Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 02-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #31
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Keep a close eye on your local Target this Sunday. I lucked into snagging one today from mine as they were rolling a bunch into the stockroom so they'll have it when this Sunday's(3/4/07) paper ads come out.

And here's the DCPI (stock#) of the Wii's if anyone is interested - 207250001. If your Target has those price check machines that are on the aisles and actually has the numbed buttons you can manually enter in the DCPI to see if they have it available.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #32
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatial.Archite View Post
They are fun, but it's easy to wear yourself down after a few rounds of Wii boxing. The only downside is that you can burn through batteries fairly fast. Nyko recently put out a charging station with two sets of batteries that I might give a try.

The most help I can offer is posting in here when your local Wal-Marts should have them in stock. There's always a dedicated stock for items in the flyers.
Nintendo is actually putting out a rechargeable battery pack much like the 360s where you won't have to waste batteries but just simply holster the controller on the charger since it will be lithium based I believe.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:05 AM   #33
Spatial.Archite
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Nintendo is actually putting out a rechargeable battery pack much like the 360s where you won't have to waste batteries but just simply holster the controller on the charger since it will be lithium based I believe.
Hmm, is it an officially licensed Nintendo product? If so I'd much rather wait for that, I know a lot of third-party hardware companies are putting out rechargeable batteries and docks, but I'd much rather get one from Nintendo. Their build quality is worlds above third-party companies.
Spatial.Archite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #34
Ghost

Definitely. I saw someone talk about it in one of my videos, I'll have to look it up right quick to make sure. All I know is that it's not rechargeable batteries but a pack itself like the 360s pack that you put on the quick charge kit. I'll look for any info right now.

***Ah ok the ones I saw were 2 different ones. One by Joytech and another unnamed one that does good thirdparty too but I can't remember the name. One is the powerstation and it can recharge using the USB port from the Wii and the other one is just a charge pack that has a USB port in the back of it to simply plug in anywhere. Nintendo said they didn't want to do that at the beginning but as a separate accessory they're thinking about releasing their own.***
Old 03-02-2007, 10:41 AM   #35
tuv1305
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Finally got my wifi connector set up today and I'm currently typing this from the living room Wii. PITA yet amusing in its new-ness.
tuv1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #36
Ghost

Haha it is fun for a while isn't it Tuv? Have you checked out the News Channel yet? You should definitely try it as well as the Internet one. It would be niced if they released a wireless keyboard for it, then it would be perfect for it.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #37
tuv1305
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Yeah I was actually surprised how many interesting articles I ended up finding on the news channel. You can tell the internet one still has some issues to be ironed out but for the most part it's pretty cool. The forum and Bowen's site were two of the first I tried; the forum to see how easy it'd be to read and BD's because, well, how often do you get to see a statue on a 60" screen?

I agree, pretty much the only thing missing is a wireless keyboard and the Wii would make for a great alternative to sitting at the computer.
tuv1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #38
Spatial.Archite
U talkin' to me?

It'd actually be a perfect setup for living room internet browsing to simply get a keyboard that hooks right into the Wii remote. Nintendo could be clever in marketing it (as they are with everything associated with Wii) and call it Kii-Board. The combination of a keyboard and a Wii remote would be the best option I can imagine for living room web-browsing.

The browser works pretty well, especially since it's in beta... just not something to do much typing in.
Spatial.Archite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:09 PM   #39
Tommy Allison
Sculptor
Sculptor

My search for a Wii is officially OVER. Krypton Knight has hooked me up. I told him to hold off shipping it to me, until I get my work done.

So, thanks KK, you've made my month.

Check Out My Blog at....

http://madrobotstudios.blogspot.com

My portfolio is...

http://www.comicspace.com/madrobotommy
Tommy Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #40
Tommy Allison
Sculptor
Sculptor

Oh, and thanks to all the guys who looked for me, and pmed me. It's appreciated. If there's anything you guys are looking for, let me know.

Check Out My Blog at....

http://madrobotstudios.blogspot.com

My portfolio is...

http://www.comicspace.com/madrobotommy
Tommy Allison is offline   Reply With Quote