Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Honestly, I find rumble and the six-axis really gimmicky. Rumble has never added to my gameplay experience, except in maybe one or two games that were specifically designed to have a feature involving it (Metal Gear, for instance). In all other games, the controller vibrating hasn't made me feel like I'm having even the slightest bit more fun.

Six-axis is just as bad. The fact that you now have to thrash your controller around like some kid from an 8-bit Nintendo commercial makes me feel like a retard. No, I DON'T want to shake the controller like an epilepsy victim just because Galactus grabbed me in Ultimate Alliance. I'd rather him just eat me. There's going to be a couple of racing/flying games that's going to take really good advantage of it, but other than that it's going to be another Sony Symphony of Missed Opportunities.

Remember the HDD and all the amazing things it was supposed to do? It ended up only being necessary for FFXI and a couple of SOCOM maps. And you couldn't even use it on the slimline models. It ended up only being really useful for game pirating. And remember the PSX? Damn, I wanted one of those, but alas, no stateside release because it was too expensive and didn't end up doing all the stuff they talked about. As a matter of fact, the PSX is a lot like the PS3. Overpriced, same menu system, HDD, flash memory stick usage. Like an experiment that birthed its foul spawn, the PS3. I hope FF13, Makai Wars and the few other exclusive games they're getting are amazingly epic. I can't think of another reason to pick one up.

And yes, I know that the PS3 is a bargain for a Blu-Ray DVD player. Unfortunately, I don't have the kind of home theater system that can take advantage of that kind of picture and sound. No 1080i resolution TV or high-definition sound here. So ultimately, the Blu-Ray format AND the Blu-Ray DVD player in the PS3 are worthless to me. The PS3 is a game system, despite Sony's constant efforts to make their system home entertainment hubs. They've pushed Blu-ray on us before it was decently priced, and they're not going to go down on the PS3 price. Now there's BR DVD players coming out for near the price of a PS3. If they had waited, we probably wouldn't be paying so much and they probably wouldn't be losing so much per system. The hype was already ridiculous, they could have rode that out for another 6 months to a year. Then we could have had a slightly cheaper PS3 (maybe matching the 360 price point), more games at launch (also better games) and they could have easily kept the hype machine rolling along.

Just my opinion. I'm just really fed up with Sony at the moment. They're not giving me any reason to even consider buying their system. Wow, I really went off. That's my writing for the day...
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote