Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #1491
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Sideshow should release the full reveal today instead of waiting, that leaked pic is such a disappointing way for fans to get their first full look at him, saturated photo, not fully assembled Throne, etc.

It's like when a grainy, out of focus trailer for a new blockbuster film gets leaked online.
Agreed. That's why I'm just pretending it didn't happen. Sideshow did not intend for it to be released that way so I am not going to sit here and critique.

This reminds me of a time years ago my friend got a bootleg leak of Wolverine - before the SFX were input. He hated the movie and criticized how badly it looked because there were times "you could see the strings and you could tell he should have had claws but they weren't there."

Moral of the story if you can't get an unfinished product/reveal and criticize that. It's unfair to the company and everyone who worked hard on this project.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #1492
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Sideshow should release the full reveal today instead of waiting, that leaked pic is such a disappointing way for fans to get their first full look at him, saturated photo, not fully assembled Throne, etc.

It's like when a grainy, out of focus trailer for a new blockbuster film gets leaked online.

And the finished product is ALWAYS better than whatever leaked crap ends up online.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #1493
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Its a wait and see for the full reveal for sure. That chair/throne does seem too small for him, but Wednesday should give a better idea how he looks. This incomplete badly angled picture doesn't show the full story.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #1494
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
It's unfair to the company and everyone who worked hard on this project.
Best post on SF in 2017.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:34 PM   #1495
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Agreed. That's why I'm just pretending it didn't happen. Sideshow did not intend for it to be released that way so I am not going to sit here and critique.

This reminds me of a time years ago my friend got a bootleg leak of Wolverine - before the SFX were input. He hated the movie and criticized how badly it looked because there were times "you could see the strings and you could tell he should have had claws but they weren't there."
Moral of the story if you can't get an unfinished product/reveal and criticize that. It's unfair to the company and everyone who worked hard on this project.
Your friend was right and it was a terrible movie.

the way these companies work is the opposite of what they did with that movie. they post a lighted up picture of a prototype and dumb it down for mass production. That's like showing the trailer to your movie with all the FX in it then pulling it down to a pre-CG screening in theatres.

I have zero point zero hard feelings.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #1496
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Your friend was right and it was a terrible movie.

the way these companies work is the opposite of what they did with that movie. they post a lighted up picture of a prototype and dumb it down for mass production. That's like showing the trailer to your movie with all the FX in it then pulling it down to a pre-CG screening in theatres.

I have zero point zero hard feelings.
I don't think it's like that at all. Trailers have all the bells and whistles in anticipation of the final movie which has all the bells and whistles.

You must have at least zero point one hard feelings otherwise you are not living up to your name. Or where you live! C'mon we're just supposed to say "soory" and move along.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #1497
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't care about the grainy pic, but can somebody help me understand why the idea is that this statue comes with THREE portraits?

The grinning on is on the statue (which we hadn't seen before), and the other is on the table (which we saw in the exclusive video).

So where is the magic #3 coming from? Or is it a HOPE of a third portrait that is facing forward that is generating this number?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #1498
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don't care about the grainy pic, but can somebody help me understand why the idea is that this statue comes with THREE portraits?

The grinning on is on the statue (which we hadn't seen before), and the other is on the table (which we saw in the exclusive video).

So where is the magic #3 coming from? Or is it a HOPE of a third portrait that is facing forward that is generating this number?
Same place that 1/5 scale came from... THE DEPTHS OF TARATARUS
Old 03-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #1499
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
I don't think it's like that at all. Trailers have all the bells and whistles in anticipation of the final movie which has all the bells and whistles.

You must have at least zero point one hard feelings otherwise you are not living up to your name. Or where you live! C'mon we're just supposed to say "soory" and move along.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #1500
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Thanks, MrJones.

Just wanted to ensure I wasn't going crazy....and for a minute I let the lunatics almost get me. Eeeeek!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote