Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-16-2020, 07:44 PM   #3681
Demona
Martian Manhunter

So on the Sideshow livestream tonight they talked about Giant Size XMen: Storm.

Please let this be a sign of a new PF getting ready to drop. In her new duds.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:45 PM   #3682
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Double Trouble
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:03 PM   #3683
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
They don't own the rights, but Marvel at the time i believe worked a deal so they had to pay them while using him in comics/merch/etc, makes sense or not Night crawler just falls under that one, probably the rest don't.

Besides it's boring to go over it, he's a big character if they are using him alot just a matter of time to get statues approved. Plus maybe there's other characters ahead of him right now to be made.
Creators have gotten a cut since the 80's when revenue-sharing agreements started. Numbers are all over the place for characters, creators, and media type, but Len Wein supposedly got $500,000 for Lucius Fox in the Nolan movies. David Micheline got nothing for War Machine (too early), but had a massive payday for the $1 billion Venom movie. It's a small percentage, say 1% of profits or 5% of the licensing fee but I don't think the creators have much power over their use, they just get mystery checks based on the past agreements.

Why Nightcrawler is different? No idea. Colossus, Storm, and Nightcrawler were all intended for the Legion of Super-Heroes at DC. When the pitch failed, Cockrum brought them to Marvel which adapted them to add international flair to the flagging X-men series.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:14 PM   #3684
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Please let this be a sign of a new PF getting ready to drop. In her new duds.
Yes! This has to be a sign that Storm is coming...
V4XCollect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:55 PM   #3685
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Creators have gotten a cut since the 80's when revenue-sharing agreements started. Numbers are all over the place for characters, creators, and media type, but Len Wein supposedly got $500,000 for Lucius Fox in the Nolan movies. David Micheline got nothing for War Machine (too early), but had a massive payday for the $1 billion Venom movie. It's a small percentage, say 1% of profits or 5% of the licensing fee but I don't think the creators have much power over their use, they just get mystery checks based on the past agreements.

Why Nightcrawler is different? No idea. Colossus, Storm, and Nightcrawler were all intended for the Legion of Super-Heroes at DC. When the pitch failed, Cockrum brought them to Marvel which adapted them to add international flair to the flagging X-men series.
Exactly. I can see royalties being paid out to creators. They get a certain percentage payment when art/characters are used. That doesn't mean they get control of the characters or decisions on how or when they're used. Bottom line, give us a Nightcrawler PF already!
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:56 PM   #3686
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Yes! This has to be a sign that Storm is coming...
I hope so. Need a 1/4 Storm for my collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:54 AM   #3687
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Colossus, Storm, and Nightcrawler were all intended for the Legion of Super-Heroes at DC.
Huh?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:15 AM   #3688
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Huh?
Dave Cockrum when he was doing the Legion of superheroes have designed new characters and Nightcrawler and Storm or at least the designs for them he did design for the Legion. I believe that Storm was supposed to be called Black Cat but I could be wrong. I am not sure what Nightcrawler’s name was supposed to be though. DC editorial at the time rejected them (I do not believe it was the most liberal work environment sense at the time Marvel was way ahead of having characters of diversity than DC was)

I was not aware that Colossus was also intended for the Legion but that would not surprise me
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:35 AM   #3689
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Dave Cockrum when he was doing the Legion of superheroes have designed new characters and Nightcrawler and Storm or at least the designs for them he did design for the Legion. I believe that Storm was supposed to be called Black Cat but I could be wrong. I am not sure what Nightcrawler’s name was supposed to be though. DC editorial at the time rejected them (I do not believe it was the most liberal work environment sense at the time Marvel was way ahead of having characters of diversity than DC was)

I was not aware that Colossus was also intended for the Legion but that would not surprise me
Yup, true.

Storm was made from Black Cat's look and Typhoon's powers.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:16 AM   #3690
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Please let this be a sign of a new PF getting ready to drop. In her 90s Jim Lee duds.
There, fixed it for you
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote