Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-27-2016, 10:38 PM   #11
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Wow... Ehren sculpted that... I'm used to seeing his work for ARH. Well, I'm confident the sculpt will be 100% perfect to the Frazetta art now the question is, will the paint job do his work justice...
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:34 PM   #12
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

To answer your question...

Yes, the paint will absolutely do it justice. We have two classically trained painters on board that carry with them years of experience along with an incredible eye for detail and subtly. We will not disappoint
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:09 AM   #13
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
Yes, the paint will absolutely do it justice. We have two classically trained painters on board that carry with them years of experience along with an incredible eye for detail and subtly. We will not disappoint
That sounds awesome! Care to drop any names?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:28 AM   #14
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
This post leads me to believe they will not be produced and painted in a Chinese factory?
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:08 AM   #15
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Ehren sculpts some beautiful females. Can't wait to see some of these.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:41 AM   #16
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
This post leads me to believe they will not be ptoduced and painted in a Chinese factory?
That's kind of what it sounded like to me... if that's the case, I'm wondering what the price tag on this girl is going to be.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #17
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
That's kind of what it sounded like to me... if that's the case, I'm wondering what the price tag on this girl is going to be.
I don't care what the price tag will be. I rather spend $1K+ on one very good (painted) statue then $500 on a mediocre one.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:30 PM   #18
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

When I say classically trained painters, I mean traditional oil painters, who have trained under master painters in an atelier.
They have brought their skills to the statue game, and they have transferred very nicely. Matt Huff and Hanna Myers.
The statue will be produced in china, its just not feasible to produce in the states, cost is far too high.
Which that being said, we are forging a very strong relationship with a group of factories over there, and will be sending our painters along with the prototypes
to ensure their painters are trained and taught how to achieve the paint we produce on the protos.
Also every 1/4th will come with a dedicated art print, black foam packaging, and a high quality art box.
As for cost, nothing is official yet, but we want to price accordingly, but not outrageous. Catgirl will be huge, so her cost will be a little higher, but likely not over $650-$750, And these will be pretty limited, in the 200 to 300 es range. All quality control will be handled at our logistics center in person by us, so when shipments come in we will dedicate the time needed to qc all statues by hand, and promptly send them out.
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:02 PM   #19
Marcel54
Hellboy

That sounds great. I live in Europe, do I order directly from you or will there be an EU distributor?
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:06 PM   #20
The13thWarlock

Quote:
When I say classically trained painters, I mean traditional oil painters, who have trained under master painters in an atelier.
They have brought their skills to the statue game, and they have transferred very nicely. Matt Huff and Hanna Myers.
The statue will be produced in china, its just not feasible to produce in the states, cost is far too high.
Which that being said, we are forging a very strong relationship with a group of factories over there, and will be sending our painters along with the prototypes
to ensure their painters are trained and taught how to achieve the paint we produce on the protos.
Also every 1/4th will come with a dedicated art print, black foam packaging, and a high quality art box.
As for cost, nothing is official yet, but we want to price accordingly, but not outrageous. Catgirl will be huge, so her cost will be a little higher, but likely not over $650-$750, And these will be pretty limited, in the 200 to 300 es range. All quality control will be handled at our logistics center in person by us, so when shipments come in we will dedicate the time needed to qc all statues by hand, and promptly send them out.
Who's writing this? Arahom? Not to sound sarcastic but that's everything he said, minus sending the painters over to work with the factory workers. The foam, the print... I've heard this before.

The result was a sales disaster that Arahom said almost bankrupted him. Now you are going down the same road so the question is, how will you sell the statues that he couldn't? You even have the same sculptor! The only difference seems to be the plan for painting and a statue painted in a factory is a statue painted in a factory.

I think ARH said they sold a max of 80 copies of their best selling Death Dealer and one statue only sold around 30 copies. Unless your lass name is Frazetta I think you will have a VERY steep and treacherous road ahead of you.

I'm hoping you are successful... I'll most likely buy one... unless that mat of pubic hair grosses me out and drives me away. Lol!