Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
morgs
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I sent up one at the start of the year, Al is an awesome guy to work with but he does take quite a while to respond to emails.
I accordance to his prices, a 11x17 full figure(no background) will set you back $250.
I asked for a Hulk and Spidey but he charges $250 per character so that would have been $500!!!!
I decided to pass and just get a single character.
morgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #12
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgs View Post
I sent up one at the start of the year, Al is an awesome guy to work with but he does take quite a while to respond to emails.
I accordance to his prices, a 11x17 full figure(no background) will set you back $250.
I asked for a Hulk and Spidey but he charges $250 per character so that would have been $500!!!!
Got a pic? Was that pencil or pencil/inks?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #13
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

An 11x17 Nova commission done by Sal would be a grail piece for me. I'm going to get an e-mail out to Al tommorrow. Wonder how long the list is already? As Underdog07 posted I would be curious if this includes pencils and inks for $250?

Just got done listening to the podcast. What a great 45 minutes that was for me. I started with Sal on Defenders and stayed with him throughout his 10 year run on The Hulk. Some of his memories may have faded,but mine will last forever. Sal really opened the door for me into the world of comics. Thanks for posting this podcast JG!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:35 AM   #14
morgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Got a pic? Was that pencil or pencil/inks?
It was for pencil/inks!!!
It took about 4 months just to organise through email, I have paid for it but it hasn't been started yet.
Sal is busy with work schedules at the moment!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #15
morgs

Here's the info you guys might like to see:
Here's the info as of 01/30/13:

To order a commission, contact Al Czarnecki:

via email: hyeeena@optonline.net

Phone weekdays eastern standard time 3 pm to 8 pm at (732) 254-2520

Same number and address for over forty years.

- 8x10 inches ink [1] character for the sum of-175.00.
This includes priority mailing insurance.

- 11x17 inches ink [1] character at -250.00.

- cover recreations [11x17 inches] ink,no logos or lettering for 800.00.

* If you wanted it personalized,no problem.If you or anyone else wants anything else,a piece with backgrounds,multiple characters,etc..,those prices would have to be discussed with me and i pass it on to Sal and we go from there.

* He also always wants me to mention a time frame of 6 months before accepting any commissions[these are usually done in 90 or so days,(depending on on his schedule).We mention that because he does not like to disappoint anyone.

* He also does not do any color pieces.

* We expect payment in full before he starts any commissions.

* A check and or money order made out to me:

Al Czarnecki
71 Hart Street
Sayreville, NJ 08872-1123
Old 07-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #16
Spidey62
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I don't think his prices are high at all and I was very pleasantly surprised with his quotes that came back on my request. I think you can get something you would be happy with. Shoot Al an email with your ideas and he will get back to you. He has been very easy to work with on my commission and I was pleased with the pricing.
You are right, the listed prices are not as high as I would have thought, and especially for such a big name. Thanks.
Spidey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #17
Marvelcap
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Here's the info you guys might like to see:
Here's the info as of 01/30/13:

To order a commission, contact Al Czarnecki:

via email: hyeeena@optonline.net

Phone weekdays eastern standard time 3 pm to 8 pm at (732) 254-2520

Same number and address for over forty years.

- 8x10 inches ink [1] character for the sum of-175.00.
This includes priority mailing insurance.

- 11x17 inches ink [1] character at -250.00.

- cover recreations [11x17 inches] ink,no logos or lettering for 800.00.

* If you wanted it personalized,no problem.If you or anyone else wants anything else,a piece with backgrounds,multiple characters,etc..,those prices would have to be discussed with me and i pass it on to Sal and we go from there.

* He also always wants me to mention a time frame of 6 months before accepting any commissions[these are usually done in 90 or so days,(depending on on his schedule).We mention that because he does not like to disappoint anyone.

* He also does not do any color pieces.

* We expect payment in full before he starts any commissions.

* A check and or money order made out to me:

Al Czarnecki
71 Hart Street
Sayreville, NJ 08872-1123
These prices look to be about the same prices as when I commissioned a piece about 5 years ago. It was a very positive experience and I was very happy with the quality of the piece.

Marvelcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #18
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
You make a good point about the time it can take to get a commission. Sal keeps pretty busy and it can take a while to get the piece completed. Al is very up front with the time line expectations and says that a commission can take up to 6 months. From my experience, it doesn’t usually take that long but Al says he likes to leave a larg enough window so that Sal isn’t late in getting stuff done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs1162 View Post
An 11x17 Nova commission done by Sal would be a grail piece for me. I'm going to get an e-mail out to Al tommorrow. Wonder how long the list is already? As Underdog07 posted I would be curious if this includes pencils and inks for $250?

Just got done listening to the podcast. What a great 45 minutes that was for me. I started with Sal on Defenders and stayed with him throughout his 10 year run on The Hulk. Some of his memories may have faded,but mine will last forever. Sal really opened the door for me into the world of comics. Thanks for posting this podcast JG!
Glad to hear you enjoyed it – it is really a fantastic interview. I also agree with you on the memories. I have started picking up reader copies of my favorite issues as a kid and keep a stack on my desk – just opening them and seeing the images is a rush of great memories.

Hard to say on the length of the list – you would have to contact Al to see on that. I believe that he prioritizes by order of who has paid (he told me I was ahead of my friend because I had paid and he was waiting for his payment).

Quote:
It was for pencil/inks!!!
It took about 4 months just to organise through email, I have paid for it but it hasn't been started yet.
Sal is busy with work schedules at the moment!!!
Congrats on getting on the list – can’t wait to see what you get! Care to share a hint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey62 View Post
You are right, the listed prices are not as high as I would have thought, and especially for such a big name. Thanks.
You are very welcome. To get art from someone of Sal’s stature in the industry plus considering how good his work still looks at his prices is amazing to me. I am already contemplating some future requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelcap View Post
These prices look to be about the same prices as when I commissioned a piece about 5 years ago. It was a very positive experience and I was very happy with the quality of the piece.

That is an AMAZING piece MC! Wow, love the action on this one! Congrats

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #19
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Morgs, I do believe the info you posted above is current. I did not inquire about all price point options but the one I did aligns with this information

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #20
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I sent Al an e-mail today. Long waits are not a problem. Once again,I really appreciate you letting us know Sal was accepting commissions and the contact info JG. I started reading Sal's comics back in 1974. He was and still is one of the best in the buisness!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote