Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #6481
nearmint
Phoenix

But how many of the EX will be on eBay?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:38 PM   #6482
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
He's huge. Looks pretty cool too.
Black Dwarf is in the Avengers Infinity arc by Hickman. He is a BEAST on the battlefield. Looking forward to seeing him in the inevitable clash against The Hulk. Funny enough in this expo they said his name was Cull Obsidian which was actually a name for this group of villains. They were the Black Order AKA Cull Obsidian. Looks like in the movies they are being called the Children of Thanos and Black Dwarf us Cull Obsidian. Not sure why the change, I don't think it accomplished anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
There was a side-by-side pic on one of the Facebook groups of live pictures of the gauntlet turned on and off. The gems have the M&M look only when the light is on. When the lights are off the gems look similar to the proto.
This is exactly what I've been shouting from the rooftops but I've realized people just want to talk ----. Everyone is DYING to find SOMETHING wrong with this statue. I have stopped trying to correct them because it's only my opinion that matters. It's not like I'm buying this as a gift for anyone else.

I will say I was chatting with an Instagram friend about this statue and was actually AT the expo. This guy is predominantly a figures guy but knows statues. He said this statue commands a presence not like anything he has ever seen before. He said that in person, it is the nicest statue he has ever seen and he is MASSIVE! I'm looking forward to the naysayers still trying to find something wrong with him when he steals the show at SDCC.

I cannot wait for this statue. He will be without a doubt the greatest statue ever produced.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #6483
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Everyone is DYING to find SOMETHING wrong with this statue.
I heard that it's made out of blue cheese.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #6484
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
But how many of the EX will be on eBay?
I'm not arguing that, the EX will make the 4250 Regs boat anchors to certain buyers in 3 years. The EX will no doubt be sought after by fans.

IMO, the greater part of the 5000 ES should not be considered an investment. Buy this as art to display and enjoy , it's AMAZING looking!
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #6485
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

You mean some pushers or haters or fanboys of a CERTAIN company trying to bash this MASTERPIECE? There is nothing wrong with this. Its a f...g masterpiece. A masterpiece! PERIOD. PERIOD. PERIOD. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

Sideshow and Will NAILED IT!!! A masterpiece for the ages!
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #6486
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I heard that it's made out of blue cheese.
hahaha... and smells like it too!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:57 PM   #6487
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I'm not arguing that, the EX will make the 4250 Regs boat anchors to certain buyers in 3 years. The EX will no doubt be sought after by fans.

IMO, the greater part of the 5000 ES should not be considered an investment. Buy this as art to display and enjoy , it's AMAZING looking!
750 EX

3500 Regulars

not sure where you get 5k ES and where you get 4250 regs when the entire ES is 4250, maybe I'm reading what you wrote wrong lol.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #6488
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
750 EX

3500 Regulars

not sure where you get 5k ES and where you get 4250 regs when the entire ES is 4250, maybe I'm reading what you wrote wrong lol.
sorry I misinterpreted the #'s same applies none the less.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:16 PM   #6489
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
sorry I misinterpreted the #'s same applies none the less.
No worries, you kinda scared me into thinking SSC raised the ES for the regulars, lol. 3,500 is way to many as is.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #6490
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
The EX! The EX! The REG around 3k. But not from day1, give them 3 years+. I have seen this happening MANY times in other markets (watches, wines etc). The same rules apply. Apart from some earlier posts where i explained how this market and other similar markets work, theres another reason. Or maybe 2

You all forget why ALL of our statues will appreciate 10 or 15 years from now...Whoever gets what are these 2 factors, i will re-name him/her mini-forps... Im just kidding!

I don't see these numbers happening at all.

The total edition size is too high for that kind of price appreciation, and the total matters because the regulars will affect the ceiling on the exclusives. One the price spread is too wide, people will just buy regulars, because ultimately it's just one head, and no one is gonna pay a $1000 premium for a head when the regular is readily available. The "exclusive" cachet has its limits.

In the short term, lots of people are gonna be trying to flip this, which will dampen enthusiasm. It will be hard to pay big bucks when there are a dozen on ebay at all times, which I guarantee will be the case for the first several months after release.

I would suggest people buy this thing primarily because they want it, not as an investment. The Doom PF days are over.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote