Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #121
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Not a fan. The one raptor laying on the ground looks like he's floating. Not as much contact to the base as the drawing suggests. Paint job is good but simple because of the drawing since they based the skin on that. Looks bland and it's painted by a pro. Factory will probably look worse and those triangles will probably be done as stencils which will cheapen the look. CC white knights can disagree just my opinion on this as it is a public forum. Pass. Hopefully raptors in the kitchen will satisfy.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #122
daz1999
Mephisto

I think they done a good job on this, I won't be ordering as space is an issue so I'll wait to see what's in the pipeline, raptors in the kitchen and the Rex/indominus dio are above this on my want list
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:26 PM   #123
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah I don't see the factory much caring to match the paint app on this but hopefully CC has reworked things with them so that their products are painted better. I'm sure that's another factor in the higher price but time will tell.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:02 PM   #124
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

I think the concept is great, as well as the sculpt, but the finish just falls way short to my standards. I think it'd look amazing repainted or even touched up. Maybe add a forest theme to the base. I feel like the kitchen Raptors are going to be way too hard for their factories to paint.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:17 PM   #125
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Considering Toynami does the paint work for the Cinemaquette pieces (which are generally incredible) I don't think the issue is that they are "too hard" to paint but rather an issue of price point, if folks want paint work that's an almost exact match to prototype they should be ready to spend more, for the size and complexity of paint job I think these pieces have been on the affordable side as far as price and although I appreciate that Chronicle wants to keep these as affordable as possible I'd be willing to pay more for higher quality paint work.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:43 AM   #126
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
Lol it's not brown - nosing. Its calling people out for their stupidity. And just because you were here first doesnt make you better. I'm trying to keep this place logical and even when all these people overreact. Get of your high horse.
Negative criticism is not trolling. Your mind would have exploded if you had to deal with the jokers we had to get rid of months ago. Stop wasting board space and let people with real opinions and thoughts get back to discussing.

I will be getting these, but would also like the option of a B&W version. Any chance of that Paul?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #127
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Negative criticism is not trolling. Your mind would have exploded if you had to deal with the jokers we had to get rid of months ago. Stop wasting board space and let people with real opinions and thoughts get back to discussing.

I will be getting these, but would also like the option of a B&W version. Any chance of that Paul?
You realize none of this board space wouldve been wasted had you not been pretentious, right? Ok, moving on.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:01 AM   #128
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
Considering Toynami does the paint work for the Cinemaquette pieces (which are generally incredible) I don't think the issue is that they are "too hard" to paint but rather an issue of price point, if folks want paint work that's an almost exact match to prototype they should be ready to spend more, for the size and complexity of paint job I think these pieces have been on the affordable side as far as price and although I appreciate that Chronicle wants to keep these as affordable as possible I'd be willing to pay more for higher quality paint work.
I have the 1:1 Raptor on order, and judging by that ones price, I have ECC like expectations on finish for that one. I too would also be willing to pay more for these with better paint work from the factories.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:59 AM   #129
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
You realize none of this board space wouldve been wasted had you not been pretentious, right? Ok, moving on.
Of course you try and fail to turn it around on me like a child and just ignore the original points.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #130
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I have the 1:1 Raptor on order, and judging by that ones price, I have ECC like expectations on finish for that one. I too would also be willing to pay more for these with better paint work from the factories.
I have the 1:1 bust on order too and really hope it looks awesome. I am willing to pay more for better quality. I got the breakout rex regardless of all the issues and really hoped it would be better in person. After looking at it for a few months on display just couldn't accept the paint job, but love the pose. I am paying someone $500 to repaint it. So basically it will be a $1000 piece not including shipping and customs fees. Don't want to have to go this route in the future though so if a piece is not to my standard from the factory I will most likely pass going forward.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote