Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-28-2018, 05:48 PM   #181
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I don't know why, but Chronicle to me is a company that hold licenses that they can do exciting things with but every time they announce something it seems like they go down a path to make design choices nobody wants or asked for and totally kills the anticipation with that piece.

Over the years there have been lots of pieces I thought for sure I would order when announced, only to pass on every one of them. I was excited about the 1:1 T-800 statue, then they said it was gonna be a static piece on plain metal base and rod, super boring and lifeless. Then there was the issues with the 1:1 T-800 bust, passed on that also. Then the break out rex issues, passed on that. Now with the V cut Robocop bust design choice and 1:1 Arnie bust from Genisys??? WTF...its like Chronicle are looking for ways to NOT take my money.

I use to be excited when Chronicle was new on the scene, but these days I feel like anything they come out with will also come with a reason to pass on it.

Which is why to this day Chronicle pieces have never made it into my collection.

Chris
Didnt you just get on the waitlist for the first Raptor?

As someone who is obviously a Robo fan, did you pass on ED and Cain?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:11 PM   #182
daz1999
Mephisto

No V cut then, I’ll be ordering by the sounds of it, thanks for the info Paul, hoping you go the same route as the 1/2 paint wise!
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:33 PM   #183
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Regarding the Terminator 1:1 bust, it's Genisys and it's based on the Battle damaged version with real hair and chromed parts that will be inserted.

I won't deal with the current licensor of T-1 or T-2.

Regarding Robocop we're basically making a 1:1 version of the 1:2 bust with a different mouth, no v cut. It's not because of Feedback it's because we can make the fuller version for roughly the same costs.

Paul
At least here you are going the right direction for me sir.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:33 PM   #184
shiveringmelody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

Regarding Robocop we're basically making a 1:1 version of the 1:2 bust with a different mouth, no v cut. It's not because of Feedback it's because we can make the fuller version for roughly the same costs.
Does this mean no battle damage for 1:1 Robocop?
shiveringmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #185
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
At least here you are going the right direction for me sir.
Oh yeah, wow! Me too. Has this been announced before? Why not? Great news!

When can we expect a preview?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:05 PM   #186
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Oh yeah, wow! Me too. Has this been announced before? Why not? Great news!

When can we expect a preview?
Robocop was mentioned but it was going to be narrowed.
The Terminator is pretty new and this is the first of the chromed parts and real hair.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:46 PM   #187
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Or you just ignore all the dozens of other good pieces and focus on a couple you personally don't like. Yea, sure sounds like a conspiracy to me...what a joke...
Why don't you sit down and take a couple deep breaths there pal. I was referring to the more popular licenses.

Quote:
Well it's unfortunate that some don't like what we make, I don't usually make what the majority wants. What's the majority, ten active guys on a forum? Sometime I do make changes to a base or a pose if I get a lot of feedback.

Didn't like Breakout, we sold 1000 units and had maybe twenty pieces returned.

Didn't like 1:1 Endo Bust, we sold 1000 units and had four or five returned.

Only pointing this out to show that we must be doing something right and hitting a nerve with our customers and loyal fans.

I make what we want and if we don't like it, I won't make it. Many times I've told the studios it's our vision when it comes to the design of the final product.

Regarding the Terminator 1:1 bust, it's Genisys and it's based on the Battle damaged version with real hair and chromed parts that will be inserted.

I won't deal with the current licensor of T-1 or T-2.

I enjoy designing and making products and not everyone is going to resonate with fans, but we'll keep producing and delivering quality product on a regular basis.

I'm really excited for our DK pieces.

Paul

I think you're misunderstanding me, I don't hate your products. I actively look for reasons to buy them. It just seems most of the pieces from your bigger licenses while exciting when announced, always seem to go off in to a tangent somewhere with odd design choices. Like the V cut Robo bust idea. However if that has changed and you can nail that paint job, I'm on board 100%. Its great you're going all out on this new Terminator bust, personally I'm not a fan of the movie. So it would take a lot of convincing on my end to even consider throwing money at a collectible from that movie.

As for the brake out rex and the T-800, its great they sold out. But lets be honest, eventually everything sells out. I don't necessarily relate sell outs to demand or success of a piece. For that I usually consider the time it takes for a piece to sell out as an indication of its popularity or "success". The break out rex itself was a great concept, but I think it was let down by its small size and paint quality in the end. Which put me off from hitting that order button. Same deal with the T-800 bust, it was let down by the paint finish.

Now, if you are indeed making changes to Robo and nail that paint app, it will be my first Chronicle piece. Like I said, I'm looking for reasons to buy your stuff. I'm just explaining to you what has kept me from ordering pieces in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Didnt you just get on the waitlist for the first Raptor?

As someone who is obviously a Robo fan, did you pass on ED and Cain?
I did, but to be honest, I totally spaced on that piece. Now with the baby in the picture, new puppy and other life things, I haven't been keeping up with the forums or whats new in the statue world. So not getting the female raptor when it went up was my fault. I do like the piece and very impressed with the quality of how it turned out judging from photos I've seen and feedback I've read.

I did pass on ED-209 and Cain, simple reason, they were to small for my taste and collection. Don't deny they are quality pieces, just to small for the price.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:06 PM   #188
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:

Paul
That’s good to hear about losing the v cut! Look forward to seeing some preview pics.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #189
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Why don't you sit down and take a couple deep breaths there pal. I was referring to the more popular licenses.

I actively look for reasons to buy them.

Chris
What "more popular" licenses? They have made great pieces for every line they offer. I agree there have been some not as good too like 2 that were arguably their best sellers, but it just sounds like you are actively looking for reasons NOT to buy IMO. Love it but too small, wrong movie, etc...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote