Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #81
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I blame nobody. Or maybe now my english, because apparently, the words " to IMAGINE a scenario" were not clear enough.
Here, I read "no more preorders", there, "no more purchase unless discounts", so I IMAGINE a scenario where all collectors decide to do that. And that’s all. Just an " extreme " scenario, just a thinking without prejudices.
Why the hell did I want to be so serious.
The "no more preorders" and "no more purchases unless a discount" are points brought up do to the affect of the TBD and ES. Along with QC.

Awesome hobby we all love or not.
Money we know can spend on these or not.
It is still important to try and keep this hobby special. I just don't like the mass produced part with mediocre QC. On top of that, the new prices don't seem to warrant it.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #82
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
The "no more preorders" and "no more purchases unless a discount" are points brought up do to the affect of the TBD and ES. Along with QC.

Awesome hobby we all love or not.
Money we know can spend on these or not.
It is still important to try and keep this hobby special. I just don't like the mass produced part with mediocre QC. On top of that, the new prices don't seem to warrant it.
Oh, I agree with each of your words.

And today, my rules are simple:
I want an EX, i preorder, TBD, not TBD, I don’t care
I want only the regular. I wait and buy at a local retailer. ( with discount?)
I think it’s a good 50/50; Good for the company, good enough for me.
I accept that other collectors don’t agree, but they don’t have to claim that they are right, and that I am wrong.

That being said, I have the feeling that we can’t have any consensus there, and that this thread could look like a

So, and now, to finally answer this question:" Why to preorder a TBD piece" I asked some celebrities their opinion.

Hi Wimona! ( I loved you in Beetlejuice) Here is my very simple question:
Why preorder a TBD piece?

Okay...That’s rough and disappointing. ( In fact you were perfectible in Beetlejuice)
But it’s okay.

Dear Michelle! Glad to see you again! Same question:

Oh well I like your words! So vibrant. I appreciate. Thank you Michelle!

And the last but not the least, one of the most beautiful voice on this planet ( after Kate Bush, Annie Lennox , Noora Louhimo, Tarja Turunen, so many others and Edith Piaf of course)
Dear barbadian, may I?

Wow wow wow, I love that! Short, crystal clear, precise and so sexy....
Here is my answer. Thank you so much! ( I’ll send you my photo)
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:28 PM   #83
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

If you absolutely LOVE the piece and have to have it, then pre-ordering regardless of ES makes sense

If you are kind of on the fence with it, like it but don't love it, then the ES should be a factor, because chances are good that you may want to sell it at some point and you'll want it to have value so you won't take a bath.

To summarize, only buy what you love every time, and pre-order it early
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #84
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Trust me, EVERYONE is overspending.

The possibility of recouping money spent is the lube that makes all this even considerable.
It's quick drying though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hell of an analogy lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
You're definitely not wrong. But it's hard to walk away from that dough when you know it's right there for the taking.
True lol.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #85
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

So thinking more about this question... maybe you could apply it more to properties such as Marvel and DC that are produced every other month.

Let's say you have far more niche properties that would never be produced at that level. I'm talking about video game licenses such as Witcher, Bloodborne, Gravity Daze, and so on. That's exactly where I am in this hobby.

I'm not a big fan of Marvel/DC so when the opportunity arises for the niche properties that I love, I'm definitely going to give support day one.

Discouraging orders on those types of properties is only going to contribute to killing the line early or cancellations in the worst case scenario.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:06 PM   #86
iCollect
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Because I don't give a crap about ES. I buy based on how the statue looks.
iCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:09 PM   #87
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCollect View Post
Because I don't give a crap about ES. I buy based on how the statue looks.
Sure, that works if you never ever sell anything you buy or care about collectability.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:58 AM   #88
iCollect
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Sure, that works if you never ever sell anything you buy or care about collectability.
Why would I sell a statue? I never understood that. If you don't like it anymore than maybe you should never have bought it in the first place.
Collectability? I couldn't care less. Are there people who say "OMG This statue is amazing! I love everything about it....Oh wait.....the edition size is too high, guess I can't get it" ?
iCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:21 AM   #89
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCollect View Post
Why would I sell a statue? I never understood that. If you don't like it anymore than maybe you should never have bought it in the first place.
Collectability? I couldn't care less. Are there people who say "OMG This statue is amazing! I love everything about it....Oh wait.....the edition size is too high, guess I can't get it" ?
Haha! You hit that on the head. The days of buying a piece and trying to flip it are long gone with Sideshow. If your not 100% vested in keeping and try to sell, prepare to possibly take a loss. Pick a random piece out of your collection you‘ve had over the years._._.Now can you correctly guess the #out of #? Who cares, all that matters is it looks great.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #90
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Haha! You hit that on the head. The days of buying a piece and trying to flip it are long gone with Sideshow. If your not 100% vested in keeping and try to sell, prepare to possibly take a loss. Pick a random piece out of your collection you‘ve had over the years._._.Now can you correctly guess the #out of #? Who cares, all that matters is it looks great.
It's not about flipping or not getting your money back.
It's about today's pricing and today's QC/Packaging with that pricing.
It's about TBD causing higher ES- I don't know about some people, but I know I feel burned seeing a piece go on heavy discount plus free shipping less than a year later.
That piece looks great alright, because it's the prototype. Say what you want, but it is a pain in the arse having to spend that much, and then waste personal time with SS to get a replacement.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote