Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #11
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
I'm agreeing with you way too much lately. The DS did nothing for me but in all fairness I'm don't really know anything about it. We've got a mess of Gameboy SPs around the house and this one didn't seem that much of a leap. Give me my PSP!

Haha, a mess of SPs that's great! Zurb if I could, I'd let you borrow mine, just to make you a believer! If you've ever get a chance to stop by a Gamestop, Best Buy or whatever check out the display, (if it hasn't been destroyed by millions of kids yet) and check it out. You'll be surprised.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #12
valemeister
Cranky Octopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
You're gonna have to tell me how Zoo Keeper and Mr. Driller are. I've not heard of Polarium I'll have to look that one up. I'm having way to much fun with WarioWare Touched right now though. You should also check out Feel the Magic by SEGA!
Well I'm having fun with my DS! The Polarium game is my fave out of the 3 I bought, but then I'm a nut for puzzle games. The Zoo Keeper is very simple and fun, but I've played games like this before. Still it's cute and fun if you like mindless fun puzzle games. I've not really played too much of Mr Driller to give you a quick review, but I'll get back to you on that when I've played a bit more.

I've also just ordered the WarioWare Touched as I've read reviews and it seems like silly fun. I've not seen the Feel the Magic game you mentioned...allthough some of the games aren't out over here yet. I'm looking forward to Bomberman and a few others due out soon.

-Angie
valemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #13
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by valemeister
Well I'm having fun with my DS! The Polarium game is my fave out of the 3 I bought, but then I'm a nut for puzzle games. The Zoo Keeper is very simple and fun, but I've played games like this before. Still it's cute and fun if you like mindless fun puzzle games. I've not really played too much of Mr Driller to give you a quick review, but I'll get back to you on that when I've played a bit more.

I've also just ordered the WarioWare Touched as I've read reviews and it seems like silly fun. I've not seen the Feel the Magic game you mentioned...allthough some of the games aren't out over here yet. I'm looking forward to Bomberman and a few others due out soon.

-Angie

Heh Wario is alot of silly fun, where you hardly have enough time to say WTf...when the next wierd game comes up! I'll have to check those out then. Feel the Magic is alot like WarioWare only with some story but hardly thrilling. The games are all anyone goes for. I'm interested in seeing multiplayer for Metroid as well, and Mario Kart! I can't wait to see Bomberman too!
Old 03-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #14
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I thought the DS was just a bad idea.

Who wants to use the touch pad to play games? Sorry but it's cheesy and not fun. It will not last.

The portable PS should be great. It will also work as a video playback devive too.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 04:10 PM   #15
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson
I thought the DS was just a bad idea.

Who wants to use the touch pad to play games? Sorry but it's cheesy and not fun. It will not last.

The portable PS should be great. It will also work as a video playback devive too.

That's what alot of ppl are saying. Though so far I'm having a blast with each game that has been released. As for a video playback device I have a 100gig Archos portable video player, that you could record dvds straight from a player, record video from pc, record tv shows, and use it for pics and mp3s and what not. PsP can't do that.

Plus you have to keep buying memory sticks for it. The Duos I believe. If I want a certain item to do something I'd want it to do it all. I'd buy this only for the games not for the rest of it's options. It's like ppl that have camera phones, gimmicky, but I have a real digital camera that can do it all rather then take shoddy pics on my phone just cause it's all in one you know?

But don't get me wrong, I would only use it for gaming. Just like the DS is really only meant for gaming though it's also going to have a tv tuner soon as wel.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:38 PM   #16
valemeister
Cranky Octopus

OKay, just so you know, Mr Driller is poop. It's very repetative and boring. It looks cute and that's about it. I can't see whay this is a popular game, frankly. I think I'm going to try taking it back to the shop.

-Angie
Old 03-14-2005, 09:24 PM   #17
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by valemeister
OKay, just so you know, Mr Driller is poop. It's very repetative and boring. It looks cute and that's about it. I can't see whay this is a popular game, frankly. I think I'm going to try taking it back to the shop.

-Angie

Haha, that's what I thought. I never really got into the originals back when it came out. Thanks for telling me! Hope you can take it back!
Old 03-14-2005, 10:41 PM   #18
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Haha, a mess of SPs that's great! Zurb if I could, I'd let you borrow mine, just to make you a believer! If you've ever get a chance to stop by a Gamestop, Best Buy or whatever check out the display, (if it hasn't been destroyed by millions of kids yet) and check it out. You'll be surprised.
Ghost, I'm sure it's cool and all but at this point I'm gonna pass on it and wait for my PSP. It wil be cool to po in the Spiderman 2 movie UMD and watch it on what I hear is a phenomenal quality screen.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:13 PM   #19
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
Ghost, I'm sure it's cool and all but at this point I'm gonna pass on it and wait for my PSP. It wil be cool to po in the Spiderman 2 movie UMD and watch it on what I hear is a phenomenal quality screen.

It does have a gorgeous display. I saw it playing and hardly any skipping or slow down. Though I'd stick to the games on this and not so much movies. Though giving us Spidey 2 is a nice touch!
Old 03-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #20
valemeister
Cranky Octopus

Quote:
Haha, that's what I thought. I never really got into the originals back when it came out. Thanks for telling me! Hope you can take it back!
No prob. I took it back with no problems (YAY!) and I swapped it for Feel the Magic, which is called "Project Rub" over here...probably the most dodgy assed title for a game ever. LOL. But it's got loads of mini games like you said, so I'm a lot happier now.

Nintendo DS has been so popular since it's release this past weekend that there weren't many games left in the shop! I think the guy in the shop was actually very pelased to take Mr Driller off me as they'd ran out. LOL! Also, I'm looking forward to Mario Ware coming in the mail this week.

As for the PSP Vs DS thing, well I have a Playstaion 2 and am happy to keep p[laying games on that and have no desire to pick up the handheld version. I also don't see the point in playing movies on something that tiny. Now I've never owned a Nintendo in any form ever before and I'm really quite into this little DS machine. The little light pen is a great idea. I'm loving it anyway!

-Angie