Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 07-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #661
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger176 View Post

Can't figure out if I want this version of Mera. The costume is great but every time I look at the face I keep seeing Charo.

Oh, no...lol Don't make me see something I can't unsee! lol
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #662
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
She does look great, but cant get over her chubby hands... hehehehe that's to cute.
I'm beginning to think that the Mera statue is really just a full-body scan of Joelle Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaLnWUmjxw

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:23 PM   #663
Ladybugy
Frackin!

I've mentioned this on another forum but her head looks out of proportion to her body (it looks too large and I feel that she could have a longer neck). The actual design is great though!
Ladybugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:38 PM   #664
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugy View Post
I've mentioned this on another forum but her head looks out of proportion to her body (it looks too large and I feel that she could have a longer neck). The actual design is great though!
Neck looks okay, it's just that the statue's hair is so big.

Big hair makes everything look distorted/disproportionate, like on the Bombshells Supergirl.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:16 PM   #665
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Oh, no...lol Don't make me see something I can't unsee! lol
I don't think she looks like Charo at all
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:21 PM   #666
omigeo
Alpha Flight

[QUOTE=Gothamite;5634168]Neck looks okay, it's just that the statue's hair is so big.

Big hair makes everything look distorted/disproportionate, like on the Bombshells Supergirl.

The face is pretty though
Old 07-23-2018, 07:31 PM   #667
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I'm beginning to think that the Mera statue is really just a full-body scan of Joelle Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaLnWUmjxw

Old 07-23-2018, 07:40 PM   #668
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
The face is pretty though
Old 07-24-2018, 01:29 AM   #669
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Big hair makes everything look distorted/disproportionate, like on the Bombshells Supergirl. The face is pretty though
I would generally agree, but I part company with the hair. I picked up Jones' Supergirl and overlooked the hair sculpt, but Mera's is beyond the pale. It's not the "bigness" per se, but the lack of definition and detail. Strikes me as just a solid stone-like mass... kind of like a Medusa amalgam. She has the Marvel Medusa's massive hair and the mythological Medusa's hair as if she had gazed upon her own hair and turned it to stone. I'm mot saying I want fine strands of hair in a statute, but this seems lazy and dime store figurine cheap, artistic license be d*mned. Not sure whether it's the sculptor or the sculptor saddled with a bad design. I'll pass.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:41 AM   #670
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
I would generally agree, but I part company with the hair. I picked up Jones' Supergirl and overlooked the hair sculpt, but Mera's is beyond the pale. It's not the "bigness" per se, but the lack of definition and detail. Strikes me as just a solid stone-like mass... kind of like a Medusa amalgam. She has the Marvel Medusa's massive hair and the mythological Medusa's hair as if she had gazed upon her own hair and turned it to stone. I'm mot saying I want fine strands of hair in a statute, but this seems lazy and dime store figurine cheap, artistic license be d*mned. Not sure whether it's the sculptor or the sculptor saddled with a bad design. I'll pass.
Next March is a ways away. DC might yet modify the statue. I think it looks striking, but so much hair does make me hesitate. It's the main reason why I didn't buy Bombshells Supergirl when I saw one listed for $120 shipped on eBay this past weekend.