Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 09-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #321
skullsoldier
U talkin' to me?

Thanks, guys! I really wanted this piece in my collection- it's pretty much a dream to be living in a time when you can actually own your dream prop! For the record, I scored this in an amazing deal - far (far) less than retail and just couldn't pass it up. Amaze- I'll try your technique as I see it probably being the only viable method. The real question is whiter I do any customization to the some and face. I think I will most likely enjoy or as-is for a while and then see how I feel. I probably will darken the dome though.
skullsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #322
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Hi SkullSoldier

Congrats on your purchase

Did you get your ALIEN in the UK?
Cheers!
ALIEN
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #323
skullsoldier
U talkin' to me?

Got the Alien, people, and it's fabulous. It now resides in my modest theater room in Texas. Are there things I would change? Yes. However, the piece is so impressive and imposing that only we few xeno-philes would really be able to pick out the minor shortcomings. I bought this from a company that sells "novelties" and apparently had had it sitting in a warehouse for a couple of years. At retail cost, I was forced to pass on this grail due to mortgage and being a father of twins. However, whb his opportunity arose to purges the chap for less than half retail with free shipping, my gorgeous wife gave me an emphatic thumb up. At $6k, it was a steal. For what I paid, which was the same amount for my Pred Cinemaquette, it was a no brainer. Absolutely positively my favorite piece in my collection.
skullsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #324
ALIEN
Sinister Six

CONGRATULATIONS Skullsoldier!

As i mentioned before, the HCG piece works perfectly as a statue, welcome to the club!!
Now we need some pics!!! - please!!!

I've positioned my statue so its constantly viewed at an angle, ensuring those sexy back pipes are partly in view.

Lighting is also an important factor, a nice dark corner with lighting facing upwards really brings the piece to life, i used some small spotlights on the base front corners running on 12 volts.

I'm actually considering buying another statue for the other corner of the room unless someone wants to sell me a lifesize terminator T-800???

Enjoy your piece and congrats on the price!
Cheers!
ALIEN

P.S
Dont forget the pics!
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote