Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-24-2017, 04:40 PM   #21
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Absolutely.
I want a bearded Thor for my Modern PF primarily atm.
Aquaman holding Black Mantas helmet.
The list can go on.

It would be kinda cool if they let the fans vote for one swap out for each piece, that would come with the standard version.

It would be even better if they got rid of the EX versions all together.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:14 PM   #22
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Absolutely.
I want a bearded Thor for my Modern PF primarily atm.
Aquaman holding Black Mantas helmet.
The list can go on.

It would be kinda cool if they let the fans vote for one swap out for each piece, that would come with the standard version.

It would be even better if they got rid of the EX versions all together.
Please no! No ex means no buy from ss and they would go out of business. People would buy from shops to save a bigger discount with incentives to go through ss. I would say the ex from ss needs to all improve like bane, leopard lady, gator guy, all colored turtles, and all others with a ex or fail. These are prime examples of a superb ex!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:05 PM   #23
COI

I would pay more to have pieces come in one or two solid pieces (figure and base) like actual sculptures, and not with multiple switch-outs like some kind of statue/toy hybrid compromising the flow of the sculpts. That's just me though and I'm guessing I'm in the minority.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:50 PM   #24
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
A good idea in theory but I could see companies taking advantage of customers. For example, releasing a good portrait with the statue, then soon after selling a better one.
But they do that now and sell you an entire new statue.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:44 PM   #25
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I would pay more to have pieces come in one or two solid pieces (figure and base) like actual sculptures, and not with multiple switch-outs like some kind of statue/toy hybrid compromising the flow of the sculpts. That's just me though and I'm guessing I'm in the minority.
No. Your most definitely not. I would rather having a solid-complete sculpt. An actual statue as opposed to these "statue kits" we are accustomed to.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:19 PM   #26
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

For the price of these they better have extra accessories. If you want a 1 piece statue just glue it together... done.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #27
Parallax
Nightwing

Personally there's nothing I hate more than looking at the shelf holding all of the extra statue parts I don't use. I will never put the long eared head on the Batman PF. I'll never take away Hal's lantern. I'm not going to pay more money to increase the amount of (expensive!) items that are gathering dust on a shelf. Instead of selling me a head and hand that turns the character I own into a different version of that character, sell me a statue of that version. I can tell you I'd much rather have two Aquaman statues than have to keep switching between two looks that I like. Make a regular Aquaman, make a 90's Aquaman. I'd prefer that sort of thing as opposed to having to make the choice. That's just me though. I know not everyone wants multiple statues of one character. I have 2 Green Lanterns, 4 Batmans, and 3 Daredevils. I'm all about multiples of my favorites and I'm all about showing them in as many ways as possible.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:51 PM   #28
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Madden View Post
For the price of these they better have extra accessories. If you want a 1 piece statue just glue it together... done.
If you want accessories, buy Hot Toys. Done.

What I want for the prices we pay are amazing sculpts with great paint jobs and QC, high quality materials (metals instead of plastic), good engineering and build quality, reasonable edition sizes, good packing materials, and good customer service.

There is this mindset in the hobby that value for your money = more parts, light=ups and ridiculous giant bases. There are other ways to get value for your money. I'll take simple, elegant and perfectly executed pieces over transforming sculpts, a dozen parts that will either clutter your display area like debris or sit in the box most of the time, light-ups that you'll actually light up less frequently than Christmas lights, and giant distracting bases that are impossible to fit next to each other.

It's cool if that's the stuff you guys like, but there are other ways to get value for your money.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:52 AM   #29
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

The only switch out's I care about are switch out portraits and IMO, at the price range were already at, I think all Premium Format statues should come with switch out portraits.

As for the idea of selling switch out options for the statues separately, I really have no interest in it. Even if switch out portraits were offered as options I would likely pass as the price would likely be too high. I wont buy a statue unless it has a portrait I like and buying a statue that doesnt have a portrait I like with the intention of buying another portrait separately would only add that much more to the prices were already paying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
If you want accessories, buy Hot Toys. Done.

What I want for the prices we pay are amazing sculpts with great paint jobs and QC, high quality materials (metals instead of plastic), good engineering and build quality, reasonable edition sizes, good packing materials, and good customer service.

There is this mindset in the hobby that value for your money = more parts, light=ups and ridiculous giant bases. There are other ways to get value for your money. I'll take simple, elegant and perfectly executed pieces over transforming sculpts, a dozen parts that will either clutter your display area like debris or sit in the box most of the time, light-ups that you'll actually light up less frequently than Christmas lights, and giant distracting bases that are impossible to fit next to each other.

It's cool if that's the stuff you guys like, but there are other ways to get value for your money.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #30
Y3E
Gen 13

Every company that sells switchouts should offer something to place them in. Having extra parts is a pain in the @ss as they just sit in on the shelf.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote