Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-16-2018, 01:15 AM   #251
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Well, I preordered it. I really like the design and it will go nicely with the Harley Quinn. I am afraid of the design as well. It could be a QC nightmare.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #252
Vracula
Jedi Order

Man just going through all 41 photos. So much detail, I know I give SS a lotta ---- but man they really flexed their muscles on this one . I have a feeling they just went all guns blazing on this one with their creativity in high gear. SS can really create magic and for me this is the most I have been amazed since the Bane Pf another perfectly executed piece.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:28 AM   #253
tarim69
Sailor Moon

^ I just looked through the pics myself and have to agree the statue is simply stunning.

I wasnt considering this and might change my mind. Its just a amazing piece of art.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:39 AM   #254
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Man just going through all 41 photos. So much detail, I know I give SS a lotta ---- but man they really flexed their muscles on this one . I have a feeling they just went all guns blazing on this one with their creativity in high gear. SS can really create magic and for me this is the most I have been amazed since the Bane Pf another perfectly executed piece.
I have the Arkham Ashlum Joker PFF which I love but this one is on a whole other level. Can’t wait to put him up with the new Harley.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:16 AM   #255
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Go on and get you two and order me one while you are at it
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #256
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Go on and get you two and order me one while you are at it
Lol yeah as long as you order me that new Wolvie
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #257
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
With every new SS release there are complaints about cost, but there seems to be greater resistance for this one. Is $640 above a threshold that many aren't willing to pass?
Our original comic PF line has been abandoned. Going down this path is a large investment.

I really like my original Harley but I think the new one is exceptional. The price kills it for me. It’s not about the $300 variance between the two...it’s the idea of beginning down a path of switching over my current PF collection.

Collectors see that with this Joker, Beginning this line will be a multi multi thousand $$$ deal if We decide to start. I’m holding strong that I will only consider characters that have not been done as long as they can fit with the original PF collection or a redo of Croc at a larger scale. Other than that, I am staying where I am.

On the flip side regarding this piece, the new PF price is ridiculous. It’s the simplest form of gouging. This business model of larger ES at higher prices will kill this hobby and the manufacturers and suppliers with it. PF max Range should be $550. Max range!
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:52 PM   #258
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Our original comic PF line has been abandoned. Going down this path is a large investment.

I really like my original Harley but I think the new one is exceptional. The price kills it for me. It’s not about the $300 variance between the two...it’s the idea of beginning down a path of switching over my current PF collection.

Collectors see that with this Joker, Beginning this line will be a multi multi thousand $$$ deal if We decide to start. I’m holding strong that I will only consider characters that have not been done as long as they can fit with the original PF collection or a redo of Croc at a larger scale. Other than that, I am staying where I am.

On the flip side regarding this piece, the new PF price is ridiculous. It’s the simplest form of gouging. This business model of larger ES at higher prices will kill this hobby and the manufacturers and suppliers with it. PF max Range should be $550. Max range!
Sideshow shifted gears with the DC comics line. I don't think many of us long timers are surprised. They rarely stick to their guns with their themes or tend to complete rosters. They also have to go back to the well of first tier characters every so often.

If you don't feel Sideshow fits your collecting needs then its best to move on. Like you said, their high ES/high price business model with hit or miss QC is ridiculous. I don't see it as price gauging as much as a choice of how they do business. There are other producers of statues that may fit your needs. You just gotta get out of the 1/4 self-imposed restriction if that's what's keeping you purchasing Sideshow.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:16 PM   #259
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post

For people that dump their old classic PFs for these new and very expensive sideshowified PFs...it's only a matter of time before sideshow scraps or abandons this new direction as well. They have become a joke as far as I'm concerned...and a bad one at that.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:49 PM   #260
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I once owned all the batman PFs Sideshow made and sold all but the first Joker PF and Bane PF. Instead of same characters wish we could get two face or scarecrow. Seems they just going to remake them all in new style.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote