imperesive stuff. I haven't read many Cap stories though, only 1 so i have your word as there aren't alot of great Cap stories.
Old 09-29-2021, 01:18 PM   #9
Mister H
Green Goblin

I like that you have Death and the Maidens and B vs. Predator 1 in that lineup. Both underrated IMO.
Old 09-29-2021, 01:19 PM   #10
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Maybe it was the time in my life, but Garney drawing Cap in...I want to say late 90s always managed to capture an iconic, sort of Art Deco, feel to the character with the posing. For me Cap is a man and an ideal with the struggle between the two.
I think Garney was just about perfect for Cap.