Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #611
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto View Post
How much did you pay with shipping ?
SpecFiction has her for $1300 + shipping. I imagine shipping on her will be around $300

For comparison retail is $809 + shipping. That said Dark Phoenix is an XM Exclusive so the only ones who could get retail are those who live in Singapore and waited in line at the conventions...

Even my connection can't get me XM Exclusives for retail, The best he could get me was $1000 + shipping. Keep in mind that US Stores like Specfiction have to buy from 3rd parties also and then put their own profit on top of that, so his price is not to bad considering all things.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #612
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
SpecFiction has her for $1300 + shipping. I imagine shipping on her will be around $300

For comparison retail is $809 + shipping. That said Dark Phoenix is an XM Exclusive so the only ones who could get retail are those who live in Singapore and waited in line at the conventions...

Even my connection can't get me XM Exclusives for retail, The best he could get me was $1000 + shipping. Keep in mind that US Stores like Specfiction have to buy from 3rd parties also and then put their own profit on top of that, so his price is not to bad considering all things.
It's $1400 if you choose the $500 deposit. Might be a deal now, but in the future that's a price that won't sustain the the collectible market. Whether 1 year or 10 years from now, you won't be able to get that back most likely.

More power to those that can and want to spend that kind of money on a statue, she is one of the nicest I have seen.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #613
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Dark Phoenix, as I understand it, was an XM exclusive NOT an XM Convention Exclusive. Meaning, she will still go up for order on their website at some point in the future.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #614
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Correct, Northern. If they have some left, she will go thru the XM website.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:40 PM   #615
goto
Mephisto

Here in europe i get mine for nearly 1630 $ from the europen dist.
I want no trouble with import duty and broken parts to get an replacement.
XM europe have an good customer service.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #616
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Def won't sustain money paid but here's food for thought. I own Namor , Venom, Hulkbuster and soon Hulk Transformation by XM. I live in Canada these are centre pieces I've chosen and don't plan on adding many more 1/4 scale. I will never ever ship these monsters out of country or even out of province for that matter. Hence paying what I needed to get one I was fine with. There is no way around massive shipping costs involved with pieces of this size. You want it pay for it.

How many Hulkbusters and Hulks will change hands in future aside from local drop offs. I'm thinking not many.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #617
built2shred
Phoenix

I imagine Hulkbuster will be like $800+ shipping lol
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #618
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It will cost almost as much as new statue to ship. I don't plan on ever shipping him again. Local pick ups only
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #619
Mal Strife
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Wow you must really want it, final cost from them could be $1750 that is steep..
He cut me a deal as a first time buyer and for paying in full up front. So even with a maxed out estimate of $400 shipping I'll come in a few Franklins below what you've guessed.... But yes, I REALLY want this statue.
Mal Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #620
Mal Strife
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I tend to agree with the other people in this thread. If you find a statue that you absolutely want and you can afford the extra overseas shipping costs, then it is worth it. This will be the centerpiece of my Phoenix collection without a doubt and will likely never leave my collection. To date, I have actually sold or traded 0 statues and I don't really plan on doing so in the future.

Money and space are always issues, so I budget for what I want. I'm fortunate to have a job where I can pick up extra shifts to afford anything that pops up outside my budget. As far as space is concerned... well, I have several statues in boxes still while I work on acquiring more Bestas, lol.

As far as collecting XM like I do SS pieces. I don't think I'll ever be able to justify that. The cost + shipping is too high for me to get as many items as I would like to. Phoenix and Emma Frost are just my two all-time favorite Marvel characters and I will not hesitate to pull the trigger if I can afford them.
Mal Strife is offline   Reply With Quote