Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 04-20-2006, 02:16 PM   #11
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Miller is the pinacle of DD work, and I agree with everything you say regarding his style, pacing, fight scenes, lighting, etc. I may have overstated my opinion on Bendis but I'm pretty sure, rereading it, I didn't say (and certainly didn't mean) his run was the equivalent of Miller's. I do not think it's at the same level as Miller. That said, I think it's the best DD since Miller and has reinvigorated the title since its post-Miller doldrums. If we disagree on that then that's cool. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited by wktf; 04-20-2006 at 02:44 PM. Reason: fix punctuation
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:20 PM   #12
bat_collector
Galactus

I have to go on record that even though I don't like bendis, I have NEVEr said anythign against his Daredevil work (caus I never read it).

I didn't like alias however.

Thanks!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #13
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Miller is the pinacle of DD work, and I agree with everything you say regarding his style, pacing, fight scenes, lighting, etc. I may have overstated my opinion on Bendis but I'm pretty sure, rereading it, I didn't say (and certainly didn't mean) his run was the equivalent of Millers. I do not think it's at the same level as Miller. That said, I think it's the best DD since Miller and has reinvigorated the title since its post-Miller doldrums. If we disagree on that then that's cool. Different strokes for different folks.
Absolutely agree, Bendis did bring a long term following to DD. (I think the begining of the turn around was with Smith's run, but would have had no momentum had it not been for Bendis.) I think someone else mentioned his run being better than Miller's. I also need to say that I'd much rather read Bendis now than Miller now, Miller's current stuff is dead to me. Miller stopped writing comics around 1993.
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:43 PM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
I have to go on record that even though I don't like bendis, I have NEVEr said anythign against his Daredevil work (caus I never read it).
Well, what else can I say, b_c, other than "read it." Maybe borrow the first tpb or something or order it used and cheap off Amazon/eBay to give it a spin. Then you can render an opinion.

Aarrgghh!!, I see we're on the same page after all.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:06 PM   #15
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
RB, I hope you're reading Brubaker and Lark's DD issues. From your post I can't tell if you are or are just checking on the progress through the reviews.

No, not at the moment.

I started collecting the Hardcover collections of Daredevil/Punisher/Marvel Knights Spidey so I'm months behind in all of those

I always check in to find out about my future reads, not for spoilers, just to find out how the quality of the stories is commencing
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #16
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Miller is the pinacle of DD work, and I agree with everything you say regarding his style, pacing, fight scenes, lighting, etc. I may have overstated my opinion on Bendis but I'm pretty sure, rereading it, I didn't say (and certainly didn't mean) his run was the equivalent of Miller's. I do not think it's at the same level as Miller. That said, I think it's the best DD since Miller and has reinvigorated the title since its post-Miller doldrums. If we disagree on that then that's cool. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm down with that opinion as well wk (big suprize). I will admit I dug ann nocetti's and JR jr's run too, but it would go Miller, bendis, and then a tie w/nocetti and Brubaker...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #17
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

no love for our special "ask a british dude" review?
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:19 PM   #18
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
I'm down with that opinion as well wk (big suprize). I will admit I dug ann nocetti's and JR jr's run too, but it would go Miller, bendis, and then a tie w/nocetti and Brubaker...
I loved Ann Nocetti's and JR JR's run, as well. Love Blackheart!!
Old 04-20-2006, 06:20 PM   #19
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
no love for our special "ask a british dude" review?
Plus any love for Sgt. Rock?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:20 PM   #20
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I ordered my stuff on line for the month. Ult Spiderman #93 is now 2.99? Is this a double issue or has this book fallen victim to high prices? Comics have gone up so much over the years, but I really think $1.50 is the right price for a comic book.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote