Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #1191
sash501
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I’ve reopened the CS thread so it’s no longer locked. Post away.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:49 PM   #1192
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
I’ve reopened the CS thread so it’s no longer locked. Post away.
Maybe you should put a note in the first post that it's no longer being actively monitored by PCS Customer service?

I mean, otherwise you could be leading both company and consumer astray.

I'm kinda thinking it was locked for a reason?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #1193
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Maybe you should put a note in the first post that it's no longer being actively monitored by PCS Customer service?

I mean, otherwise you could be leading both company and consumer astray.

I'm kinda thinking it was locked for a reason?
Just because they don’t respond doesn’t mean they don’t monitor it. We can’t control if any company uses the CS thread to communicate with their customer base so nobody is leading anyone astray. If they choose to use it great, if not then people will eventually stop posting. Ball is in their court.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #1194
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Just because they don’t respond doesn’t mean they don’t monitor it. We can’t control if any company uses the CS thread to communicate with their customer base so nobody is leading anyone astray. If they choose to use it great, if not then people will eventually stop posting. Ball is in their court.
Exactly. It should never have been closed in the 1st place.

That is where members here can take the temperature of each company and how customers are being treated even if companies do not take heed.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:07 AM   #1195
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Exactly. It should never have been closed in the 1st place.

That is where members here can take the temperature of each company and how customers are being treated even if companies do not take heed.
None of the other "Forum Supporters" have a stickied thread started by the once owner of the company, or for the uninformed, a user with the name of the company, holding a long history of responding to issues through this forum.

Oh and then there's this request?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSCollectibles View Post
Happy New Year from PCS Collectibles!

2017 is over and it is time to start looking ahead and making changes that will streamline the customer service experience for everybody. As most of you know, Anthony and I have already made many changes that have dramatically shortened our customer service response times and made communicating with us easier.

One additional change we will be making starting immediately is to close this long running CS thread. We would ask that all customer service questions go directly to our email address, customerservice@pcstoy.com. This will help us keep track of every case that comes in and maintain one point of contact for all customers. We found ourselves stretched thin with some customer service questions here, in other forums or groups plus direct emails, and in some cases, the same questions from the same people were being asked in all places at the same time which tends to confuse the situation and makes answering these questions very inefficient.

We will still be very active in our forum and 100% support the Statue Forum community as well as our dedicated fans. We will still provide you guys with sneak peaks and the inside scoop on new products.

Thank you once again for your continued support. Without you, we would not have a company and we take that fact very seriously. Look for additional customer service and website improvements very soon.

customerservice@pcstoy.com

Mark Martin
If you really want a complaints thread wouldn't it be better to leave the "Customer Service" one locked and start a new one so there isn't any misconceptions over the thread or the intentions of the company in question?

I've got no beef in this argument either way, it just kinda makes sense to me, especially considering PCS is a financial backer of the forum, which there seems to be getting fewer and fewer of those these days.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:29 AM   #1196
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Wow, you're lucky.

I received a complete replacement from the new batch that supposedly had improved packaging...and the head was still loose and rattling around when I opened it up. They literally did nothing to correct the issue...seriously, a piece of tape over the opening solves the problem, but they couldn't even do that.

Luckily, they screwed up again and sent me two comic portraits in my replacement and the other one was ok...so between my original (which had a damaged body and damaged comic head, but an undamaged movie portrait) and the replacement, I was able to piece together an undamaged complete statue...out of pure luck and apparent incompetence, I thankfully have a complete piece now.

It's a decent piece. Sculpt is there, likeness is there. But, compared to what most other companies are able to produce, the paint on this is flat out below average, especially the faces, IMO.
I’m shocked what you say about paint I thought it was really well done. im usually hard on PCs paint with exception for their later sf mm and ultra line which I think are up to par with everyone. Their older pieces I have no clue why people are paying those prices for those paint jobs.

I also disagree I don’t see Karl urban here it’s just a random face for me but doesn’t bother me.

Looking forward to your review
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #1197
dao2
Cyclops

Yeah I'm with Ryu. I thought the paint was awesome but didn't really see a likeness. Opposite of bmutha :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #1198
Python
Omega Red

My replacement has finally shipped...

Also, I'm with the above. From what I saw of mine, the over all paint was okay tbh, but the Urban likeness has never really been that obvious. I mean it's fairly obvious who the statue portrays, but it could have been much closer to Urban. I still like it regardless.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #1199
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
I’m shocked what you say about paint I thought it was really well done. im usually hard on PCs paint with exception for their later sf mm and ultra line which I think are up to par with everyone. Their older pieces I have no clue why people are paying those prices for those paint jobs.

I also disagree I don’t see Karl urban here it’s just a random face for me but doesn’t bother me.

Looking forward to your review
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
My replacement has finally shipped...

Also, I'm with the above. From what I saw of mine, the over all paint was okay tbh, but the Urban likeness has never really been that obvious. I mean it's fairly obvious who the statue portrays, but it could have been much closer to Urban. I still like it regardless.
I didn't say it was an exact spitting image,

I am surprised you guys find the skin tones acceptable...they are really not good, imo. Compare it to something like the new Sideshow Lex Luthor or Bane, Prime 1 Spider-Man 2099, or many others...these Dredd skin tones are not up to snuff. With a better paint job, I think the likeness to Urban would improve...a proper 5 o' clock shadow, etc. The rest of the statue is an ok paint job, nothing spectacular, though.

Python, I am curious to see if they took the time to properly secure the alternate head in your replacement...as I mentioned, they didn't bother to do anything on mine, and it broke...again...
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #1200
Python
Omega Red

Number 48 has finally arrived. All in tact this time and I'm happy with it. I'll get some pictures of it tomorrow or over the weekend. There is however an issue in that the movie head doesn't sit flush sadly. Has anybody else had this issue or is it just me? The comic version has a cut out in the neck that fits the shape of the part of the body it joins, but the movie head has no such lip so doesn't sit flush. You'd think all of the castings would be exactly the same, but I havn't heard anybody else mention it....

Python is offline   Reply With Quote