Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-19-2018, 04:11 PM   #1
Augen
The Hulk

Question 2018 - Your anticipated statues

Looking ahead was curious what people are excited about in 2018. Obviously can add as new ones are announced.

Mine

1. Iron Studios - Power Girl - I don't know what it looks like yet, but she was announced as part of 4th series recently and I cannot wait to see it.

2. Kotobukiya - Supergirl - This one really nails the character for me and rare instance I am thrilled they revisited a character in a line.

3. Tweeterhead - Big Barda - Not shown yet, but announced as part of their line. This is mainly because I've wanted a Big Barda and yet DC Heroine lines I enjoy seem to skip her over.

4. Yamato - Wonder Woman PVC - A resin version already exists, but now for half the price a PVC one will be coming out and looks great.

5. Kotobukiya - Mera - Not seen either, but I love this line and have yet to be disappointed so I'm excited to add her to my collection.

6. Gotham City Garage - Supergirl - While Wonder Woman GCG was too expensive, Supergirl is coming in at lower entry point and looks great.

7. DC Core - Batgirl - This one came out of the blue and has be interested with good looking statue at a possible Bargain price, we shall see.

8. DC Bombshells - Jessica Cruz - Another great current line I've enjoyed and this one looks excellent with the police officer theme.

9. Hot Toys - Wonder Woman - This could be my first attempt at the more doll with real hair as opposed to statue with modeled hair. On the fence a bit, but it looks great so hard to ignore.

10. Gotham City Garage - Batgirl - I'l be honest, I have this pre-ordered because the price seemed impossible so I'm expecting it to be canceled and priced much higher, if not though amazing buy.

11. Yamato - Zatanna - Will see how this one turns out as looking at it or Sideshow to add to Zatannas. Also not sure if this will go resin and then PVC route Wonder Woman did.

Plenty more I could mention, I've been looking out for a large Wonder Woman and Sideshow, Prime 1, and Tweeterhead all have options, but it's hard for me to choose.

How about you, what are you looking forward to in 2018?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
Gothamite
Phoenix

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:13 PM   #3
grphyx1
Kingpin

I looking forward to watching you spend tons of money
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:17 PM   #4
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Old 01-19-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I may not get them all in fairness, but then again I may get more as I often hunt for deals online or in comic shops.

If you're worried, I'll be fine. My business is going well and the down payment on the house last year was my big savings project for years.

The funny thing is I could buy all this list and I think the Prime 1 Wonder Woman 1/2 would still be more.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #6
Augen
The Hulk

Gothamite - That Batgirl looks excellent. it and the Supergirl beside it are other "on the fence" statues for me. I do have to stop at some point.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:27 PM   #7
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I do have to stop at some point.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #8
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
I may not get them all in fairness, but then again I may get more as I often hunt for deals online or in comic shops.

If you're worried, I'll be fine. My business is going well and the down payment on the house last year was my big savings project for years.

The funny thing is I could buy all this list and I think the Prime 1 Wonder Woman 1/2 would still be more.
HA! I never worry about anyone else's addiction. You go for it.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:52 PM   #9
Heidi
Doh!

Quote:
Looking ahead was curious what people are excited about in 2018. Obviously can add as new ones are announced.

Mine

1. Iron Studios - Power Girl - I don't know what it looks like yet, but she was announced as part of 4th series recently and I cannot wait to see it.

Oohhhh, I really, really hope she's based on Amanda' Conner's version of Power Girl -- I just loved her take on PeeGee

If she is I'm definitely a buyer!
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:20 AM   #10
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
Oohhhh, I really, really hope she's based on Amanda' Conner's version of Power Girl -- I just loved her take on PeeGee

If she is I'm definitely a buyer!
Yeah, my dream piece would be a large 1:4 or 1:3 Power Girl done exactly in that style. I was told that was a place holder image so the final one likely will be different. Still, more PG is instant buy for me.