Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-17-2020, 03:15 PM   #3571
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Some of you guys are just nuts lol. But whatever....that's just what message boards are. Places for addicts/extremists of whatever the board is about to congregate.

Anyway, I've pretty much hit my limit with statue collecting. They're very cool and all, they are. The talent/creativity on display is very impressive and it's a cool thing to have of something you're interested in. But prices continue to rise, they're taking up pretty much all the amount of space I care to have them take up (statues and boxes combined,) plus for me personally, the "luster" has just kind of worn off getting new statues. I'm impressed/happy when I unbox them, yes. But after a week or so it's just another thing to stand there for me to stare at occasionally.

I've got a few more left on my list, and then I'm out. Time to move on to other things.
This guy's getting some hate, but I think most people here should watch the whole thing.

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 08-18-2020 at 07:54 PM. Reason: No video links
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:43 PM   #3572
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

This hobby will pull you back in, in time. No one is ever truly out. The quality of statues will only get better.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:23 PM   #3573
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
This hobby will pull you back in, in time. No one is ever truly out. The quality of statues will only get better.
Michael Corleone was a collector

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:33 PM   #3574
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Blob maquette!!! Please! That Iron Studios 1/10 Blob confirmed what I always knew. That a statue of the Blob would make a cool statue. Probably won’t happen but I can dream.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:17 AM   #3575
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Blob maquette!!! Please! That Iron Studios 1/10 Blob confirmed what I always knew. That a statue of the Blob would make a cool statue. Probably won’t happen but I can dream.
Ya, I hope Blob/Pyro/Toad will get made, crossing my fingers it will happen, i was pretty certain the direction there statues were going. But unsure if SS will just stop at Magneto/Mystique/Sabertooth.

Guess by 12 days we will get the indication or by next year.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:30 PM   #3576
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi MVA5580,
I hear you loud and clear and I understand where you are coming from.

There was a time in which I bought at least one but often even two or three statues a month.
I do not want to know how many hours I spent in my car driving through the country buying statues from stores or collectors who wanted to let go of certain statues.
Je ne regrette rien as the French would say and I am happy with and proud of the collection I managed to build during the years.

Things have changed however and I have passed on many statues lately which I would have bought in a heartbeat in the good old days.
I have also thrown away many boxes a couple of months ago, something which I could have never imagined me doing back in the days.
I was afraid that I would regret it but until now i am just happy with all the space at home that I have gained back by getting rid of the boxes.

I love my collection and do not think that I will ever sell it. I still love this hobby and I might occassionally still buy something if i come across a good offer
or see something which I really like.
But the neverending urge to always want to have the latest and coolest statue, is pretty much gone.

I now sit back, relax, enjoy my collection and enjoy the pictures and stories of fans and collectors who bought an awesome new statue.
It brings you much of the excitement and none of the disadvantages (loss of space for example) I have discovered!

Rainer

Quote:
Some of you guys are just nuts lol. But whatever....that's just what message boards are. Places for addicts/extremists of whatever the board is about to congregate.

Anyway, I've pretty much hit my limit with statue collecting. They're very cool and all, they are. The talent/creativity on display is very impressive and it's a cool thing to have of something you're interested in. But prices continue to rise, they're taking up pretty much all the amount of space I care to have them take up (statues and boxes combined,) plus for me personally, the "luster" has just kind of worn off getting new statues. I'm impressed/happy when I unbox them, yes. But after a week or so it's just another thing to stand there for me to stare at occasionally.

I've got a few more left on my list, and then I'm out. Time to move on to other things.
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:32 PM   #3577
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
after youve been doing it a while an exit strategy gives a little bit of peace of mind imo. my list still has like 20 characters on it though lol
20 is that bad when you think about where you probably started at.

I think I'm down to 18 "needed" characters. I figure some will probably never be made, but I hold out hope.

I won't stop collecting though. Even if I fill out my 1/4 scale list, I can still collect smaller scales that are easily put onto smaller shelves.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 06:17 PM   #3578
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I don't think i'll ever really stop, but will definitely slow down to less than a handful a year. So maybe once we get to the top 30 x-men i'll probably only do trading up for better sculpts. But also don't want my finances forever to be controlled by PO's

There will def be some you won't get either on XM or SS, so maybe custom maybe the only choice. But maybe i won't care at that point if the character doesn't get done.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:18 PM   #3579
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

dupe...

Last edited by moyiori; 08-18-2020 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Dupe
Old 08-18-2020, 07:08 PM   #3580
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Quote:

I’m feeling all of this and I’ve only been collecting 1/4 scale for 5 years. I have one more payment on Gambit and I might consider Silver Surfer and then I’m done.
I have a couple of pieces that I plan on selling, mainly because they don’t fit the rest of my collection.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote