Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-25-2020, 08:07 AM   #661
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I'm looking forward to him getting back to his normal style. The paintings are cool, but not many people would recognize them as Jim Lee pieces. I hope he does a legit normal-style Superman as well.
I think that once a character is done, it's done, regardless of media. Which means also no other Wonder Woman. Costume changes are allowed though, so there could be hope - but who knows WHICH Superman you'd get to see.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:23 AM   #662
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I think for the last 10 the only rule should be to do pieces that raise the most money. The purpose is to help LCS across the nation. This still has a chance to hit 1 million if Jim cranks out a last 10 list of blue chip commissions

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:05 AM   #663
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I think for the last 10 the only rule should be to do pieces that raise the most money. The purpose is to help LCS across the nation. This still has a chance to hit 1 million if Jim cranks out a last 10 list of blue chip commissions
I am all for this. Which is the ONLY reason I think nobody has asked for Hush Batman or Catwoman. Maybe Jim is quietly telling people to hold off on that request because he was always going to do them.

If Hush Harley, Hush Batman, Hush Catwoman and a full body Wonder Woman aren't done....lord help all the money left on the table.

The two longshot characters I would love to see are Starfire and Voodoo (love that tattoo).
Old 06-25-2020, 10:43 AM   #664
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I am all for this. Which is the ONLY reason I think nobody has asked for Hush Batman or Catwoman. Maybe Jim is quietly telling people to hold off on that request because he was always going to do them.

If Hush Harley, Hush Batman, Hush Catwoman and a full body Wonder Woman aren't done....lord help all the money left on the table.

The two longshot characters I would love to see are Starfire and Voodoo (love that tattoo).
I have suspected this all along as well (at least after not seeing some of this after the first 10 or so). Kind of telling them not to waste a pick

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #665
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think that once a character is done, it's done, regardless of media. Which means also no other Wonder Woman. Costume changes are allowed though, so there could be hope - but who knows WHICH Superman you'd get to see.
Some of the choices that have been made are a little frustrating. There are so many characters that haven't been done that most people want to see, but about 20% of the pieces done so far either have Batman in them or are some version of Batman. I wish he had let people suggest three characters and then picked one of them himself. His art is going to sell for a decent amount anyway, but then maybe we would have had more characters done. Now I hope the last 10 are big name A-list characters that will bring in big bucks for the stores.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:37 PM   #666
SONICobra
Batman

not feeling that superman at all
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:17 PM   #667
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I like Lee's paintings, but I think I figured out why they don't wow me. I don't think they're generally identifiable as "Jim Lee" pieces. They look like prints I'd see in Artist Alley at a convention from an artist I don't follow. Not that that is a bad thing--I buy tons of prints from all kinds of artists at conventions--but if I'm spending 10k+, I want to immediately recognize it as Jim Lee art.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:25 PM   #668
French Cancan
Deadman

It’s a rather pleasant and fun random technique for the artist than letting water do some of the work, but this - a bit lazy- way of painting doesn't always allow to discern the artist’s style.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:38 PM   #669
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do like the Superman print. Nice colors
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 12:49 AM   #670
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Batman Flashpoint is next. I can’t tell based on the WIL if he going back to pencils/inks or going to keep riding this paint train...the paper looks to be more watercolor friendly.