Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #111
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Man I wish I had a link to the thread with Decherico pissed about the no box for her A/P, it was entertaining as hell, also I think Arahom used to post himself at that time. That led to the current and ongoing rift that continues to this day.

The reason the A/Ps didn't work in the production box is because at production the piece was cut differently. At that time ARH had a sculpt of the Cleo but was honest and said in order to produce it he had to sell 30 of them in advance as A/Ps. They would either have a top or not (our choice) and be painted by Arahom. Since these were done to finance the run they were shipped old school style in a normal box and not a box with form fitted styrofoam.

I have an AP and the right hand with helmet comes off, the pillar comes off, the cat, and the headress snake but she is all one piece. Arahom told us we would get a production box once the production run was done. But they found out that with stress points and to minimize breakage the production run had the head as a separate piece. So needless to say the production boxes wouldn't work for the AP's. Arahom came on and told us that but that he wasn't going to make special boxes for the 30 AP's.

I have been saying forever if you don't look at ARH as more of a garage type producer and different than a huge run production company with all the pluses and minuses that come with it you are going to have a bad time. You get tiny runs, stuff you don't see elsewhere, and some other stuff but you also get when problems come up they need to be addressed in ways that are feasible to the situation even if it means not what you were initially told. It happens. I think this also happened with the Gold Ares where the helmet tail was done differently to address breakage?

If anybody tried to use the normal run box (which is perfect for that statue) and cut the foam or force the AP in it will almost always get breakage.
The problem was that he actually did promise boxes to us. If he had to formulate them differently for the APs he produced, that is his problem. You can't promise people something and then back out.

You should have seen the private messages he sent me, if you think the thread ones were great. Pretty sure that is one of the reasons he left, because he was embarrassed by his own conduct. It hasn't improved with time.

I buy a ton of resin kits from smaller companies and their conduct is a thousand times better. So, it doesn't come down to company size. A ton of appreciation, no rude antics. Every time I contact them with issues they are on the ball. Probably due to the tight community. There is way more respect in the kit community.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:25 PM   #112
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Zzzzz blah blah blah boringgggg...when the new cleopatra being released..come on ARH
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:37 AM   #113
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
The problem was that he actually did promise boxes to us. If he had to formulate them differently for the APs he produced, that is his problem. You can't promise people something and then back out.

You should have seen the private messages he sent me, if you think the thread ones were great. Pretty sure that is one of the reasons he left, because he was embarrassed by his own conduct. It hasn't improved with time.

I buy a ton of resin kits from smaller companies and their conduct is a thousand times better. So, it doesn't come down to company size. A ton of appreciation, no rude antics. Every time I contact them with issues they are on the ball. Probably due to the tight community. There is way more respect in the kit community.
I never actually got an answer about the ex spear being missing from Tarzan Primal Rage. They just ignored every question across here / Facebook / direct email about it - even while answering me about other things lol
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:41 AM   #114
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

What I mean by the small producer kind of a thing, just as an example, a well respected producer I know and like showed a sculpt of a Breaking Bad 1/3 scale bust of Walter White. I wish I could find pics of the unpainted kit because the sculptor had made glasses out of some kind of wire or something and they looked great. So I ordered one.

When I got it the glasses looked like something Sally Jessie Raphael would wear. I had Saul paint mine and when I saw the glasses I couldn't stand it so I had him make me some that looked better.

I asked the producer and he said, yeah I know they looked bad but those thin ones were too thin to cast so it just didn't work and to pay the sculptor to manufacture each set of glasses just would have been too expensive. So that is what I mean by small producers making changes, other changes I have seen is when a piece doesn't work into the base so they have to change it or some piece isn't supported fully enough so they move connection points etc.

With regard to the conversation it was as I remember, paraphasing here, page after page of Decherico saying "you promised us a box, I paid, where the hell is my damn box?" and Arahom responding "The production run changed the statue so they wouldn't work anyway and who cares about a box and I'm not paying to produce 30 special boxes for the AP's" Rinse and repeat. Then finally Arahom said "Fine, I'll send you the damn boxes!" and we all got boxes that were useless to the actual piece we had.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WW glasses_1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	113028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hiesenberg side.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	113029  
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:25 AM   #115
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
I never actually got an answer about the ex spear being missing from Tarzan Primal Rage. They just ignored every question across here / Facebook / direct email about it - even while answering me about other things lol
the ape died from a stroke anyway.then got stabbed with knife.isn't that enough for you? Why spear the poor thing as well
Old 04-12-2018, 06:34 AM   #116
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
What I mean by the small producer kind of a thing, just as an example, a well respected producer I know and like showed a sculpt of a Breaking Bad 1/3 scale bust of Walter White. I wish I could find pics of the unpainted kit because the sculptor had made glasses out of some kind of wire or something and they looked great. So I ordered one.

When I got it the glasses looked like something Sally Jessie Raphael would wear. I had Saul paint mine and when I saw the glasses I couldn't stand it so I had him make me some that looked better.

I asked the producer and he said, yeah I know they looked bad but those thin ones were too thin to cast so it just didn't work and to pay the sculptor to manufacture each set of glasses just would have been too expensive. So that is what I mean by small producers making changes, other changes I have seen is when a piece doesn't work into the base so they have to change it or some piece isn't supported fully enough so they move connection points etc.

With regard to the conversation it was as I remember, paraphasing here, page after page of Decherico saying "you promised us a box, I paid, where the hell is my damn box?" and Arahom responding "The production run changed the statue so they wouldn't work anyway and who cares about a box and I'm not paying to produce 30 special boxes for the AP's" Rinse and repeat. Then finally Arahom said "Fine, I'll send you the damn boxes!" and we all got boxes that were useless to the actual piece we had.
Tragic..but I still want this new Cleopatra anyway! Hurry up ARH!!
Old 04-24-2018, 05:23 AM   #117
Brandon
The X-Men

Cleopatra is now on the ARH website and she looks gorgeous! Arahom definitely hit a home run with this one in my opinion. Can't wait to order.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:23 AM   #118
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Cleopatra is now on the ARH website and she looks gorgeous! Arahom definitely hit a home run with this one in my opinion. Can't wait to order.
ordered! boom! absolutely stunning!
Old 04-24-2018, 08:55 AM   #119
stone eagle
Justice League

The website does show a beautiful statue!
Hope you guys enjoy it when you get it in 2019 or later....
(Unless you are one of the lucky ones of course)
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:58 AM   #120
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone eagle View Post
The website does show a beautiful statue!
Hope you guys enjoy it when you get it in 2019 or later....(Unless you are one of the lucky ones of course)
Sir do u live behind the moon? this will easy be 2025-2050 arrival