Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #111
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Of course he's legally released. Else he'd be in a whole different situation. I think everyone gets that.

Jerry sold PCS for a reason and as clearly evidenced it wasn't because he "just wants to do art" or didn't want to be in business.
He didn't want to be in the PCS business, and not just because of "massive creative differences".
They've been making the same type stuff with the same plans ever since Jerry left. Only a buffoon would believe a couple individuals would buy a statue company and want no say in the product produced.

Finding a couple ignorant suckers to sell a bad deal doesn't erase the responsibility or causality for the situation in the first place even if the legal liability is sold with it.
No one is giving the current owners a pass, nor are we going to give Gerald "Jerry" Macaluso one either.
In the discussion of what went wrong he doesn't just get to say "I sold it over a year ago" and see himself out of the conversation.

Selling your grandma a car while knowing the engine's about to give out, while legal, makes me no less a piece of sh!t now does it?
All of your comments are based on an original incorrect assumption.

I find your posts interesting from a psychological/sociological standpoint.

And for the record the new owners pursued me diligently for some time before i even agreed to meet with them. The company was not for sale.

Nothing about the above statement is derogatory towards the new owners. I have nothing bad to say about them. In fact we got along very well during the transition.

Im simply giving some facts as you seem to live in some weird confirmation bias universe where you have built an entire backstory that appeases your desire for me to be some type of monster.

Thats fine. Ive been in the public eye for most of my life and Im used to there always being a few of you. And thats really all there is, a few of you. Out of the tens of thousands of PCS customers i would be surprised if there were more than a few dozen people who agreed with you about me.

I get emails and PMs every day from collectors who have a very different perspective than you do.

Obviously there are contracts between several parties when it comes to the sale of the company, so I cannot engage you any further than that.

So feel free to live in your confirmation bias world.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #112
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Of course he's legally released. Else he'd be in a whole different situation. I think everyone gets that.

Jerry sold PCS for a reason and as clearly evidenced it wasn't because he "just wants to do art" or didn't want to be in business.
He didn't want to be in the PCS business, and not just because of "massive creative differences".
They've been making the same type stuff with the same plans ever since Jerry left. Only a buffoon would believe a couple individuals would buy a statue company and want no say in the product produced.

Finding a couple ignorant suckers to sell a bad deal doesn't erase the responsibility or causality for the situation in the first place even if the legal liability is sold with it.
No one is giving the current owners a pass, nor are we going to give Gerald "Jerry" Macaluso one either.
In the discussion of what went wrong he doesn't just get to say "I sold it over a year ago" and see himself out of the conversation.

Selling your grandma a car while knowing the engine's about to give out, while legal, makes me no less a piece of sh!t now does it?
My honest opinion, Jerry has been in the business long enough to recognize a sinking ship in the collectible space long before it hit. Not because he lost confidence in his company, he lost confidence in the market and abandoned ship before crap hit the wall. Same thing anyone of us would have done in the same position. This hobby has been dying for years, you can't fault a guy for protecting his own interests. As a collector, did you not sell your pieces when they were at their hight of value? Or did you wait for the maket to crash? I would have sold just the same, dont care what you called me. Point is, most dont understand how business works, and that's alright, just so long you dont cast an opinion as fact in a world you know nothing about.

Chris
Old 08-10-2018, 08:13 PM   #113
vangeta
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
My honest opinion, Jerry has been in the business long enough to recognize a sinking ship in the collectible space long before it hit. Not because he lost confidence in his company, he lost confidence in the market and abandoned ship before crap hit the wall. Same thing anyone of us would have done in the same position. This hobby has been dying for years, you can't fault a guy for protecting his own interests. As a collector, did you not sell your pieces when they were at their hight of value? Or did you wait for the maket to crash? I would have sold just the same, dont care what you called me. Point is, most dont understand how business works, and that's alright, just so long you dont cast an opinion as fact in a world you know nothing about.

Chris
Plenty of businesses in the same sector are thriving despite the market down turn, in fact they're all still pushing out new products.

The only problem we have here is a owner who wanted to blame everyone else except himself. So some pieces didn't come out great; what was his rebuttal? But but but it was the factory's fault! I could only do so much for what I charged for! It is what it is! The owner was too proud and ignorant to realize that he still had control over where his products were to be produced and what he charged for it.

Bad leadership, no business acumen. Here's a freebie: you don't take 2 years to get your products into your customers hand. This is a big window your competitors can steal business from you before the transaction is completed. Frustrated/angry customer + competitor = no money.

And for the new management to allow dumping of stock on eBay? Beyond stupid, absolutely stupid. Way to devalue your business that produces things with no intrinsic value.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #114
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
My honest opinion, Jerry has been in the business long enough to recognize a sinking ship in the collectible space long before it hit. Not because he lost confidence in his company, he lost confidence in the market and abandoned ship before crap hit the wall. Same thing anyone of us would have done in the same position. This hobby has been dying for years, you can't fault a guy for protecting his own interests. I would do the same, dont care what you called me.

Chris
The irony of these 2 posts being made so close cannot be just coincidence.
Of course he knew Atheris! He knew well before anyone else. All this emphasis on the sale the sale , sorry not falling for it. We're talking about everything long long before the sale... See not every statue company is in this shape Atheris and 90% of PCS's existence has been as Jerry Macaluso's POP Culture Shock Toys... not Ant and Martin's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaSight View Post
All of your comments are based on an original incorrect assumption.

I find your posts interesting from a psychological/sociological standpoint.

And for the record the new owners pursued me diligently for some time before i even agreed to meet with them. The company was not for sale.

Nothing about the above statement is derogatory towards the new owners. I have nothing bad to say about them. In fact we got along very well during the transition.

Im simply giving some facts as you seem to live in some weird confirmation bias universe where you have built an entire backstory that appeases your desire for me to be some type of monster.

Thats fine. Ive been in the public eye for most of my life and Im used to there always being a few of you. And thats really all there is, a few of you. Out of the tens of thousands of PCS customers i would be surprised if there were more than a few dozen people who agreed with you about me.

I get emails and PMs every day from collectors who have a very different perspective than you do.

Obviously there are contracts between several parties when it comes to the sale of the company, so I cannot engage you any further than that.

So feel free to live in your confirmation bias world.

Remember this post?
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=542
Quote:
You are not the only one. Lots of collectors have been told what we told you. All of them have taken the refund, which IMO is the smart move.

We do not feel it is right to ship you an item we know is going to break and then we will lose hundreds of dollars refunding it.

It is like selling a car you know doesnt work. You tell the buyer it doesnt work and they take it 'as-is'.

i understand the disappointment in not getting the piece but life isnt always fair. Sometimes things go wrong.

The factory that made the GvA diorama really dropped the ball and we have had a huge percentage of defects and breakages.

The only assumption I have made is based on nothing more than what has occurred and your own statements;
a legal concept that you knew or should have known.

Yet you have taken responsibility for little if anything. You made this. All of it.

You knew from your toy days this couldn't last yet you kept taking money for more stuff faster and faster.
You knew when you masqueraded toys as art that a bunch of overgrown boys might take their money back.
You knew people might change their mind.
You knew when you made this forum your mouthpiece.
You knew when you decided it wasn't worth selling through Sideshow or vendors but direct you'd get more pie.
You knew when you said you could retire if you wanted but you did this only for enjoyment.
You knew the paint on the Sub-Zero busts didn't match the prototype blue even when Sideshow took a picture themselves to sell the Scorpion bust, but you still said it was just "lighting".
You knew when you couldn't get a website.
You knew when you listed unrealistic delivery dates there would be massive delays.
You knew customers just might not keep interest for statues or licenses for years.
You knew when the Ryu revisit came out yellow but everyone ordered white.
You knew when you ramped up edition sizes.
You knew when your statues were selling out in minutes that it was totally secondary market based.
You knew when your statues stopped selling out in minutes.
You knew when you asked for donations for a movie.
You knew when you said Sorceress replacements would be made but never were.
You knew when you hoarded replacements waiting to sell at a higher value while people made do accepting what they had after being told "none are available" (only to be sold by your buyers in desperation years later).
You knew when people canceled Raiden en masse.
You knew Akuma's hairline was different when you said it wasn't then you had to say it was.
You knew when you kept saying the MK ninjas were the same fabric what really mattered was it didn't look the same.
You knew the last time the forum blew up when someone posted what they thought was PCS's suspended business license.
You knew when you said statueforum was too small to matter to PCS.
You knew when you didn't change Conan's paint.
You knew when you were moving to Nevada.
You knew when your own employees/sculptors couldn't take it anymore.
You knew when you didn't make instructions for the factories to replicate.
You knew when you were showing better and better prototypes yet using the cheapest factories.
You knew when asked if you were selling the company yet you said nothing.
You definitely knew when you posted this:
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=21
But then months later posted this:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...96#post5536396
You knew it when the facebook page was made to draw attention off the forum.
You knew when you said you'd tried 3 businesses and didn't want anymore.
You knew when you "forgot" to mention your stated 3 month NRD refund policy to the new owners.
You knew when you threw the excuse that you sold the company a year ago so talk to the new guys.
You knew when you started fighting with customers instead of them constantly praising you and you decided the praise of the majority to be worth the cries of the few.
You knew when say you haven't signed an AP in months, plenty of customers in this very thread ask if you signed their statues, yet you say nothing.
You knew when you changed your name to outtasight and hid behind "contracts".
You knew when your PCS exit just happened to coincide with the downturn of the industry.
You knew when you sold PCS instead of hiring the people to do what you didn't want or simply couldn't do to fix or finish the mess you started.
You knew when you got out before it all caught up with you.

There's way way way more of what Gerald "Jerry" Macaluso "knew" and still did or didn't do exactly as he saw fit than the new guys or anyone else have had time for.
That's all I've indicated. Stand up for it or sit down and everyone else will fill in the gaps.

If I believed you to truly be a big bad monster trust me you and I would have already come face to face.
You simply knew, or you should have known, c'mon nobody can be that stupid. The only "monster" I've maid you to be is of your own making and guilty conscious.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:10 PM   #115
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

The power of Christ compels you. Get Out the heat lamp.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:21 PM   #116
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Lol **** talk about an obsession. After all this conversation, I still don't know what his underlying point is.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:46 PM   #117
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangeta View Post

And for the new management to allow dumping of stock on eBay? Beyond stupid
What account was that under?
Old 08-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #118
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Old 08-10-2018, 10:13 PM   #119
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

All I know is bless Sideshow for letting me cancel everything and get refunds lol
Old 08-10-2018, 10:43 PM   #120
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
The irony of these 2 posts being made so close cannot be just coincidence.
Of course he knew Atheris! He knew well before anyone else. All this emphasis on the sale the sale , sorry not falling for it. We're talking about everything long long before the sale... See not every statue company is in this shape Atheris and 90% of PCS's existence has been as Jerry Macaluso's POP Culture Shock Toys... not Ant and Martin's...

Remember this post?
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=542

The only assumption I have made is based on nothing more than what has occurred and your own statements;
a legal concept that you knew or should have known.

Yet you have taken responsibility for little if anything. You made this. All of it.

You knew from your toy days this couldn't last yet you kept taking money for more stuff faster and faster.
You knew when you masqueraded toys as art that a bunch of overgrown boys might take their money back.
You knew people might change their mind.
You knew when you made this forum your mouthpiece.
You knew when you decided it wasn't worth selling through Sideshow or vendors but direct you'd get more pie.
You knew when you said you could retire if you wanted but you did this only for enjoyment.
You knew the paint on the Sub-Zero busts didn't match the prototype blue even when Sideshow took a picture themselves to sell the Scorpion bust, but you still said it was just "lighting".
You knew when you couldn't get a website.
You knew when you listed unrealistic delivery dates there would be massive delays.
You knew customers just might not keep interest for statues or licenses for years.
You knew when the Ryu revisit came out yellow but everyone ordered white.
You knew when you ramped up edition sizes.
You knew when your statues were selling out in minutes that it was totally secondary market based.
You knew when your statues stopped selling out in minutes.
You knew when you asked for donations for a movie.
You knew when you said Sorceress replacements would be made but never were.
You knew when you hoarded replacements waiting to sell at a higher value while people made do accepting what they had after being told "none are available" (only to be sold by your buyers in desperation years later).
You knew when people canceled Raiden en masse.
You knew Akuma's hairline was different when you said it wasn't then you had to say it was.
You knew when you kept saying the MK ninjas were the same fabric what really mattered was it didn't look the same.
You knew the last time the forum blew up when someone posted what they thought was PCS's suspended business license.
You knew when you said statueforum was too small to matter to PCS.
You knew when you didn't change Conan's paint.
You knew when you were moving to Nevada.
You knew when your own employees/sculptors couldn't take it anymore.
You knew when you didn't make instructions for the factories to replicate.
You knew when you were showing better and better prototypes yet using the cheapest factories.
You knew when asked if you were selling the company yet you said nothing.
You definitely knew when you posted this:
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=21
But then months later posted this:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...96#post5536396
You knew it when the facebook page was made to draw attention off the forum.
You knew when you said you'd tried 3 businesses and didn't want anymore.
You knew when you "forgot" to mention your stated 3 month NRD refund policy to the new owners.
You knew when you threw the excuse that you sold the company a year ago so talk to the new guys.
You knew when you started fighting with customers instead of them constantly praising you and you decided the praise of the majority to be worth the cries of the few.
You knew when say you haven't signed an AP in months, plenty of customers in this very thread ask if you signed their statues, yet you say nothing.
You knew when you changed your name to outtasight and hid behind "contracts".
You knew when your PCS exit just happened to coincide with the downturn of the industry.
You knew when you sold PCS instead of hiring the people to do what you didn't want or simply couldn't do to fix or finish the mess you started.
You knew when you got out before it all caught up with you.

There's way way way more of what Gerald "Jerry" Macaluso "knew" and still did or didn't do exactly as he saw fit than the new guys or anyone else have had time for.
That's all I've indicated. Stand up for it or sit down and everyone else will fill in the gaps.

If I believed you to truly be a big bad monster trust me you and I would have already come face to face.
You simply knew, or you should have known, c'mon nobody can be that stupid. The only "monster" I've maid you to be is of your own making and guilty conscious.

well after that post everyone can see your true self.
Closed Thread