Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-03-2017, 10:11 AM   #441
grphyx1
Kingpin

I think you answered your own question. You free to prioritize your own preference. With multiple versions out there it gives you flexibility to pick and choose. A wise friend once told me "you can't have everything".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonacc View Post
So I just have a question for you all... Seeing that companies like Tweeterhead and XM Studios now have the 1/6th scale license for DC, do you see DC Collectibles still focusing on this designer series line? Tweeterhead stuff looks great, but 300 USD (with the current state of the CAD $ + shipping) can get quite expensive. What is everyone's take?
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #442
Bonacc
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I think you answered your own question. You free to prioritize your own preference. With multiple versions out there it gives you flexibility to pick and choose. A wise friend once told me "you can't have everything".
My question was more about "Will DC collectibles continue to support the DC Designer Series?" rather than "which one are you choosing?" lol I might've been unclear but I support the license being given out. Competition raises quality and gives the consumer a broader choice
Bonacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:21 AM   #443
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
So I just have a question for you all... Seeing that companies like Tweeterhead and XM Studios now have the 1/6th scale license for DC, do you see DC Collectibles still focusing on this designer series line? Tweeterhead stuff looks great, but 300 USD (with the current state of the CAD $ + shipping) can get quite expensive. What is everyone's take?
Seems DC Designer series are a bit more cartoony looking with simple black base where as Tweeterhead look more realistic with more detailed bases.

Your also looking at $120 vs $250 (average).

Even though both are 1/6 scale I don't think they really compete with each other.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #444
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
My question was more about "Will DC collectibles continue to support the DC Designer Series?" rather than "which one are you choosing?" lol I might've been unclear but I support the license being given out. Competition raises quality and gives the consumer a broader choice
Most statue lines reach an end when sales start slowing. I think this one will continue for a little bit, though the focus may shift to multi-character dioramas.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:42 AM   #445
grphyx1
Kingpin

I think DC will continue to support a line until it's not profitable for them. These are their characters. They have continued the covergirls line with some questionable products, but it's still going. Tweeterhead's is a different look and I don't see them as similar.

Quote:
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:56 AM   #446
=N=
The Spirit

Quote:
Competition raises quality and gives the consumer a broader choice
All hail capitalism, sweeeeeeeeeeeetness that it is. wish there was a U.S. flag emoji thing , oh well .

Quote:
I think DC will continue to support a line until it's not profitable for them. These are their characters. They have continued the covergirls line with some questionable products, but it's still going.
Very accurate.
=N= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:47 PM   #447
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I think DC will continue to support a line until it's not profitable for them. These are their characters. They have continued the covergirls line with some questionable products, but it's still going. Tweeterhead's is a different look and I don't see them as similar.
DC Collectibles is actually uniquely questionable in this area because their management is what creates the circumstances for their piece to not sell as well, such Bombshells Joker & Harley, which had a variant with the same 5200 edition size come out at the same time.

On the action figure front, they have zero skill when it comes to analyzing why certain lines, like the Icons, fail to generate preorder sale and cancel them just as in-hand reactions and inspired character choices begin converting collectors to the line. What they did with the Icons would be equivalent to if Tweeterhead looked at initially low POs on this Harley and concluded collectors don't like sixth scale or dynamic poses . . . only to start new line with another Harley Quinn. That's arguably what DCC did with those weird in-betweener New 52 Cover Girls when the Hughes line was being phased out.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:05 PM   #448
jimjimmyjones85
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
You can get $15 off plus free US shipping with coupon code RSDEAL22 at Entertainment Earth.
In for one. Thank you good sir.
jimjimmyjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:05 PM   #449
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
DC Collectibles is actually uniquely questionable in this area because their management is what creates the circumstances for their piece to not sell as well, such Bombshells Joker & Harley, which had a variant with the same 5200 edition size come out at the same time.

On the action figure front, they have zero skill when it comes to analyzing why certain lines, like the Icons, fail to generate preorder sale and cancel them just as in-hand reactions and inspired character choices begin converting collectors to the line. What they did with the Icons would be equivalent to if Tweeterhead looked at initially low POs on this Harley and concluded collectors don't like sixth scale or dynamic poses . . . only to start new line with another Harley Quinn. That's arguably what DCC did with those weird in-betweener New 52 Cover Girls when the Hughes line was being phased out.
Speaking of their Icons line, I am still annoyed by their cancellation of the Balent Catwoman. -_- That's like the only one I wanted. lol
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #450
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Speaking of their Icons line, I am still annoyed by their cancellation of the Balent Catwoman. -_- That's like the only one I wanted. lol
I got them all, except Darkseid (I don't like his New 52 outfit enough to spend $75+ on a figure, although him fighting the League does make for a nice set-up if you invest in dynamic figure stands.) Catwoman and the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle two-pack were my most anticipated, but DCC killed their own momentum releasing that Rebirth pack in larger scale, nixing accessories and changing head sculpts when people already had pre-orders in-place.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote