Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #2691
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Radd Titan measured him at 15.55kg = 34.2pounds.
Watching their video is what made me think about asking the question. I'm pretty sure he's going on a bottom shelf.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:15 PM   #2692
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormousthumbs View Post
Watching their video is what made me think about asking the question. I'm pretty sure he's going on a bottom shelf.
Wise choice.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #2693
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I hear what your saying. However, the Bane you listed doesn't compare to the PF IMO. The PF is far superior. For me personally, I'd rather hunt down the PF in the aftermarket than buy a unlicensed custom piece. I rarely even like custom pieces. Most look very amateurish and unprofessional to me. Of course, there are exceptions like the Daniel Bel Magneto. The bottom line is, if you're a huge Bane fan, I can't see anyone passing on this PF. IMO, it's the quintessential Bane statue. A perfect representation of the comic book Bane and THE Bane statue I'd want in my collection.

That all said, I'd never pay the ridiculously high BIN prices on the bay. I'd wait for an auction and work the boards to get it way cheaper. Also, I wouldn't stress over getting the EX on this. The REG Bane would be more than enough for my collection. I'm a comic guy, so for me it's REG portrait or bust. It'd be all I need.
I'm not bashing but I agree on customs. I do like some of them a lot but most often I don't like them after the finished product. The 3d images always looks superb. As for Daniel bell I'm not a fan of his work so let's leave it at that for respect to the artist.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:12 PM   #2694
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
I hear what your saying. However, the Bane you listed doesn't compare to the PF IMO. The PF is far superior. For me personally, I'd rather hunt down the PF in the aftermarket than buy a unlicensed custom piece. I rarely even like custom pieces. Most look very amateurish and unprofessional to me. Of course, there are exceptions like the Daniel Bel Magneto. The bottom line is, if you're a huge Bane fan, I can't see anyone passing on this PF. IMO, it's the quintessential Bane statue. A perfect representation of the comic book Bane and THE Bane statue I'd want in my collection.

That all said, I'd never pay the ridiculously high BIN prices on the bay. I'd wait for an auction and work the boards to get it way cheaper. Also, I wouldn't stress over getting the EX on this. The REG Bane would be more than enough for my collection. I'm a comic guy, so for me it's REG portrait or bust. It'd be all I need.
I agree. I would only use the regular head if I owned him. To bad I hesitated and now he is sold out. We will probably never see another comic accurate representation of bane for a long time. I kinda just wish the tubes were in the back of the head, but that is the only fault I have with it. Everything else is 10/10 for me. Anyone who has this statue should consider themselves lucky. I will be getting a bane in the Batman vs Bane diorama by Iron Studios, so it softens the blows of not getting this one.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:30 PM   #2695
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

Couldn't agree more. SS nailed this at every level.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:23 PM   #2696
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I'm not bashing but I agree on customs. I do like some of them a lot but most often I don't like them after the finished product. The 3d images always looks superb. As for Daniel bell I'm not a fan of his work so let's leave it at that for respect to the artist.
Sorry, I don't trust the opinion of someone who thinks Rob Liefeld is a great artist. Let's leave it at that.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:26 PM   #2697
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Couldn't agree more. SS nailed this at every level.
Absolutely. This is a piece that everyone involved should be proud of.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:32 PM   #2698
AC_808
Hercules

An awesome Bane statue indeed. Even with a mixed-media pants, I had to get this. And I'm more into fully sculpted statues.

I liked what I saw in the proto, so decided to risk it and PO. But with how this came out ...damn, its a total win!
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:59 PM   #2699
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
An awesome Bane statue indeed. Even with a mixed-media pants, I had to get this. And I'm more into fully sculpted statues.

I liked what I saw in the proto, so decided to risk it and PO. But with how this came out ...damn, its a total win!

I hope Sideshow takes the outcome of this statue and adds it to their playbook. Lot's of reviews out there for those interested including a recent Radd Titan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn8D0C_hjKI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qREhi6c2PAI

Some strong accents but good work....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:02 PM   #2700
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Bane is available for PO again.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote