Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-13-2019, 11:49 AM   #781
BurningRage
Inhumans

Finally opened mine. Paint is sloppy on the logo, belt and hair outline. Foot doesn’t go flush in the base. Cape is harder to attach to the regular head. Mine is the first where the yellow circle on the logo wasn’t painted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E42B8760-6DD1-422F-A445-8994CB453582.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	120015   Click image for larger version

Name:	714BC96F-AB4B-448D-93A9-496988574BF6.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	120016   Click image for larger version

Name:	171D0434-0B9F-467F-A3C7-FAD2F85F20B5.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	120017  
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:14 PM   #782
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Opened mine yesterday too. First, let me say that this is a fantastic piece and I really like it, but I have the same QC issues that have already been brought up. The cape not fitting on the right shoulder and the paint bleed on the belt buckle are the most prominent. The cape bothers me the most because the cast does not match the design we were shown (pointed edges vs. flat edges). I have a few nitpicks with the paint here and there, like with the edges of the emblem, but I can live with those. I'm glad Chad is going all out to correct this - a truly stand up guy. Honesty and accountability are hard to come by these days. I love this company and I still stand behind their products because these are very fixable issues and when all is said and done, this will be one incredible piece to display.

Name:	Superman1.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	120025

Name:	Superman2.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	120026

Name:	Superman3.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	120027
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:35 PM   #783
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

My cape seems worse than the pics I've seen in this thread - the only thing keeping it up is the left leg, otherwise it seems like it would slide right off. The "point" on the capes don't come close to reaching the shirt.

Given that there is no magnet in the back socket and it's not really even that deep, it seems like the design is relying on a tight fit between the cape and the neck in order to stay in position. That tight fit does not exist for me.... maybe I'm not helping it by putting a sliver of plastic between the cape and neck to try and prevent scraping while I mess with it. I can get it to go closer to where everyone else in this thread has it, then it just slides right on back. Maybe it really does need some friction between the cape and the neck.

The cape issue notwithstanding, when I look at it from a distance with the other Super Powers statues, I think it's going to look really great when the replacement arrives.

BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:14 PM   #784
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
My cape seems worse than the pics I've seen in this thread - the only thing keeping it up is the left leg, otherwise it seems like it would slide right off. The "point" on the capes don't come close to reaching the shirt.

Given that there is no magnet in the back socket and it's not really even that deep, it seems like the design is relying on a tight fit between the cape and the neck in order to stay in position. That tight fit does not exist for me.... maybe I'm not helping it by putting a sliver of plastic between the cape and neck to try and prevent scraping while I mess with it. I can get it to go closer to where everyone else in this thread has it, then it just slides right on back. Maybe it really does need some friction between the cape and the neck.
Probably why some companies opt for fabric capes when a statue is 1/6-scale or larger.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #785
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Probably why some companies opt for fabric capes when a statue is 1/6-scale or larger.
I love sculpted cape just seems like it might be harder to execute than thought
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:31 PM   #786
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
I love sculpted cape just seems like it might be harder to execute than thought
I was looking at a 1/6-scale Batman statue with a massive sculpted cape. Sure enough, the cape snapped off due to being so heavy. It's too bad bc the rest of the statue was mint.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:01 PM   #787
built2shred
Phoenix

I rather they used PVC for the capes then fabric...

Companies should use what XM is using for capes like Moon Rider... Seems the material is flexible and light weight.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:13 PM   #788
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I rather they used PVC for the capes then fabric...

Companies should use what XM is using for capes like Moon Rider... Seems the material is flexible and light weight.
I agree-I hate mixed media statues. If there are issues with capes I do not understand why companies would not use lightweight materials for them.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:17 PM   #789
Gothamite
Phoenix

Um...a PVC cape on a resin statue is mixed media.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:22 PM   #790
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

sorry, I should have clarified I do not like mixed media when fabric is involved
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote