Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-15-2022, 06:53 PM   #161
Destroyous
Justice League

This is just one of my 3 preorders for the whole year so I’ve been super selective and am still very excited to receive this behemoth. But those marks on the tire? What happened there?
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 03:43 PM   #162
Royalguard
The Avengers

Ok. Just got this guy in and right off top I feel this piece was rushed. Literally lol. I was peeling brush bristles off the piece in certain places. Production doesn’t quite meet prototype in paint department. He definitely needs to be displayed on the higher end as he’s charging forward. He is not the worst piece but he’s a solid 7 of 10 imho. Could’ve been better but when will we see another 1/4 scale rhino?
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:03 PM   #163
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalguard View Post
Ok. Just got this guy in and right off top I feel this piece was rushed. Literally lol. I was peeling brush bristles off the piece in certain places. Production doesn?t quite meet prototype in paint department. He definitely needs to be displayed on the higher end as he?s charging forward. He is not the worst piece but he?s a solid 7 of 10 imho. Could?ve been better but when will we see another 1/4 scale rhino?
Broken off paint bristles is par for the course for XM.

I get a ton of them I have to carefully brush off on every single piece I buy... It's hella annoying but at the end of the day, not too terrible as they usually come up pretty quick with a fine cosmetic/makeup brush. That's what I usually use to clean it up.... Hopefully you can do the same.

But yeah, expect that on pretty much everything you buy from them.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:20 PM   #164
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Broken off paint bristles is par for the course for XM.

I get a ton of them I have to carefully brush off on every single piece I buy... It's hella annoying but at the end of the day, not too terrible as they usually come up pretty quick with a fine cosmetic/makeup brush. That's what I usually use to clean it up.... Hopefully you can do the same.

But yeah, expect that on pretty much everything you buy from them.
Not my first or won’t be my last from XM. These bristles were literally stuck to the piece I had to use tweezers in hard to reach spots to yank them from the piece. I got it cleaned up though. The biggest problem is the actual paint job itself. The bristle’s were just a nuisance.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:38 PM   #165
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Not my first or won?t be my last from XM. These bristles were literally stuck to the piece I had to use tweezers in hard to reach spots to yank them from the piece. I got it cleaned up though. The biggest problem is the actual paint job itself. The bristle?s were just a nuisance.
I've had the same problem with all my XM pieces lately. Really sorry to hear about the paint app, I was very much worried about that when they moved to their new, ultra aggressive schedule.

My Beast was much the same, the paint app was really under par. I'm still overall happy with the piece but you can see the rush job and at these prices, should not be the case.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:26 PM   #166
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I've had the same problem with all my XM pieces lately. Really sorry to hear about the paint app, I was very much worried about that when they moved to their new, ultra aggressive schedule.

My Beast was much the same, the paint app was really under par. I'm still overall happy with the piece but you can see the rush job and at these prices, should not be the case.
100% correct. I’m waiting for my Beast to ship as we (type) appreciate the heads up to keep my expectations of the paint in check for that one. My sentiments are the same regarding rhino. I love him but the waisted potential is there.
Old 01-18-2022, 06:32 AM   #167
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Ok. Just got this guy in and right off top I feel this piece was rushed. Literally lol. I was peeling brush bristles off the piece in certain places. Production doesn?t quite meet prototype in paint department. He definitely needs to be displayed on the higher end as he?s charging forward. He is not the worst piece but he?s a solid 7 of 10 imho. Could?ve been better but when will we see another 1/4 scale rhino?
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this opinion in the end, feels less lonely. Indeed, the paint job looks rushed as hell.

And I got some of brush bristles trapped inside the paint too, definitively more than usual.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:07 AM   #168
Three-Seven
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

First time poster. Here's Rhino with the Sinister Six. The paint app on the Rhino and the cab is well done. This Rhino is a home run! Any tips on how to properly upload images? I'm still trying to learn my way around the forum so forgive me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XMRHINO LEFT.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	145815   Click image for larger version

Name:	XMRHINO RIGHT ii email.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	959.4 KB
ID:	145819   Click image for larger version

Name:	XM RHINO FRONT.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	400.1 KB
ID:	145820   Click image for larger version

Name:	XM SINISTER 6.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	145821  
Three-Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 09:11 AM   #169
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three-Seven View Post
First time poster. Here's Rhino with the Sinister Six. The paint app on the Rhino and the cab is well done. This Rhino is a home run! Any tips on how to properly upload images? I'm still trying to learn my way around the forum so forgive me.
Welcome to the forum. Nice setup.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:25 AM   #170
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Here are a few comparisons with the Sideshow piece, courtesy of Mike Boyle from facebook.

Based on these photos, I think both are fantastic Rhinos. I prefer the base on the XM piece, but the Rhino of the Comiquette.

I still feel that XM's portrait is too small, but I also prefer the look of the Rhino from the early days of Spider-man.

GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote