Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #11
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
They prolly will have much more freedom to be dynamic, and the base/environment to be more interactive with the character.

With Prime 1 going 1/3 they had to go more museum with such large pieces, Im thinking XM can showcase the powers/abilities in different poses flying/fighting.
Exactly...that is what I am envisioning. Think Hot Toys but heavier and in cold cast material and a cool base(s).
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:45 PM   #12
Demona
Martian Manhunter

People in the super secret XM Group -- let XM know that Ed Benes does one of the best Wonder Woman styles around. He is very underrated, yet his art is being used as their banner for "classic"
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #13
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by krec99 View Post
How much do there 1/6 pieces go for ?
I'm guessing around the same or similar price to SS 1/5 Avengers line. The difference is you will get tons of extra options with the 1/6 DC line more than likely. I expect this line to be a detailed line...not animation based like the XM Avengers Assemble line.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:49 PM   #14
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
People in the super secret XM Group -- let XM know that Ed Bene does one of the best Wonder Woman styles around. He is very underrated, yet his art is being used as their banner for "classic"
I think you should post Ed Bene on the XM facebook page. XM tends to hear your opinions. While you are at it...don't forget to keep badgering them about Storm being painted in silver rather than white.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #15
adee
Green Arrow

10 years ago I so badly wanted a DC line to go with my Bowens. Now I've sold them all and moved to 1/4 and low and behold there are now two awesome companies doing 1/6.

...Figures.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #16
kalel-sonofel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Classic and of course Rebirth.
There are so many options for classic stuff, bring on the new Line.

Superman of cource

I hate to say that But DC has so many more characters than Batman and his family. Bring on all the others, you will see - they will sell very well because it's simple there are no other options.
kalel-sonofel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #17
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Good gosh, I was just thinking about jumping into the Tweeterhead line, but never mind now!
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #18
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Good gosh, I was just thinking about jumping into the Tweeterhead line, but never mind now!
Yeah that's a tough one, Tweeterhead has shown some really awesome designs so it will be interesting to see what XM can do, I know XM excels at paint application and QC but I'm just hoping they can nail all the portraits. With their 1/4 scale statues it's always hit and miss on the portraits, some look realistic others cartoony, then you have an issue with heads looking to small.

hopefully XM can fix those issues with this 1/6 scale line...

Prototypez is suppose to announce a 1/6 scale Marvel line soon.... Seems the increase in 1/4 scale prices is driving companies to go after the 1/6 scale markets.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:50 PM   #19
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah that's a tough one, Tweeterhead has shown some really awesome designs so it will be interesting to see what XM can do, I know XM excels at paint application and QC but I'm just hoping they can nail all the portraits. With their 1/4 scale statues it's always hit and miss on the portraits, some look realistic others cartoony, then you have an issue with heads looking to small.

hopefully XM can fix those issues with this 1/6 scale line...

Prototypez is suppose to announce a 1/6 scale Marvel line soon.... Seems the increase in 1/4 scale prices is driving companies to go after the 1/6 scale markets.
Yeah, after posting that I realized I might still go ahead and order the Tweeterhead Mr. Mxyzptlk. With these being the same scale, we actually have the option to mix and match and choose which design we like better. I'm loving this right now! I might actually get all the characters I've been waiting for like Booster Gold, Black Adam, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Captain Cold, Ted Kord Blue Beetle, and the list goes on!
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #20
slynger
Hellboy

Very cool that it's worldwide, but I was really hoping for 1/4 scale. Although, I'm fairly confident XM can pull off some great things even at the 1/6 scale.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote