Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-09-2020, 10:21 AM   #81
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Kinda shocked its 1250, i expected less. But i'm sure SS didn't expect it to be this low being its last 12 Days of SS reveal. IMO it's funny that they thought this was a show closer and got the most negative feedback.

Regardless, most fans will end up purchasing 2, so it will sell out.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:48 PM   #82
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Kinda shocked its 1250, i expected less. But i'm sure SS didn't expect it to be this low being its last 12 Days of SS reveal. IMO it's funny that they thought this was a show closer and got the most negative feedback.

I wonder if the ES is even 1250 because most collectors preordered two due to their setups. So really the ES could have been closer to 650 or 700 if it was more of a stand alone character. Just a thought.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:38 PM   #83
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post

Yeah, it deserves the bad feedback. I just can't grasp how it's worth that amount of money. It's essentially just a head on top of red fabric.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #84
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
Yeah, it deserves the bad feedback. I just can't grasp how it's worth that amount of money. It's essentially just a head on top of red fabric.
Personally, I like the piece. Its simple, but at the same time it captures the Royal Guard. I like how the colors pop and the base does its job

I'd like to get this, but can't get behind the $500 price tag
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:12 PM   #85
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
I don't like to just be a hater, It did deserve bad feedback, but hopefully SS takes note on where it missed the mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Personally, I like the piece. Its simple, but at the same time it captures the Royal Guard. I like how the colors pop and the base does its job

I'd like to get this, but can't get behind the $500 price tag
That's cool glad you like it, but i can see why you don't see it justifies the $500 price tag. Sideshow is going to have blunders, to me this is one of them.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:22 PM   #86
craigcliff1
Zot

SSC had to renew this license and I would think wasn't cheap they have make big ES. This is witnin the ES SSC use to do mostly about 500 to about 1500.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:53 AM   #87
Swaper
Frackin!

Does anyone know what the Emperor EX ES was?
I have the CE and that was 1000.
They may have based the ES of the Emperor.
Swaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:39 AM   #88
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaper View Post
Does anyone know what the Emperor EX ES was?
I have the CE and that was 1000.
They may have based the ES of the Emperor.
500 for the exclusive, so 1500 total.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 12:08 AM   #89
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I will agree that this price is ludicrous. I will also say that all the prices are ludicrous. Aside from price, the duties and shipping to me up here in Canada are insane.

If SS wants to keep this hobby alive, they’re going to have to re evaluate their pricing strategy. That’s if they make it through this garbage pandemic situation.

This hobby needs to be made accessible. There are outstanding pieces where I can understand a greater price tag. This is my expectation for the maquette lines. This is not it. This is a simple low-cost-to-produce non-complex fabric covered b-list character (sorta) statue which could go from PO to shipping in a couple months. I think SS could have made a lot of collectors happy by pricing this guy aggressively to put a simple character on the shelves of happy buyers during this time.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:27 AM   #90
built2shred
Phoenix

With the Virus I thought for sure we would have seen a slow down of statues and perhaps some price drops but it seems business as usually so far...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote