Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #111
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
So...."D" Man took Daredevil's and Wolverine's hand me downs and made a costume?
He was a homeless superhero so I would not be at all surprised if that was true.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #112
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
He was a homeless superhero so I would not be at all surprised if that was true.
Yeah...I was mostly just kidding around. I rember D-Man from Perez's second run on the Avengers. I knew he was a homeless guy, but didn't know much more than that.

As far as this show goes, I'll watch it tonight to see what's "up", and if I'm "down" with it.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #113
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I thought a lot of the cinematography looked super cheap. I was pretty disappointed with the pilot. On another note, I loved Sleepy Hollow and I liked the Black List.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #114
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well if that ends up being the case then I for one am out. Simply implying that this series is part of the Marvel Universe through passing references and poorly edited stock footage from one of the Marvel features (both of which were present in the pilot) simply isn't good enough for me. This series needs to FEEL like it's in that Universe otherwise it runs the serious risk of becoming just another procedural drama Ã- la 'CSI,' 'Criminal Minds' and/or a clone of the 'Heroes' tv series.
I agree, maybe Damage Control would have been a better show to make.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #115
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I agree, maybe Damage Control would have been a better show to make.
I have long thought that Damage Control would be an amazing project. It would also be a great and humorous repast from more serious comic book fare.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #116
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero View Post

Think what a great premise the show could realize. Today's world where aliens and superheroes are real. Gods exist and walk the earth. Monsters roam free and hide within human looking bodies just waiting for the right trigger to unleash a wave of desolation and body count. What would a world like that be to live in. How would regular humans and governments respond. What kind of new terrors or miracles could exist. This is the story I wanted to see. Instead I got silly, campy, predictable, dumbed down, poorly acted, wasted potential.
Man, people are talking like the show and writing it off like it has been on a full season and was a complete disaster. This is only the first episode and it was written and directed by Whedon. Whedon writes his stories light and usually has this type of humor. And don't forget, this show is not just for the comic geeks like us, it is for the non-comic people who made the Avengers one of the biggest movies ever. They mentioned Avengers and the storyline was linked to the movie to make the non-comic book people comfortable with the show. If they had started with some random hero, it would be a bit harder to pull people in. We already know that Graviton will be here this season, they are obviously going to take care of us comic nerds.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #117
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Man, people are talking like the show and writing it off like it has been on a full season and was a complete disaster. This is only the first episode and it was written and directed by Whedon. Whedon writes his stories light and usually has this type of humor. And don't forget, this show is not just for the comic geeks like us, it is for the non-comic people who made the Avengers one of the biggest movies ever. They mentioned Avengers and the storyline was linked to the movie to make the non-comic book people comfortable with the show. If they had started with some random hero, it would be a bit harder to pull people in. We already know that Graviton will be here this season, they are obviously going to take care of us comic nerds.
Exactly. I'm sure if people went back and watched the first episode of Buffy now, they would have a lot of the same criticisms, and look how that turned out.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #118
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I just watched this and thought it was very light. I thought it would be more serious. I'm not finding myself attached to any of the normal characters. And they all seem a bit too young. But I'll watch a few more episodes. It's just a disappointment considering the director.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
He is a clone.
That's what I'm thinking. Stark mentioned something like that in the opening of Avengers. I can't remember the term right now. But something isn't right given the true backstory known by Agent Hill and other guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I thought a lot of the cinematography looked super cheap. I was pretty disappointed with the pilot. On another note, I loved Sleepy Hollow and I liked the Black List.
Yeah I was kind of surprised too by the cinematography and some of the locations. Given all the money Avengers made I thought this would be a seamless continuation of that same world. Perhaps a bit darker as I always thought SHIELD was into more spy stuff.

I didn't like Black List. I won't even give that another episode.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #119
Atheris
The Maxx

Shows got to many REALLY young people in it that "apparently" work for the government. I know they are trying to pander to the younger generation but it takes the believability out of it all. Some look like they just got out of high school and now have "level 7" clearance

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #120
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Shows got to many REALLY young people in it that "apparently" work for the government. I know they are trying to pander to the younger generation but it takes the believability out of it all. Some look like they just got out of high school and now have "level 7" clearance

Chris
I met the Chloe girl today while she was taping extra and she just turned 21.. She was the computer hacker...