Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'll give a fair review of SS vs XM

THEY BOTH SUCK !!!
That settles it... hahahahha
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:51 PM   #762
Peedi
The Secret Six

These threads turn into XM vs SS debates so much because we have actual choices now. I know it bothers people but if you have 2 of a character and have to decide which one you want, naturally it will cause debate and conversation. It’s funny some people choose to be bothered by this. We choose between cars, phones, video game systems, computers, etc...statues are no different in that regard.

Several XM pieces I like more than SS’s versions... Sabretooth, Emma Frost, Mystique...but I choose SS Cyclops and Colossus all day. The “simplistic” or “less detailed” designs are part of what makes them better to me. The original costumes are pretty basic. I just like sticking close to comic designs for the most part. A bunch of extra flair on the costumes just for the sake of extra flair isn’t appealing to me, and XM Cyclops has some ugly design choices (visor, X belt) but to each their own.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:55 PM   #763
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'll give a fair review of SS vs XM

THEY BOTH SUCK !!!
LOL

Neither nails it. I wish I could mix the 2 and I’d have SS’s sculpt with XM’s pose.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:45 AM   #764
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I personally like both XM and SS creative outlook on the statue. But I tell you what, if I see another statue made out of the Jim Lee version of Cyclops I will be Where is the John Byrne look!?

wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 03:22 PM   #765
Khufu
Mephisto

I know there has been some interesting back and forth about this statue and the XM version, but I have to say I'm really happy with the Sideshow version. I'm mostly an XM collector, but something about their version didn't feel right to me. The belt buckle was the main thing I didn't like.

I actually like the more "plain" looking Sideshow version for a character like this. It's actually a bit more detailed than pictures show. Not texture per say but the lines, etc... I wasn't and still not a fan of the snow base, but the XM base was boring imo too. It really came down to cost more than anything. I'm not a huge Cyclops fan so the Sideshow version won out for me.

I think it looks great with my XM Phoenix. I think the XM version probably would have made Phoenix look a bit more dated/plain.

As collectors, its great to have options.

Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:34 PM   #766
built2shred
Phoenix

Looks like he's in a wind tunnel screaming ... it's a bummer the serious portrait came out looking like a sad face...

I will say that Jean looks great next to him... They both look like they jumped out of a comic book
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:04 PM   #767
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
I know there has been some interesting back and forth about this statue and the XM version, but I have to say I'm really happy with the Sideshow version. I'm mostly an XM collector, but something about their version didn't feel right to me. The belt buckle was the main thing I didn't like.

I actually like the more "plain" looking Sideshow version for a character like this. It's actually a bit more detailed than pictures show. Not texture per say but the lines, etc... I wasn't and still not a fan of the snow base, but the XM base was boring imo too. It really came down to cost more than anything. I'm not a huge Cyclops fan so the Sideshow version won out for me.

I think it looks great with my XM Phoenix. I think the XM version probably would have made Phoenix look a bit more dated/plain.

As collectors, its great to have options.

Very nice!

You have great taste, sir. On both the SSC Cyclops and XM Phoenix. I have XM Phoenix and SSC Jean waiting for Scott to arrive, myself.

Now if I ever get a classic Byrne Cyclops, then it'll be Phoenix with Byrne Cykes. And then Jim Lee Jean with Jim Lee Cykes.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:30 PM   #768
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I'll take my Cyclops in the IS Sentinel dio....

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:41 AM   #769
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

Is that antman? just kidding
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:45 AM   #770
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

As part of the X-Men dio, it looks good, but as a standalone piece, the pose is terrible and looks very strange. Still waiting on my SS piece to ship from the vendor I used. Although I do wish the SS piece was a more museum pose instead of so bent over, I do think I will love this when I have it in hand.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote