Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 12-22-2016, 12:06 AM   #231
dao2
Cyclops

GH is definitely not more expensive. Also they're very closely related iirc :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:23 AM   #232
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
I contacted Gaming Heads on the matter. Its gonna take them a few weeks to get it all sorted out because the statue was just released.

We'll have to wait and see what happens....but this first wave seems to be a bad batch from what everyone has been posting thus far.
There have been good ones as well (like ours). Unsatisfied people are always more vocal than satisfied ones...
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:25 AM   #233
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Also they're very closely related iirc :P
Actually, they're not anymore
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:04 AM   #234
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
There have been good ones as well (like ours). Unsatisfied people are always more vocal than satisfied ones...
Well, here's the thing, those "more vocal" unsatisfied people have posted evidence of their problems for everyone to see.

So, as someone who has (supposedly) received a good unit, why not post pictures and give the whole story some balance?

I often see apologists and fan boys using this excuse - "unsatisfied people are always the most vocal" - as if the media platform somehow shuts out any positive counter claims. Well, here is your chance to show us what a good Tali looks like.

I can't wait to see the photos.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #235
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
GH is definitely not more expensive. Also they're very closely related iirc :P
As I said, their prices are in-line with each other. Most things they do tend to run parallel; such as factories used, packaging, website templets, switch to rewards point system, statue scales, prices, etc. When I added "if not more expensive", I was referencing the $600+ statues Gaming Heads has for sale, where as F4Fs just broke the $500 barrier with their Dark Souls line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Well, here's the thing, those "more vocal" unsatisfied people have posted evidence of their problems for everyone to see.

So, as someone who has (supposedly) received a good unit, why not post pictures and give the whole story some balance?
So whenever someone on Gaming Heads Collective praises their statue and posts pictures of the "good" unit, all I see are the same defects. Even from a distance on a crappy camera you can see the red and white paint smudges. Really, there only seems to be bad and not as bad, I've yet to see an actual good one.
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:08 AM   #236
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBF View Post
So whenever someone on Gaming Heads Collective praises their statue and posts pictures of the "good" unit, all I see are the same defects. Even from a distance on a crappy camera you can see the red and white paint smudges. Really, there only seems to be bad and not as bad, I've yet to see an actual good one.
This doesn't surprise me at all. I think this is why the argument that the unsatisfied customers are the most vocal is normally wheeled out by fan boys and company apologists. Sure, we all have different tolerance levels for what can be classed as a failure, but seeing these Tali statues, it's hard to find any redeeming aspect of the poorly painted areas.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #237
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I don't think either GH or F4F are expensive at all, in fact F4F constantly surprise me with low prices, like One Punch Man at $350 and Pacman at $200 and that's before you use the coupon codes. GH have some good pieces at decent prices but when you see lackluster pieces like the Fallout Power Armour at $600, it's not the price that's a problem it's the quality of the piece, the big daddy at $600 on the other hand looks great.

The difference is F4F are consistently putting out amazing products with fantastic paints and fantastic QC, GamingHeads on the other hand are all over the place, they have some decent pieces like Kratos on Throne to god awful pieces like the The Keeper from Evil Within.

I won't ever buy another GH piece until i see in hand pics.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:31 PM   #238
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I don't think either GH or F4F are expensive at all, in fact F4F constantly surprise me with low prices, like One Punch Man at $350 and Pacman at $200 and that's before you use the coupon codes. GH have some good pieces at decent prices but when you see lackluster pieces like the Fallout Power Armour at $600, it's not the price that's a problem it's the quality of the piece, the big daddy at $600 on the other hand looks great.

The difference is F4F are consistently putting out amazing products with fantastic paints and fantastic QC, GamingHeads on the other hand are all over the place, they have some decent pieces like Kratos on Throne to god awful pieces like the The Keeper from Evil Within.

I won't ever buy another GH piece until i see in hand pics.
That's a disservice to GH in this regard. Kratos is STELLAR!!!! I can't find one blemish...scraggly painted line...uneven paint...nothing. I swear a computer in 2099 painted this up. Perfection!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #239
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBF View Post
I was referencing the $600+ statues Gaming Heads has for sale, where as F4Fs just broke the $500 barrier with their Dark Souls line.
Ah ok, yeah GH has done bigger stuff ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
Actually, they're not anymore
what happened ?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #240
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
That's a disservice to GH in this regard. Kratos is STELLAR!!!! I can't find one blemish...scraggly painted line...uneven paint...nothing. I swear a computer in 2099 painted this up. Perfection!
Meanwhile, back in Gotham city, hundreds of lemmings threw themselves off the clocktower because they invested in Tali......