samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Megaman looks great.

Now please make the next one a Castlevania line
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #22
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Looks like they won't be detailing the second one for now. Given that the first was Megaman the other one must be a fairly heavy hitter too I imagine. Castlevania may still be a possibility. Or, dare I say, Metal Gear.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #23
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
I think that there are too many already making stuff for the Metal Gear license. It's too bad that they're not disclosing the second one
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #24
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Now I am pumped for the new Megaman license, however, I don't find myself too excited about the pose they went with. I get that they're going for the classic "side-scrolling" run pose but if they keep it up, all of my F4F statues are going to look like they're racing each other.

The foot sparks certainly don't help either.. *sigh*

Something more akin to this

with clear/tinted resin, a light-up blaster and light-up base would make for a much cooler pose for the titular character IMO.

They did say that the hand-on-blaster pose was being used for another classic character and that they're tackling Megaman X as well, so that's something to look forward to.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #25
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

That's not their second license. Vyse is part of their "Sega All Stars" license, which includes anyone from the racing games. This means characters like Joe Musashi, Vyse, Ulala, etc... are all possible contenders.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:14 AM   #26
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
That's not their second license. Vyse is part of their "Sega All Stars" license, which includes anyone from the racing games. This means characters like Joe Musashi, Vyse, Ulala, etc... are all possible contenders.
Oh, gotcha. I'm not a follower of that particular line so when I saw the teaser right after the Megaman picture on their Facebook, I just assumed. I'll cut the picture out of my post as to not cause any confusion.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #27
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I would love for somebody to do the Castlevania line. I don't think anybody has done a proper Castlevania statue yet
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:42 AM   #28
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post

Now I am pumped for the new Megaman license, however, I don't find myself too excited about the pose they went with. I get that they're going for the classic "side-scrolling" run pose but if they keep it up, all of my F4F statues are going to look like they're racing each other.

The foot sparks certainly don't help either.. *sigh*

Something more akin to this

with clear/tinted resin, a light-up blaster and light-up base would make for a much cooler pose for the titular character IMO.

They did say that the hand-on-blaster pose was being used for another classic character and that they're tackling Megaman X as well, so that's something to look forward to.
That's a terrible pose. No nostalgia, no memory behind it or anything.

The pose F4F have captured is so iconic, it will resonate with every purchaser. That is why I love First4Figures, as they try to encapsulate that nostalgia in all of their poses, so the buyer gets more than just a statue with their money, they also get a memory of their childhood, everytime they look at the statue.

They can save these dynamic/modern poses for another time.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #29
TheYoungWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
That's a terrible pose. No nostalgia, no memory behind it or anything.

The pose F4F have captured is so iconic, it will resonate with every purchaser. That is why I love First4Figures, as they try to encapsulate that nostalgia in all of their poses, so the buyer gets more than just a statue with their money, they also get a memory of their childhood, everytime they look at the statue.

They can save these dynamic/modern poses for another time.
In your opinion. Clearly the same does not hold true for me. I acknowledge the nostalgic factor, and can confidentially say that I don't care for it with this particular statue. If you enjoy the pose they've chosen, then that's great. I just happen to disagree with you.

Am I unreasonable in voicing my desire for something that I find more asthetically pleasing?
Old 01-14-2014, 06:30 PM   #30
Mitch07137
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Next release seems to be in the Zelda line, I hope its from the Master Arts line 1/4 scale mixed media.
Mitch07137 is offline   Reply With Quote