Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #21
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
True enough re: Keanu, but he really does a great job in this role. Nothing about Halle Berry gets me thinking she’d be good in a predominately action based role. She was God awful as Storm in the X-Men films.
Yeah, fair point. I could see her coming off as corny in the action bits, but I have faith. The choreography has been top-notch so far.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #22
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
From like 20 years ago? That's a hell of a long time to hold a grudge. Remind me never to cross you.

No no I liked Bulworth but that was the last time she was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Just eye candy to me.
she's not good at much else.

Like with Keanu, as with nearly all actors, it's about the role fitting the actor. I really don't believe in acting as an acquired skill, I mainly believe in roles that match a person's certain natural personality traits as perceived by the audience.

Keanu totally works in Bill & Ted and for for John Wick he's basically tapping his Johnny Mnemonic, too serious it's silly action movie vein, with the benefit of added experience over the years.

Halle Berry, on the other hand, in anything other than an endangered sex kitten role comes across as horribly forced and strained to me and her time to even fulfill that role ended at Bulworth for me.

I don't consider 51 year olds as valid eye candy no matter how well they've held up when there's millions of 20 somethings that could serve the same purpose.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:22 PM   #23
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Like with Keanu, as with nearly all actors, it's about the role fitting the actor. I really don't believe in acting as an acquired skill, I mainly believe in roles that match a person's certain natural personality traits as perceived by the audience.

Keanu totally works in Bill & Ted and for for John Wick he's basically tapping his Johnny Mnemonic, too serious it's silly action movie vein, with the benefit of added experience over the years.

Halle Berry, on the other hand, in anything other than an endangered sex kitten role comes across as horribly forced and strained to me and her time to even fulfill that role ended at Bulworth for me.

I don't consider 51 year olds as valid eye candy no matter how well they've held up when there's millions of 20 somethings that could serve the same purpose.

Are you 20 something? When you get past 50, the nice looking 50 year old's don't look too bad. It's all about perspective.

But, your point is well taken for movies. Hollywood is typically looking for the 20 something fashion model babes, not the nice looking 50 year old plus ladies.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:38 PM   #24
biglebowski9999

Quote:

That's kind of the point. It's easy to look hot in your 20s, millions do and there is nothing special about them. To look the way she does at 51 puts her in the top .01% of her age group and frankly she's still hotter than 95% of women of any age IMO.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:16 PM   #25
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yeah for me much past 30 becomes more like licorice and Hollywood usually reserves the girls I do like to look at for disposable movies like comedies and high school flicks.

Usually that is for an actress better at/more fitting to the acting of the role which I get but this doesn't really apply with Halle Berry especially here whom I have found of little merit past her aforementioned type casting. So just trumpeting that she hasn't totally lost it all at 51 doesn't justify her use.

I find any average girl shown during a college football game more attractive than current Halle Berry though I watched Bulworth back in the day just because I thought she looked so smoking in it.
And I've joined the 3-O club but truly Matthew McConaughey's wisdom has proven true for me.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #26
Philintheblank

^ I take it you mean the ol' pervert "the older I get" line...lol. It's all preference when it comes down to it. I like older women that have aged well...I might not always find them as physically attractive as their younger counterparts, but with that age comes experience and I often find them sexier because of it. I still think she's smoking and the added experience of her age gives her something more than what a lot of the little starlets can offer. ...as far as sexy goes.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #27
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

So you would turn her down to bed QZ?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:02 PM   #28
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

20’s year old college girls are fun and all, but they are no match for a hot mature woman who knows her way around. If you know what I’m sayin...
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:51 PM   #29
built2shred
Phoenix

If your playing an eye candy role in a movie anything over 25 is considered old in Hollywood... Not saying that Halley Barry isn't still good looking because she is, she's just to old for eye candy roles which makes me think she's probably playing the villain..

Now that were living in a PC Hollywood, women are going to get a lot more lead roles and villain roles in action movies.... I think some will be huge hits but I think most will fail.. When it comes to action movies I don't think it's going to be easy to replace actors like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone with 110 lb female actors... Can you imagine a 105 lb female model playing Bruce Willis part in Die Hard.... wouldn't be the same... But PC Hollywood is going to give it a shot....

I wonder when male actors will be given their shot at redoing Steal Magnolias with an all male cast
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:44 AM   #30
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
So you would turn her down to bed QZ?
On just a physical notion? I don't think I've ever been physically attracted to anyone over 35.

A friend of mine always say he "has no mercy on fat but you, you have no mercy on old"

EDIT Oh yeah I used to think Kristin Davis was hot back in 2005 on Sex & the City, I think she was 40 then.
That time has definitely passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If your playing an eye candy role in a movie anything over 25 is considered old in Hollywood... Not saying that Halley Barry isn't still good looking because she is, she's just to old for eye candy roles which makes me think she's probably playing the villain..
I think she'll be playing a villain too which makes her selection all the more frustrating. I' much rather have an actress that was lauded for her acting than Halle Berry.
I can't really think of any actresses 35-55 on the caliber of a Glenn Close, Maryl Streep, or even Bette Midler that didn't have roles that relied on their looks in their younger years.