Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-13-2021, 03:28 AM   #71
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFiniteMage111 View Post
Looks like there was a restock its back up to 209.
Quote:
Just checked now and it says 206, so 3 less than what I saw earlier now.
Should be correct,bcs it has 199 pcs in USA
and amount in Europe is 613 pcs atm.
(EU was 651) so there are enough ppl who don't vote with their wallet.
Around 100 statues in two days.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:00 AM   #72
Manituan
Doh!

Since Fanatics took over the price of the resin statues has been proportionate to the volume of the statue.
If you divide the statue's price by its volume you'll get a similar ratio for at least Illidan, Lilith, Thrall and now Arthas. Arthas is huge in comparison and I think it's their first 1/4 statue or maybe they went for a gigantic 1/5 Arthas, from the games.

The fair retail price is 70% of the announced price. But they play with the impatience of the consumers. This is a practice I loathe.

Discounted price is not that bad if you take into account the quality of the pieces and their size. What I don't quite like is that they aren't consistent with the scale, statues aren't numbered, don't have switch outs and their customer service is lacking.

Regarding Arthas, the only flaw I see is that the sword takes too much space and it's difficult to display. Everything else I like.
Manituan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:47 PM   #73
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like the Sideshow Lich King better. I think the new one has better sculpt. But the concept is not mine. Imagine the Sideshow Lich King with the same scale and level of detail like this new Lich King. The new one has much much better head sculpt too.

The new one here probably has more and finer details than the one from Sideshow back then (which I think is good) but the concept is boring. More like a costum statue. As with Thrall, this Lich King has little Warcraft feel to it. Strangely, I liked Illidan and Sylvanas and also Proudmoore better although they were a lot cheaper. They just had more of a Warcraft feeling.

What seems to me to be very good about the new Lich King is that the details are very finely worked out. I felt that with Thrall too. More and finer details are mostly good. But for me they have boring designs and and the color is too pale.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:18 PM   #74
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolos View Post
I like the Sideshow Lich King better. I think the new one has better sculpt. But the concept is not mine. Imagine the Sideshow Lich King with the same scale and level of detail like this new Lich King. The new one has much much better head sculpt too.

The new one here probably has more and finer details than the one from Sideshow back then (which I think is good) but the concept is boring. More like a costum statue. As with Thrall, this Lich King has little Warcraft feel to it. Strangely, I liked Illidan and Sylvanas and also Proudmoore better although they were a lot cheaper. They just had more of a Warcraft feeling.

What seems to me to be very good about the new Lich King is that the details are very finely worked out. I felt that with Thrall too. More and finer details are mostly good. But for me they have boring designs and and the color is too pale.
I'm getting the new Lich King only because I sold off my SS piece. I'm glad no light up feature in the new one. I loved the pose and base on SS's. It reminded me of him lumbering after your party in Halls of Reflection. The electrical issues surrounding him at release soured on me after a while. I got a good one but if that electrical ever went as it aged I don't know what I would have done. I also didn't care that the whole piece was just black with Snow Baby glitter on it. His armor has so many different details and tones I felt it got lost.

As with this piece I don't think it was necessary for Blizz to do one. I would have preferred Bolvar seeing as he's the poster boy of this expansion and I love his scarred texturing and that mace he has.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:06 PM   #75
twstd

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I'm getting the new Lich King only because I sold off my SS piece. I'm glad no light up feature in the new one. I loved the pose and base on SS's. It reminded me of him lumbering after your party in Halls of Reflection. The electrical issues surrounding him at release soured on me after a while. I got a good one but if that electrical ever went as it aged I don't know what I would have done. I also didn't care that the whole piece was just black with Snow Baby glitter on it. His armor has so many different details and tones I felt it got lost.

As with this piece I don't think it was necessary for Blizz to do one. I would have preferred Bolvar seeing as he's the poster boy of this expansion and I love his scarred texturing and that mace he has.
You gotta think of the overall Warcraft fandom. I don't even know who Bolvar is as I played WC3 and WoW up till Cata. LK is there biggest boy in terms of fan reach. He's the Venom of Warcraft. it's actually mind blowing they only did him now. Any newer chars you're only targeting that audience, you make characters that are from the RTS games and earlier WoW and you target the largest pool of fans.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:25 PM   #76
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
You gotta think of the overall Warcraft fandom. I don't even know who Bolvar is as I played WC3 and WoW up till Cata. LK is there biggest boy in terms of fan reach. He's the Venom of Warcraft. it's actually mind blowing they only did him now. Any newer chars you're only targeting that audience, you make characters that are from the RTS games and earlier WoW and you target the largest pool of fans.
Wrath is your biggest fandom and you don't know who Bolvar is??
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:17 PM   #77
NFiniteMage111
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post

Oh, it was very necessary for them to do this one.
Many fans did not get a chance to have the SS Lich King (me included). He's the most popular and recognizable character. It's also been quite some time since the SS one came out.
That would leave MANY fans to never have a new official Lich King statue and no way am I going to pay $2000 on ebay for a used and originally $350 piece.

Whatever this anniversary vault means, if they're going to release more statues (I hope so), then it has no relevance to the current games that are out now which is great because there are a LOT of hero's from Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo that would be awesome to see made.
NFiniteMage111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 06:07 AM   #78
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Oh, it was very necessary for them to do this one.
Many fans did not get a chance to have the SS Lich King (me included). He's the most popular and recognizable character. It's also been quite some time since the SS one came out.
That would leave MANY fans to never have a new official Lich King statue and no way am I going to pay $2000 on ebay for a used and originally $350 piece.

Whatever this anniversary vault means, if they're going to release more statues (I hope so), then it has no relevance to the current games that are out now which is great because there are a LOT of hero's from Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo that would be awesome to see made.
I pretty much agree with all this. I as well thought Bolvar would be next to help sell the current WoW Expansion, but after thinking about it, this makes a lot more sense. Why do a half lich king, when you can do the real lich king... I like Bolvar and without, the helmet, he does almost have a sense of his own unique appearance, but it still just screams Lich King, and we all know who the real Lich King was.

I didn't have a chance to get the last Lich King statue, so that line of of thinking adds up to my own. I just do plan waiting for a deal for me to get this. After some time of thinking of it, I think the only negative besides the price, is that I wish this piece had some kind of ice elemental base, but still with the undead minions around it. I really like the crowded undead idea and it sells the army of the dead idea well, kind of like Game of Thrones/ The Night King, but I do think the ice/elemental presence is key to the character as well. I just wish it was in there to some extent.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:34 PM   #79
twstd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
Wrath is your biggest fandom and you don't know who Bolvar is??
Oh ya he's the guy that takes over sitting in a chair I actually forgot about that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
I pretty much agree with all this. I as well thought Bolvar would be next to help sell the current WoW Expansion, but after thinking about it, this makes a lot more sense. Why do a half lich king, when you can do the real lich king... I like Bolvar and without, the helmet, he does almost have a sense of his own unique appearance, but it still just screams Lich King, and we all know who the real Lich King was.

I didn't have a chance to get the last Lich King statue, so that line of of thinking adds up to my own. I just do plan waiting for a deal for me to get this. After some time of thinking of it, I think the only negative besides the price, is that I wish this piece had some kind of ice elemental base, but still with the undead minions around it. I really like the crowded undead idea and it sells the army of the dead idea well, kind of like Game of Thrones/ The Night King, but I do think the ice/elemental presence is key to the character as well. I just wish it was in there to some extent.
I was thinking the same thing. It would look so much better if they replaced the rocks with ice to add a nice amount of teal/blue that would really pop. It's a shame but at least the base is interesting and cool design wise.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:54 PM   #80
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

yeah agreed. I don't like the base.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote