Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 09-29-2006, 11:20 AM   #41
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I have to say I have gone from a Cap hater (may sound strong but I really didn’t see the appeal of him) to a big fan and I have to put it down the Brubaker’s story telling, He has written the current series so well that I have not been able to help but grow into a big fan of the Cap, Thanks to Wktf & Sam for their reviews and all the guys that have agreed with them, If it wasn’t for you guys I would not have had any idea what I was missing out on! Cheers guys
Justin, thanks for the props, man, but I'm just happy to have another Cap fan on board!!

Bru is the man, the driving force behind this resurgence of one of the single greatest superheroes of all time. I was so disgusted by the Marvel Knights treatment of Cap following 9-11. I understood what Marvel was doing and why but, frankly, it just didn't work and took this iconic superhero off most people's radar screen.

I have to give credit to Steve Epting, though, as well. His art is just so perfectly matched to this character and Bru's stories that he puts Bru's breakaway pace into overdrive.

This is what comics should be about!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #42
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
I need my own comic review team!
Mike, what we've learned here at "WKTF and Sam Wilson, Inc." is that the secret lies in the combination of providing competitive health care and insurance benefits, a work environment that fosters team work and respect, and developing a mission statement that elevates your brand and inspires people to passionately deliver the best work possible to satisfy our clients, keep them coming back, and acquiring more clients.

Oh, and just asking for help with reviews works too. But I see you've already got that one down.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #43
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59 View Post
BINGOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I just read Ultimates and Cap last night.... Cap was yet again too awesome!
So, Keith, was this Thor trade review the story you were thinking about before?
Old 09-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #44
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
So, Keith, was this Thor trade review the story you were thinking about before?
Yeah Joe this was the one... Thor proved himself in this one to be the baddest mutha of them all. He was inches away from taking out something that no other entity in existence could...

think about how you'd feel if that Hammer hit your unprotected brain!???
Old 09-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #45
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Thanks to this whole team for the great reviews, how you guys continue to crank these out is beyond me.

(SPOILER) Ultimates #12 again delivered with some truly visceral action as only Millar's Ultimates (and perhaps the classic Authority Vol.1) could deliver. Though I thoroughly enjoyed the Hulk's beatdown of the Abomination (You said it right Joe, what a dismantling!), the fight between the Hurricane and Quicksilver is an instant classic. I love how this entire fight started and finished before Haweye even hit the ground after getting decked. SWEET. Then Hawk asks Quicksilver for a hand, and the look he gives Hawkeye was awesome. Those few panels are easily my favorite of the book.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #46
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Thanks to this whole team for the great reviews, how you guys continue to crank these out is beyond me.
Thanks for the props, VM! Speaking for myself, I try to get the trade reviews done over the weekend and then on Wed pull my top three comics to read that week, read 'em some time after 9pm once kids' homework, etc., is done and then get the reviews written Wed nite. Usually puts me well past midnight to get 'em posted Thu morning but Sam, I and the whole crew love doing this!!!

And on your spoilers, yeah, that scene with Quicksilver and Hurricane was so harsh, and the follow up only seconds later with Hawkeye was great!